Will 2017 production be sold out on April 1st 2016? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #101

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Or keep your Casita and your savings...
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:21 PM   #102

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
After reading this thread through several times and taking the sentiments expressed to their logical conclusion ,we have decided to go for an Oliver or Airstream trailer. It will wipe out a large portion of our retirement savings but what the heck you only live once.
Good luck with your decision. See you at the campfire.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #103

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
After reading this thread through several times and taking the sentiments expressed to their logical conclusion ,we have decided to go for an Oliver or Airstream trailer. It will wipe out a large portion of our retirement savings but what the heck you only live once.
That price reflects comes with a lot if you can afford it . Just some ,4 season , better insulated , bigger tanks , shocks, electric Jack system , very nice upholstery, big closet and nice bath, quality latches , led lighting including your cabinets , good level monitoring system , aluminum frame, "wheels," storage bumper on rear , 16 Michelin LTX tires , comes with 2 batteries , slide out can hold 4 , great aluminum double entry step, thermal Windows , excellent marine grade hardware ,24 in TV mounted with am/fm, Bluetooth, DVD with 4 speakers . There is a lot you are getting for your money . Start adding up , our trailers , adding all these mods we do . The best Is their solar which is bolted through with heavy 1/4 aluminum backing plates in top shell never going through the interior . Can be adjusted up with brackets . All I need to do is win the lottery , because that will be hard because I don't play . The Oliver is a fine trailer and well worth for the price for what you are getting . Our Escapes are more what most of us can afford , then we keep making improvements to get it just right for us . It is great there are choices for us whether Escape, Oliver , Casita , Scamp , etc. Ok waiting for ........ Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:36 PM   #104

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
LOL...thinking about using the retirement savings for the purchase of a RV park...then sit back with an asset that increases in value and just watch RV trailers evolve rather than buy one!
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:42 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
That price reflects comes with a lot if you can afford it . Just some ,4 season , better insulated , bigger tanks , shocks, electric Jack system , very nice upholstery, big closet and nice bath, quality latches , led lighting including your cabinets , good level monitoring system , aluminum frame, "wheels," storage bumper on rear , 16 Michelin LTX tires , comes with 2 batteries , slide out can hold 4 , great aluminum double entry step, thermal Windows , excellent marine grade hardware ,24 in TV mounted with am/fm, Bluetooth, DVD with 4 speakers . There is a lot you are getting for your money . Start adding up , our trailers , adding all these mods we do . The best Is their solar which is bolted through with heavy 1/4 aluminum backing plates in top shell never going through the interior . Can be adjusted up with brackets . All I need to do is win the lottery , because that will be hard because I don't play . The Oliver is a fine trailer and well worth for the price for what you are getting . Our Escapes are more what most of us can afford , then we keep making improvements to get it just right for us . It is great there are choices for us whether Escape, Oliver , Casita , Scamp , etc. Ok waiting for ........ Pat
you are making me drool...when I started this quest with the crazy notion of buying an rv trailer, all I really wanted was a warm place to take a dump and maybe a shower once a week... if they put a shower head in a port-a-potty and mounted it on a trailer it would have fulfilled the design spec...but then the rv trailer salesman said "we also have satellite tv and solar power options" !
Old 03-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
you are making me drool...when I started this quest with the crazy notion of buying an rv trailer, all I really wanted was a warm place to take a dump and maybe a shower once a week... if they put a shower head in a port-a-potty and mounted it on a trailer it would have fulfilled the design spec...but then the rv trailer salesman said "we also have satellite tv and solar power options" !
I have heard about the toilet paper not true . If you have chemicals in black tank as my brother says all paper will break down . Pat
Old 03-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #107

Quote:
LOL...thinking about using the retirement savings for the purchase of a RV park...then sit back with an asset that increases in value and just watch RV trailers evolve rather than buy one!
Only problem with that ,you will have no life , you cannot leave . Personally knew couple who did that and got out . Pat
Old 03-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Only problem with that ,you will have no life , you cannot leave . Personally knew couple who did that and got out . Pat
yep...freespirit != staying in one place..
Old 03-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #109

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
They are both nice trailer's I am sure you will be happy.
We decided not to go that route this time around because we wanted to tow with our SUV and both the Ollie and the Airstream are too heavy for that. Also not sure I we would get the Ollie even if we had the perfect tow vehicle because we like a larger dinette as well as a permanent bed. The floor plan of the Airstream 25fb is very appealing. For us considering the smaller airstreams always begged the question why not an Escape with a real queen bed. Maybe Airstream will modify one of their Bambies to match the Escape 19 layout : )

All th best in your trailering
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:51 PM   #110

