Yosemite - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Yosemite

We are planning to go to Yosemite around the middle of September..

Any ideas on which area and which campground we should be looking at?

We DO want to see the falls of course...

We just have 7 days from start to finish--We are thinking the second evening we would be in Yosemite and then of course 2 days to drive home--so just three days there...
Old 03-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Re: Yosemite

Being that they're snow fed, the falls are anywhere from really wimpy to almost nonexistent by mid September. Late April-May-June is the best time for the falls. The park is really pretty in all seasons, though. In October, if you time it right (usually mid-month), the colors of the oaks and dogwoods is spectacular. If you're looking at weekend days, book waaay in advance.

I don't think that there's a big difference in any of the valley campgrounds; good sites and views everywhere.

Bruce
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirie
We are planning to go to Yosemite around the middle of September..

Any ideas on which area and which campground we should be looking at?

We DO want to see the falls of course...

We just have 7 days from start to finish--We are thinking the second evening we would be in Yosemite and then of course 2 days to drive home--so just three days there...
I would try to stay in the valley floor - And book now for September as Yosemite is just a bear to get into.. There's other area that has campsites is Wawona, but they are about 35 min (by car) to the valley floor.. When you go definitely make it up to Glacier Point as the vista are just to die for..Also do the hike Vernal Falls ( a good day hike).. The Awahnee lodge is amazing and a great place for lunch (outside) dinner is pretty pricey..

We stayed in "upper pines" (no hook-ups)..

Yosemite is a magical place and you'll never regret making the journey... we usually go twice a year.. in May and sometime in the winter..

favorite quote: "Put the candle back"
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape

Thinking now that just 7 days won't allow us to see it properly and I would have to drive too fast to get there in decent time (1 speeding ticket in the USA is enough)
So maybe JUne of 2011 (oh my I am making time fly) and then we can hopefully see the waterfall in its splenor and have a more relaxing drive..So now hmmm Crater Lake or just the Olympic Peninsula??