12 3/4" or 14" lowering Springfield 3 stage model ? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnf View Post
Hello all....Newbie here.

I'm trying to follow along on this thread. If I understand correctly the springfield is better than what comes standard because it is easier/faster to convert the dinette to a bed. Are there any other advantages?

Well some think it is better some worse. Depends on what you want. The springfield is a permanent table that is easy to go up and down. It only has one post so it has a smaller footprint than two posts would be.

The standard is removable and some folks like that.
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:26 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
springfield

Quote:

I'm trying to follow along on this thread. If I understand correctly the springfield is better than what comes standard because it is easier/faster to convert the dinette to a bed. Are there any other advantages?
I think you choose the Springfield for ease of converting the table to a bed. The trade-off is that you lose the ability to remove the table completely from that area.

Here is an interesting thread on the subject: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...etup-9105.html
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:32 PM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:

As others have mentioned, "better" is a relative term. We were one of the first to install it and we love it, mainly because we can rotate the table, and having only one centered pedestal gives us more legroom than two pedestals front and back as the stock one has. If you intend to remove the table periodically and use the area for a lounge, then the Springfield isn't better at all. Once installed, it stays there.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:32 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:

Though I have not installed mine yet, most claim it to be steadier than the Escape supplied ones.

I like the fact it can be set at a lower level for lounging. For this you either need a slide the moves it away from one bench good, or a smaller table top.

I have given thought to making it easily removable. I could do that with a flange on the floor the base slides in to, but will probably try it without and see if I really want to be able to remove it.

I am also considering a table top that goes from full size (which we feel having is a must for making into a bed), but either has leafs that fold over or get removed.

Nothing is simple in my head.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #25

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
if i had the traditional (comes with the trailer) slide /smaller then the Decor/ could i use/ build the table where the two sides fold in to make a little table? I know you said the other slide was large and stuck out if you folded in the sides.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
if i had the traditional (comes with the trailer) slide /smaller then the Decor/ could i use/ build the table where the two sides fold in to make a little table? I know you said the other slide was large and stuck out if you folded in the sides.
I imagine you could. My table full sized would be 35" wide, so to fold the sides in, the slider needs to be no more than 17.5" wide. BTW, it is 29.5" deep with the U-shaped dinette.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #27

Trailer: 2005 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17
Send a message via Skype™ to mdnf
I think we'll have to wait and see how we like the standard one to see if it benefits us to change it. Thanks for the great info!
mdnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
I think we'll have to wait and see how we like the standard one to see if it benefits us to change it. Thanks for the great info!
mdnf,

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but then someone mentioned that I'd have two sets of holes in the floor from the standard table supports.

With that in mind, I decided to install the pedestal. Just thought you should know.

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM   #29

reordered from Llebroc got the black one i wanted and It just shipped out!
Old 03-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #30

Trailer: 2005 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17
Send a message via Skype™ to mdnf
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysd View Post
mdnf,

I was thinking of doing the same thing, but then someone mentioned that I'd have two sets of holes in the floor from the standard table supports.

With that in mind, I decided to install the pedestal. Just thought you should know.

Gary
Ah....something to ponder then. The decision process seems to be getting harder and not easier...lol!
mdnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:20 PM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysd View Post
mdnf,

Quote:
Ah....something to ponder then. The decision process seems to be getting harder and not easier...lol!
It's not a biggie, particularly if you have the stock vinyl floor. The larger centered pedestal covers up most of the original holes, and the few that are left are easily concealed with a dab of tan caulk on the vinyl.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:16 AM   #32

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
21 escape

With the 21 Escape It only covers a few old holes .If you are thinking of getting it tell ETI and ship them the Springfield 12 3/4 one Then no holes to cover up . This has been one of the BEST mods to do for sleeping grand-kids and making up bed after a game of monopoly or chess with Grandson .
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:40 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
With the 21 Escape It only covers a few old holes .If you are thinking of getting it tell ETI and ship them the Springfield 12 3/4 one Then no holes to cover up . This has been one of the BEST mods to do for sleeping grand-kids and making up bed after a game of monopoly or chess with Grandson .
Grand-kids are the reason we first considered the pedestal.

Good plan to check with ETI. We we went up to Chilliwack to finalize our build sheet at the end of December we brought our pedestal with us. Sarah had us take it back and said to bring it up at orientation since that's when they install the pedestal. That might have been due to the construction and moving everything around.

Gary
Old 04-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #34

Trailer: 5.0 TA 2017 Taj MaSmall
Just delivered

Thanks Gary...From LLebroc. $313 + tax/shipping ordered 3/20

Bobnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:57 PM   #35

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
holes in vinyl

I was wondering if anyone has a fix for the holes made from original plates for poles .Would putting a towel down with an Iron go back and forth then put in tan goop (silicone?)what ideas does anyone have ? Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:00 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
I was wondering if anyone has a fix for the holes made from original plates for poles .Would putting a towel down with an Iron go back and forth then put in tan goop (silicone?)what ideas does anyone have ? Jim
We wound up with 4 holes that the new larger base didn't cover. I just pushed the vinyl over the holes and added a dab of tan silicone to seal them. The screw holes from the original sockets are quite small and almost unnoticeable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobnjudy View Post
Thanks Gary...From LLebroc. $313 + tax/shipping ordered 3/20
I'm glad it worked for you! Another use we discovered this week, as we're working our way home from picking up our 21' , is being able to adjust the table height for various uses.

Gary
Old 04-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #38

Mine is sitting in my living room waiting for my trailer!