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
We have looked at buying RV Lot below the winter DMZ in FL and it is approx $75-100k to buy. The rental return on these lots is pretty phenomenal due to the large influx of RV snowbirds that is getting worse every year. Returns currently are way better than putting it into an annuity or some such and no hands on. One we looked at was still over 80% occupancy through the hot summer months, go figure.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:57 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
They are both nice trailer's I am sure you will be happy.
We decided not to go that route this time around because we wanted to tow with our SUV and both the Ollie and the Airstream are too heavy for that. Also not sure I we would get the Ollie even if we had the perfect tow vehicle because we like a larger dinette as well as a permanent bed. The floor plan of the Airstream 25fb is very appealing. For us considering the smaller airstreams always begged the question why not an Escape with a real queen bed. Maybe Airstream will modify one of their Bambies to match the Escape 19 layout : )

All th best in your trailering
Having a 19 ft Escape the bed is wonderful . I think we communicated yesterday about the Springflied pedestal, Escape will install for you and it sure works so much nicer to lower for bed or lounge . Sorry yesterday I was a little preoccupied . Pat
Old 03-16-2016, 03:06 PM   #112

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Thank You Pat
Sincerely
Barry
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:14 PM   #113

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
I'm being reminded of Jeff (who I think started this forum) who had an Escape at the time. He said he had always wanted an Airstream and bought one that came on sale near him. Later someone here asked him how the Airstream compared to his Escape in quality. If I remember correctly he said something to the effect of, if he was honest he would have to say that the Escape had fewer problems.

Side note, at City of Rocks we saw what looked to be 23' Airstream being towed by a VW SUV. I'm thinking that that tow was way overloaded.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
Thank You Pat
Sincerely
Barry
Pat
Old 03-16-2016, 04:02 PM   #115

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
I'm being reminded of Jeff (who I think started this forum) who had an Escape at the time. He said he had always wanted an Airstream and bought one that came on sale near him. Later someone here asked him how the Airstream compared to his Escape in quality. If I remember correctly he said something to the effect of, if he was honest he would have to say that the Escape had fewer problems.

Side note, at City of Rocks we saw what looked to be 23' Airstream being towed by a VW SUV. I'm thinking that that tow was way overloaded.
Jeff got a steal on it, but some of for a motorhome. I toured his Airstream 6 years ago at the first Escape Rally. Though nicely appointed, they tried to put too much in there, and this the layout and run to move was lousy. I think it was a 19' model, but could be wrong
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:46 PM   #116

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
HA! That's like asking if the airlines are gonna do away with all their extra surcharges that they claimed they needed to charge to cover the high fuel costs. But now with lower costs, are we seeing those charges go away? Nope!
Umm... yes.
This is just like gasoline prices: lots of people complain loudly about increases, but nobody seems to notice the equally frequent drops.
Airfares to keep falling as fuel cuts passed on
(Google search link leads to article in Press Reader, which I can't directly link)
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:53 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post

If you could get your hands on a older airstream that was in good condition I think they are a lot better build then the new ones built by Thor . I remember looking at one at a show and a piece of cabinet pulled right off in my hands , it was stapled . I once looked at a Sovereign Airstream 1999 at the beach . Wow real wood cabinets in this one . The couple said very hard to come by and they had been looking for a long time . Their exterior was polished and a beauty . Seen a lot of newer ones with corrision on the exteriors . Fiberglass is I think the way to go today . Like a lot of us with previous RV 's , really got tired of keeping up with the water intrusion on RV's . Airstreams are cute, a status symbol, and retro but ....... Pat
Old 03-16-2016, 05:09 PM   #118
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Over the years, I've gotten to know Roger H on FiberglassRV, we were once both moderators/admins there. See what he has to say about the new Pendleton Airstream: New Pendelton Airstream - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV, since he's owned six Airstreams I kinda trust his judgment.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:24 PM   #119

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I never knock another man's choice of equipment. I've been out raced, out shot, out fished, and generally humiliated by any of number of what I considered people with inferior equipment. That said, I've done my share of damage with lesser products too. I respect everyone's choices and only have a minor problem when someone tells me my stuff is not good. Then I am motivated to excell or shun them. The old adage about Beware the man with only one gun, he probably knows how to use it, comes to mind. Relish the time spent outdoors recreating while you can and have fun with what you can afford. Doesn't matter how good it is if it's parked in the garage. Good luck with your choices.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:36 PM   #120

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
What I find with most consumer goods, that on a scale of cost vs quality/value, that there usually is a relatively even climb as you go, up to a certain point. Once the scale crests this point, the amount of quality/value begins to slow down (and flatten of) as the price increases. I purchase most products at that point. I think Escape trailers kinda fit this scenario to much of a degree.

This is not true with all my purchases though, as I do like to treat myself to a few luxury items, and do purchase the odd cheaper item if it is not regularly used, and will still fit the purpose.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote