17 B Mods 2 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2017, 06:57 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I found when I was camping one Super Bowl weekend in W. Va where it got down to 5 at night, that right before dumping I ran warm water into both the black and grey tanks. We had heated water hookups and a heated water supply hose ($$) thus could fill with warm water. Dumping was successful.
Guess I don't understand how adding additional hot water to the bw tank would affect the temp of the slurry at the far end of a 3' pipe.

Was it a fun or tragic weekend for you?
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:44 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It was nice to watch in the camper to listen to the game. My point was adding warm water made the slurry easier to dump, that was my experience. We were using water all weekend but the trailer had been winterized previously and there was some antifreeze in the tanks. I routinely hook up the e-z winterizing to a gallon of antifreeze to use the toilet while camping without water so there was some slurry. This particular weekend there happened to be heated water at the cg, so we took advantage of it.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #23

Got it. Also considering a skirt with a heat source under it--simple.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #24

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
I have been bugging my mechanic to install a second gate valve just below the black tank such that the problematic area is EMPTY until you are ready to dump. This would diminish the already limited capacity of the black tank but it would help. Mechanic says there isn't enough space to install it there.
You may want to look at an early Escape 17B for inspiration, since those trailers had the black dump valve mounted that way. In this photo of a 2006 model the fiberglass area is washed out (overexposed) so it's hard to see any detail, but at least it shows the general configuration.

In this case the black valve output side connects directly to a combining Y facing outward, which is the final outlet; in the proposed configuration the valve output would connect to an elbow facing rearward, followed by the stock horizontal run and combining Y.
Attached Thumbnails
2006Escape17WasteValves.jpg  
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #25

Failure to stay organized in a small trailer can result in this sorry condition.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	216.1 KB
ID:	24802

Yes. Brian, that is what it would look like. Thanks for the photo.