2 Way slider for table - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
2 Way slider for table

I had ETI install the Springfield pedestal for the table top in our Escape 19. We also have the U-shaped dinette. The table slides side to side only. As it is a bit tight to squeeze in, I was looking for a way to also slide the top back, as well as side to side.

I removed the top from the Springfield and bought two 12" full extension slides. I outlined the Springfield base on the plywood so I would know where to mount the slides. I mounted the slides near the edge and made sure they were parallel.

I then made a cardboard template of several of the slide mounting holes. This I taped to the aluminum base plate and drilled and tapped several holes.
I mounted the slide frames to the base and inserted the top into the slides. These slides have a detent when fully closed so the top doesn't move back and forth when pulled forward. At this point, the top is just like it came from the factory.

However, with a little push, you can now slide the top back 12". When extended like this, it does have a bit of up and down play, but it is level and will hold weight. It still slides side to side at any position.

We will try this out at the Mississippi River rally and see how we like it.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1289.jpg   DSCN1290.jpg   DSCN1293.jpg  
Old 09-27-2018, 12:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
I like your fabric. Cheery!

Do you find the U in a 19 to be cramped?
Old 09-28-2018, 12:27 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5 TA
We just pulled off the table top, rotated the slider mechanisms 90 degrees, and screwed it back on. It is so much easier for 2 of us to use now that the table slides forward and aft.
KatrinaOstby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:24 AM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I tried a set of 12" full extensions like you did, I found the table sagged when at full extension, do you see the same? if not, what brand and weight of slides are they?
Old 09-28-2018, 12:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
my table rotates (Springfield) so my two way slider can slide in any direction.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #6

Trailer: 2019 19’ Reversed Floor Plan
Would like to know if your Table is the Factory Full Size, or a smaller Custom Table. Just completed a 19’ Reverse Floorplan Build with u-shaped dinette in back. Custom Table is 21” deep X 30” wide with Springfield Pedestal base. Have not installed Springfield base, or picked up our 19’ yet ~
Thanks~
RB Donath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 04:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB Donath View Post
Would like to know if your Table is the Factory Full Size, or a smaller Custom Table. Just completed a 19’ Reverse Floorplan Build with u-shaped dinette in back. Custom Table is 21” deep X 30” wide with Springfield Pedestal base. Have not installed Springfield base, or picked up our 19’ yet ~
Thanks~
Our table is factory standard. It is 30.5" wide by 25" deep. I imagine the table might be a different size on a reverse floor plan.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #8

We like the u-shaped dinette on the 19". It is not too cramped for two of us. However, the seat along the front wall is a shorter (18") than the sides (23") and not as comfortable. You can lean into the corner and extend you feet along the front seat.

When extended the slides do sag just a bit and have some play. So far it is not annoying and we like the extension. It may get looser over time. I do not know the brand, but I bought them at Menard's.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:36 PM   #9
msm

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19'
We would be interested in something similar to what your project looks like. Are interested in installing a hydraulic post or something to ease raising and lowering our dinette table in our 2013 19' trailer. Don't know the best way of accomplishing that and/or what would be needed for installation. Your table looks interesting as do the sliders. Whatever info you are willing to share would be helpful. Thanks!
msm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:28 AM   #10

We bought the Springfield pedestal and took it to Chilliwack to be installed. However, they did not install it until orientation so we could have brought it at that time.

We ordered the pedestal here: Springfield 3 Stage Table Pedestal It is just screwed to the floor but be careful you don't use screws too long. There is a possibly a tank under your floor board.

The plate at the top of the Springfield has slots at each corner so it would be easy to bolt the slides to the top. Just be sure they are parallel. Then, measure the distance center to center and mounted the moveable slide to the underside of the plywood holding the table top.