Wish we would have added... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2017, 09:58 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21
Wish we would have added...

....a dinette.

We've had our trailer for three years now, and every now and then we talk about options that we wish that we had added during the build. And every time, we both say that we wish we would have added a dinette to our build sheet.

We are saying this tongue in cheek as you can see in the attached picture! We have a lounge for our dingos, of course! Also, we usually eat outside when camping.

On the left is Callie, our perfect 11-year old (soon to be 12 in September), and on the right is Summit, our perfect in training 2 1/2 year old.

Dinette or not, we would not have it any other way than travelling with our beloved dingos!
Attached Thumbnails
24242.jpg  
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Fun looking doggies.

Well, depending on how skinny you are, they did leave you a bit of room on the side and back. Until you want to sit there and then they'll spread out, right? Right!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 02:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Your pups are beautiful! They look very sweet! What a comfy looking lounge :-)
Old 08-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
After our first trip in our new 19 I thought about this exact approach - take out the table and support posts and put across a board and cushion measuring about half the depth of the dinette space. Would make a great U shaped sitting area and a place to put the feet up when inside.
Bbawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
So many different solutions for all the different owners. We are ones that could just not give up as large of a table as possible. It is a multi-use platform for us, eating, crafts and hobbies, cards together or with friends, map reading, temp storage of stuff, sorting........
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbawt View Post
After our first trip in our new 19 I thought about this exact approach - take out the table and support posts and put across a board and cushion measuring about half the depth of the dinette space. Would make a great U shaped sitting area and a place to put the feet up when inside.
We did something like that. We also have another filler board and cushion to fill the whole area if needed. We had removed the table in our previous 19' so left it out this time. We use a folding table when needed.
Attached Thumbnails
20170226_143001.jpg   20170221_180002.jpg  
Old 08-03-2017, 07:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
We did something like that. We also have another filler board and cushion to fill the whole area if needed. We had removed the table in our previous 19' so left it out this time. We use a folding table when needed.
That looks really good!
Old 08-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
So many different solutions for all the different owners. We are ones that could just not give up as large of a table as possible. It is a multi-use platform for us, eating, crafts and hobbies, cards together or with friends, map reading, temp storage of stuff, sorting........
Yes, same for us. I'd like to have the option for setting up the table, or setting up the platform with cushion - then just swap them out back and forth as needed.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:29 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbawt View Post
Yes, same for us. I'd like to have the option for setting up the table, or setting up the platform with cushion - then just swap them out back and forth as needed.
Same for us, too. I've been thinking of putting a shelf across the back wall, beneath the table, so some of my precious stuff isn't resting on the floor under there...but so far I haven't.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:48 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Mmmm Mary what precious stuff are you speaking? I'm trying to figure out my precious stuff .... mostly in a design above the table ... basically a box to hold papers, radio, writing needs and left over options for companions. Design escapes me ... but I am all ears.

Below table (possibly) to be able to convert to bed and back again? Not familiar enough with the 21 design. I find that the smaller the space, the better the design must be. Not painfully ... I'm still struggling. What are your ideas?

Tom
Old 08-22-2017, 10:50 AM   #11

The "precious" stuff that gets relegated to the floor by the back wall of the dinette is mostly electronics chargers/cords that are in a bag. Also we carry a "book bag" with some maps and books that we aren't reading today, but perhaps were yesterday or will tomorrow. My auxiliary phone battery's charge cord is too short to go from the 12v plug to the dinette, but could rest on a shelf beneath the table, if there was one...and I'm just thinking I could minimize the table clutter if we had a shelf. (We are just home from two weeks out, and I'm really not sure how much a priority this shelf should be.)
Old 08-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #12

Multi-use platform!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Bananagrams for four, on a cold and rainy evening...
Old 08-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #13

Bannagrams? Is that a food, a game, or a state of mind?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #14

"Fast and frantic, players race against each other to build crossword grids. And it requires no pencil, paper, or board. In this addictive word game, speed wins, not points. You’ll have a bunch of fun as you race to the finish by using all of your letter tiles first! BANANAGRAMS comes in a small portable banana-shaped pouch and is perfect for everyone 7 & up; at home or on the go."

I disagree about the "fast and frantic" part of the description.

Bananagrams.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:50 AM   #15

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I had a Summit! Purebred Dalmatian that I lost April 2, 2011. Still miss her every day!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 05:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
"Fast and frantic, players race against each other to build crossword grids. And it requires no pencil, paper, or board. In this addictive word game, speed wins, not points. You’ll have a bunch of fun as you race to the finish by using all of your letter tiles first! BANANAGRAMS comes in a small portable banana-shaped pouch and is perfect for everyone 7 & up; at home or on the go."

I disagree about the "fast and frantic" part of the description.

Bananagrams.
Looks fun, but I try to avoid anything that makes me more bananas than I already am.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #17

Actually, I hate games. Except maybe Uno, which takes absolutely no skill. Bananagrams is very low pressure, since you don't take turns. The whole bananas aspect is a marketing gimmick. It's more like Bookworm or even self-paced Scrabble. We only played it because it was cold and rainy a couple or three evenings... Usually I sit with my knitting while the others play whatever...I made an exception for Bananagrams this time and found that I liked it. YMMV.