Would you consider a trade? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2019, 09:15 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Would you consider a trade?

Okay, this is right now strictly for discussion. BUT would you consider a trade of your model trailer with another member of this forum for a different model of the same year?

I'm in a bit of pinch. I love my trailer, but due to circumstances I may need to sell and get a bumper pull. So... is there anyone in the PNW that has a 2014 21' trailer really wanting a 5.0TA? I have zero interest in the 2nd gen trailers... sorry.

BUT, if you're in the PNW (Washington, Oregon, northern California, Idaho) and are seriously thinking about it.... lets talk. Surely I'm not the only one that has considered this...

Sigh.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:22 AM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
If I were in that situation- preferring one over the equivalent other- I would certainly consider it. Maybe do a "Wanted to Trade" ad?
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Okay, this is right now strictly for discussion. BUT would you consider a trade of your model trailer with another member of this forum for a different model of the same year?

I'm in a bit of pinch. I love my trailer, but due to circumstances I may need to sell and get a bumper pull. So... is there anyone in the PNW that has a 2014 21' trailer really wanting a 5.0TA? I have zero interest in the 2nd gen trailers... sorry.

BUT, if you're in the PNW (Washington, Oregon, northern California, Idaho) and are seriously thinking about it.... lets talk. Surely I'm not the only one that has considered this...

Sigh.
Sounds to me to be doable . Problem for us we only have a 2013 and it is a 19 , not a 21 . We wouldn’t want to lose our Classic either or the fact all the upgrades and work we have in our trailer . What ever your circumstances, we hope it will work out for you . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #4
Site Team

I'm fine, no health problems, etc. I may have to sell my truck and purchase an SUV. Well we all know that means no 5th wheel. It about parking issues...
Old 12-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
I'm fine, no health problems, etc. I may have to sell my truck and purchase an SUV. Well we all know that means no 5th wheel. It about parking issues...
Glad the reason isn’t health issues ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Thought you were selling all that house and stuff and going FT, Donna?? If I had a classic 21, I'd consider it.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Thought you were selling all that house and stuff and going FT, Donna?? If I had a classic 21, I'd consider it.
Actually, I'm moving to a condo I inherited from my Mother. It will be perfect for 'mostly timing.' BUT, there's this HOA stuff and parking my truck in the garage which is a common area. I might buy a piece of crap car and park it there instead. The HOA is actually a pretty good one, it's just this one rule that lacks... common sense.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:45 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Since the F150 is the most popular vehicle in America I'm surprised that there would be that kind of a restriction. Is it that all pickups are prohibited from parking in the condo parking? If that's what it is, I'm amazed, why the prohibition on pickups?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #9

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Since the F150 is the most popular vehicle in America I'm surprised that there would be that kind of a restriction. Is it that all pickups are prohibited from parking in the condo parking? If that's what it is, I'm amazed, why the prohibition on pickups?

Ron
Most likely the subject HOA documents were written when pickups were primarily commercial vehicles. Prohibition of commercial vehicle is quite common.
The HOA needs to update the documents. Ours says pickups for personal transport are allowed. For commercial transport they are prohibited. A neighbor owns an electrical contracting company. He uses magnetic business signs on both doors of his truck and simply takes them off when he gets home. Commercial during the day; personal at night.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:12 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We have a pull through storage unit that you can have whatever fits on it. I currently have two trailers, but many leave their TV hitched and in storage ready to go then drive the crap car. You usually have to store the trailer anyway with an HOA so might be an option for ya.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
We have a pull through storage unit that you can have whatever fits on it. I currently have two trailers, but many leave their TV hitched and in storage ready to go then drive the crap car. You usually have to store the trailer anyway with an HOA so might be an option for ya.
Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up doing. Just what I need, another car! One way or another, it will work out. But, I'm still not opposed to a trade...
Old 12-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
I may be posting a reverse of this in a few years when I move up to a truck. Trading to get a 5.0, rather than selling the 19 and buying one...
Old 12-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #13

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
makes perfect sense to me!

Quote:
would you consider a trade of your model trailer with another member of this forum for a different model of the same year?
Seems to me the MOST important thing is to be situated with exactly the set-up that works for you. If it means changing your rig/s, I'm sure you'll find someone to work that out with.

I don't know you personally, Donna, but have admired your knowledge and enjoyed your contributions here for quite a little while, and - you've got this!
Old 12-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Before you worry too much about the HOA rule especially one that seems out of date, I would check to see if it is enforced. Sometimes HOAs don’t enforce outdated rules. It can cost a lot of money to get the bylaws updated so sometimes it’s easier to just ignore infractions rather than change the bylaws. Don’t change your plans until you really have to!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #15
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimie View Post
Seems to me the MOST important thing is to be situated with exactly the set-up that works for you. If it means changing your rig/s, I'm sure you'll find someone to work that out with.

I don't know you personally, Donna, but have admired your knowledge and enjoyed your contributions here for quite a little while, and - you've got this!
Well said, Mimie! We too, thank you Donna for all your help and support here and hope you find what you are looking for! Season's Greetings, The Bea Team
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote