Yamaha's new portable generator EF2200IS - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2019, 02:23 PM   #21
Red

Trailer: 2018 19 ft Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Not sure why, when some prefer a different brand or choice, they feel it necessary to slag another.
Slagging someone else's decision is one way of justifying your decision. You are a Toyota owner living in Canada pulling a small expensive fiberglass trailer, l am sure you have heard and read all of the nonsense slags.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Another man’s or woman’s equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Slagging someone else's decision is one way of justifying your decision. You are a Toyota owner living in Canada pulling a small expensive fiberglass trailer, l am sure you have heard and read all of the nonsense slags.
Good observation. It’s a strange piece of human nature, not done by many, but continually done by others. There’s the golden rule, why not the fiberglass rule. Don’t knock another persons camper, tow vehicle or the way they camp. I remember my boss ordering signs for the tennis courts. One hour limit if others are waiting, etc. The final line was “Etiquette, it’s part of the game.” I thought it was strange then but in 50 years have realized it’s true in many endeavors. Everybody gets frustrated once in a while, improvement is incremental.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-20-2019, 03:05 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Wouldn't it be nice if when someone is asking an opinion, they'd let us know if they're really asking for opinions or only want opinions that agree with what they really want to do or that will justify their own choice? It will never happen though.

There's been a couple of threads here on the EscapeForum with multiple answers that I've been half-tempted to just ask "How would you like me to answer this question"?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:34 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
I know when I want someone elses opinion it's because of two reasons. First I already have an opinion myself and want support that I'm correct with that opinion and second would be if I know little or nothing about something I want to learns someones opinion about that something. Opinions have a different name these days 'reviews' so that is what I usually do on anything review or opinion it, sometimes to death some might say.

I appreciate everyone opinion and reviews on this forum, even the ones I don't 100% agree with but definitely people on here way smarter then I am on many subjects.

No one answered my question about dual fuel generators, anyone using one of those and have an opinion?

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
You can buy a kit to convert the Yamaha and/or the Honda generators to use propane and they can still use gasoline. "Hutch Mountain" is one of several companies which sell a kit to convert the Honda to propane, NG and can still use gasoline. A Honda EU2200i is on my buy list whenever I get a round tuit but so far I haven't needed one. I don't have AC yet and probably before getting a generator I will spring for AGM batteries.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:05 AM   #26

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Thanks for the tip SFDavis50, found a conversion kit for my Yamaha generator
phsw98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:58 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RL
The reason that you have problems running your Progressive surge protector without bypassing it is the surge protector expects to see the neutral and grounded are not bonded where house is. From my understanding is none of the inverter generators are bonded.

Take a look at post #18 and notice the yellow plug on the right with no cord coming out. I bet it the poster opened it up there is a jumper going from neutral to ground providing the required bonding and the surge protector well work just fine then.

I have 2 Honda 2200i generator and a Yamaha 3000 iSEB and I have to use the plug in all of them to allow my PDI to work properly.

See this

https://www.rvtravel.com/how-generat...r-an-rv-works/
butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 08:23 PM   #28

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C
Not sure if anyone linked this video before but this video shows a Honda generator hooked up to an EMS system and when the generator is running without the grounding plug the EMS shows an error and cuts off the current, when the plug is put in the EMS error is cleared out.

viator36 is online now   Reply With Quote