19 Ft Escape Kitchen Drawer Dividers - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #1

19 Ft Escape Kitchen Drawer Dividers

Hey,

I have been trying to find a silverware divider that fits either in the drawer or on the edges like someone else here mentioned. Alas all my searches on the board are coming up zero as to where to get one Wally World Is bust mostly they have some slim piece together pieces but it would only fit two side by side.

Cypher
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
What my wife found was a plastic cutlery tray that nests perfect between the sides, with the flanges on it sitting on top of the drawer sides. This allows a full layer beneath it for more utensil storage. We are thinking of finding another for the second drawer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
Hey,

I have been trying to find a silverware divider that fits either in the drawer or on the edges like someone else here mentioned. Alas all my searches on the board are coming up zero as to where to get one Wally World Is bust mostly they have some slim piece together pieces but it would only fit two side by side.

Cypher
After seeing what Charley did for Donna's drawer, I contacted Charley to see if he could make me something for the silverware drawer. He doesn't have the mold for the 19 and it would cost a lot without enough orders . I understand . So I pulled my drawer out, removed the bottom slides and the drawer front , so I could run it on my tablesaw and remove a 1/4 in all around . I used what I had on hand except for 2 little containers that are 9 in wide . I need 11 1/4 in . Have been looking for 2 years and all silverware drawers are too small or too wide . So using Charley's and Donna's inspiration I ripped the plastic to 1+ in strips and installed on top of drawer . Now containers slide on top and straighten out drawers . Gives more storage that had 2+in wasted space . We have a oven so only have one drawer . Found out behind drawer there is at least 7 in more unused space . Hmmmm . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0804.jpg   IMG_0805.jpg   IMG_0806.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Most excellent mod Pat. Humm is right. I may need to learn how to make drawers, I'd love to gain 12-14" of more drawer space.... since I have two drawers!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Lee Valley Tools might have something that will help you.

Adjustable Drawer Inserts - Lee Valley Tools
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 11.18.24 AM.png  
Old 10-26-2016, 01:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Most excellent mod Pat. Humm is right. I may need to learn how to make drawers, I'd love to gain 12-14" of more drawer space.... since I have two drawers!
Thankyou for the kind words Donna Just a thought that extra 7 in behind our drawer is going to drive me nuts . Maybe get longer slides and just add to back of drawer leaving orignal drawer intact . That would also be a divider . I checked and there is plenty of room to pull out a 24 in drawer . In other words I would just make a little drawer at back and attach ,but you need the longer slide . Pat
Old 10-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Fortunately Rockler isn't far from me and they have everything to build drawers, just need to cut to size and glue. Buy the longer slides and reuse the drawer front too. But like everything I do, it's a "future" mod!

Why is it I always hear about these great things in the fall (rainy season) and not in the spring when I can work outside with sawdust flying?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:52 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
..... So using Charley's and Donna's inspiration I ripped the plastic to 1+ in strips and installed on top of drawer ................... Hmmmm . Pat

Thanks, Pat, for a wonderful idea. It is now officially project #27˝, after I clean the workbench enough to do it right.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Fortunately Rockler isn't far from me and they have everything to build drawers, just need to cut to size and glue. Buy the longer slides and reuse the drawer front too. But like everything I do, it's a "future" mod!

Why is it I always hear about these great things in the fall (rainy season) and not in the spring when I can work outside with sawdust flying?
That would work for making some drawers but I wanted a double decker to use wasted 2+ space , like what Charley did for you . Pat
Old 10-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post

Thanks, Pat, for a wonderful idea. It is now officially project #27˝, after I clean the workbench enough to do it right.
Hey Don who doesn't have a messy workbench ? Can't even find mine and I always end up using the tablesaw so that's what gets cleaned so I can use it . Just not enough time in the day . Pat
Old 10-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Fortunately [URL="http://www.rockler.com/"]...
That's why we live in sunny So.Calif.!!
Oh, wait: the forecast is for heavy rain, whatever that is, tomorrow night through Saturday. Oh well, I've got a big shop vac, I can run the saw just inside the garage door, then vac the mess.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote