? windows - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2019, 08:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
? windows

I working on my 19 build sheet. I done a search and have read a lot of threads about windows. I still cant decide between the frameless or sliders. I am leaning towards the stock tinted thermal sliders. I will be getting the manual awning and these seem to have no interference with the awning . I had a few questions on the windows .

1. Can the escape window be left open in the rain?
2. With the awning open can any of the sliders be left open in rain?
3.can the kitchen window left open in the rain with awning closed. I think this is a crank out window . I sent EfT a email to confirm
4. If i did decide on the frameless how far can they open with the manual awning closed?
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I working on my 19 build sheet. I done a search and have read a lot of threads about windows. I still cant decide between the frameless or sliders. I am leaning towards the stock tinted thermal sliders. I will be getting the manual awning and these seem to have no interference with the awning . I had a few questions on the windows .

Yes.

Kitchen

3.can the kitchen window left open in the rain with awning closed. I think this is a crank out window . I sent EfT a email to confirm

Yes if the rain isn't intense/windy

4. If i did decide on the frameless how far can they open with the manual awning closed?

Dunno.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You could also have your Maxxfan assist. You can open that in the rain and switch it to "out". Then open any sliders that are protected by the awning, to draw air in.
I've never opened my escape window ( 17B ) as an awning window.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
1. Yes, I drilled several holes in the handle allowing it to be left open in different amounts. As long as there's not nasty wind driven rain it can be open during rainy times.

2 Yes, kitchen for sure but it really depends on how hard it's raining. Light rain and no wind doesn't seem to get past the window screen.

3. With sliders the kitchen window is a slider. The manual awning forms a real ledge above even when retracted. Except for windy conditions the kitchen window can pretty much be open most of the time.

4. We have a Gen. 2 Escape 21 with a manual awning and sliders. But the bathroom window is an awning window and it can barely open with the awning closed. When we had a 19 the sliders could open fully even if the awning wasn't out.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:40 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post

We have the sliders on our 19 . Our option kitchen window is awning style just not frameless . We leave that window open all the time except when washing trailer or traveling down the road . The bedroom driver side escape window is awning style just not frameless . That window because it is a escape window will completely open . We also have a option bath window but that slides up and down . That window if you can get is real handy for sticking a sewer water hose in toilet to flush it out when needed . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:44 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We have the sliders on our 19 . Our option kitchen window is awning style just not frameless . We leave that window open all the time except when washing trailer or traveling down the road . The bedroom driver side escape window is awning style just not frameless . That window because it is a escape window will completely open . We also have a option bath window but that slides up and down . That window if you can get is real handy for sticking a sewer water hose in toilet to flush it out when needed . Pat
The escape window in the bed area I also drilled a hole in lever to hold that window open because otherwise has a tendency to slam shut . I have a little pin to insert in hole . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote