2 burner vs 3 burner - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #1

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
2 burner vs 3 burner

Can someone post a picture of the 3 burner stove top, without oven, with the cover open please? I found a good image of the 2 burner. Want to compare the 2.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/at...p;d=1361588208

On a side note, has anyone asked about a double sink as an option?
Old 01-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Here is a one from Rick's 21 build pics he just posted.
Attached Images

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #3

Thanks Dave, I did find a 3 burner image on the Escape web page for the 5.0, not much difference in size other then some front to back. Suppose if you had it shifted 90 degrees it would help in the smaller trailers. The 2 looks fine for our needs.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have three burner and I don't recall ever using more than two. 95 per cent of the time, when using the inside stove, we've used one burner.
Outside, I have two one-burner butane stoves and a BBQ.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I have three burner and I don't recall ever using more than two. 95 per cent of the time, when using the inside stove, we've used one burner.
Outside, I have two one-burner butane stoves and a BBQ.
With all those various burners you could cook for us all!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #6

Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21RB/ 73Boler/Trillium 5500
It looks like their would room for a double sink in a 21ft.
Chuck
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #7

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
We have the three burner stove and use all three often enough that we are glad we opted for it. The two smaller burners are excellent for heating a griddle while the larger burner can heat a pot of water or cook the toast.

It all depends on how you like to cook. A lot of people like to cook outside - not us!

The one option we didn't get, given that we like indoor cooking, was the oven. We bought a lovely little convection toaster oven that is awesome. When we have our screen room set up (almost all the time) and are hooked up to power, it is the one appliance I don't mind using "outdoors" because there isn't really room for it inside if we're going to use the stove as well.

Works well for us
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:41 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
We are opting for a 3 burner as it will allow us to use larger pans because the distance between the large rear burner and the small front burner is greater than the distance between the two burners on the standard two burner unit.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:04 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We have a three burner stove, but would go for a two burner if we were to do it again. We have never used three burners at one time. It is mostly one, and sometimes two.

We use our BBQ and outdoor stove a lot. Unless the weather is extremely poor, I just love to sit outside while cooking, of which I do the lions share while camping. This is likely why the inside burners get less use.

But, as you can tell from reading through this site, there are many a different way of cooking for everyone. You pretty much have to define what your own style of camping is.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #10

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
We opted for the three burner because we thought we would use all three. So far, because we only travel/camp in spring and summer, we have only used one burner and that was for boiling water. All our cooking takes place outside. I'm not too sure I would want the smell of cooked food in our trailer.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
It looks like their would room for a double sink in a 21ft.
Chuck
I talked to Tammy about that at Bandon. She said she thought it was better to have more counter space. There's always trade offs - we personally love the extra counter space.

Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
I talked to Tammy about that at Bandon. She said she thought it was better to have more counter space. There's always trade offs - we personally love the extra counter space.

Kathie
Good point, any idea on the size of the single?
Old 01-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #13

Not just counter space to consider. Double sink and plumbing also takes up space under the counter, reducing storage.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Add us to the group who have three burners but have rarely used more than one, two at the most. On the other hand, we sometimes use a griddle inside to make bacon and pancakes, and it is nice to have two burners for that. We try to cook outside, but when it is raining or cold outside, it is nice to be able to turn on the maxi-fan and stay dry.

We don't cook fish in the trailer, but have made lots of other things and so far we haven't had a problem with odors. Of course one of the things that disappears with age is a sense of smell. :-)

Contrary to what some others have reported in other threads, we do use our microwave a lot, especially for making hot water in the morning. I can do without a lot of things, but not a good cup of tea when I wake up.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #15

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
We have our new 21 at home, but haven't used it enough to pass judgement on the sink yet. We rejected the double sink idea because of the plumbing below taking up so much room along with loosing counter space, but we are still considering a larger single sink. We'll decide after living with it for a while.
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Contrary to what some others have reported in other threads, we do use our microwave a lot, especially for making hot water in the morning. I can do without a lot of things, but not a good cup of tea when I wake up.
There is this ancient old world secret for making hot water... you can use fire.

Just kidding of course, but even at home I have never even considered the microwave for heating water, 99% of its use is for leftovers, something we always plan for at home, but try to avoid while camping. This alone kinda speaks to the many different ways of cooking while camping.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #17

Speaking of cooking, if there is freezing rain and flurries in San Antonio, how's the weather treating you?
We only went to the Maya once. Mexico declared an emergency in the west because of the cold and it was warmer in Vancouver, BC at times. Came home and booked a week in Dominican Republic.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #18

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
The only time we used three burners during our two Escape seasons was to quickly heat the interior on a cold evening or morning (temporarily of course). I'd choose two burners and take the extra counter space.
soultrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Speaking of cooking, if there is freezing rain and flurries in San Antonio, how's the weather treating you?
We only went to the Maya once. Mexico declared an emergency in the west because of the cold and it was warmer in Vancouver, BC at times. Came home and booked a week in Dominican Republic.
It has been great here, highs in the mid to upper 20s, and lows in the high teens. Just a wee bit of rain yesterday. This is my 4th trip to the area, and we have always had pretty good weather, even when it has rained, it was fairly short and warm.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Jim,

I appreciate the humor! In our 17, I can't start the stove until Lindy (aka Sleeping Beauty) awakes, which is usually 30-60 minutes after I am up. But using the microwave doesn't disturb her. So I heat a cup of water, throw a tea bag in and take Murphy-the-dog for a walk. I don't blame Lindy for sleeping in. If I had to deal with me before the tea, I would sleep in too.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote