A few modifications to my 19 - Page 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2015, 09:43 PM   #321

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Great Scott! You had me for a minute there ...went back to the past and found I actually did post a picture, at #256. Not to worry, any excuse for picture postings' a good one, so here you go...

PS when I do run out of mods, Jim, it will for sure be a kick in the butt black day.
Myron now that I see your beautiful table again . Hope you don't mind .. I wanted to change my table too . .so I want to borrow your idea , different colors but same idea , make a new table and get all the paint cans out , I have a lot of blues , etc. , let the paint go where she goes. Hope you don't have a copyright . You have very creative mods . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:14 PM   #322

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Thanks, Pat. Get yourself a lambs wool pad, probably in Home Depot paint dept, wrap around a piece of 2x4, and dab away. That was my secret and I'm sticking to it.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:15 PM   #323

Quote:
Thanks, Pat. Get yourself a lambs wool pad, probably in Home Depot paint dept, wrap around a piece of 2x4, and dab away. That was my secret and I'm sticking to it.
Thanks Myron ! Pat
Old 10-21-2015, 11:17 PM   #324

Thanks, Pat. Get yourself a lambs wool pad, wrap it around a 2x4, and dab away. Oh I did also use a few of Jackson Pollock's moves.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #325

Decided our one over-the-bed reading light needed an upgrading to two.

Was a tad more than I wanted to pay, ($37) but was very pleased to find these attractive, well built, matching LED’s on eBay. I first took down the factory installed center lamp under the cabinet and ran 2 wires from it to each corner. I wasn’t going to run my wires up into the cabinet space. Unscrewed the window valance and unsnapped the rollup shade. Wires could be hidden behind them. The two reading lamps also needed a wood base for threading wires. Fortunately there is plenty support framing up behind the thin oak plywood for firmly attached wood screws.

The most difficult aspect of this job turned out to be the instability of having to do it while bouncing away on the mattress.
Attached Thumbnails
Cap1.jpg   Cap2.jpg   Cap3.jpg  
Old 01-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #326

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
nice job, Myron....I know working on the bed in a 19' is not the best situation. Neither is working underneath it pleasant.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #327

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Looks good, Myron. I like the lights.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:46 PM   #328

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
nice job, Myron....I know working on the bed in a 19' is not the best situation. Neither is working underneath it pleasant.
Both of you can quit your whining, neither of you have spent the last couple of days packing wheel bearings etc. in zero degree weather.

Good job Myron, much better for reading. Must do the same one of these days. Looks like they're a warm white?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 08:56 PM   #329

Repacking wheel bearings Zero weather? Oh my achin' back, times four. Much prefer spending my time in the prone, under my nice warm LED lamp.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #330

Quote:
Decided our one over-the-bed reading light needed an upgrading to two.

Was a tad more than I wanted to pay, ($37) but was very pleased to find these attractive, well built, matching LED’s on eBay. I first took down the factory installed center lamp under the cabinet and ran 2 wires from it to each corner. I wasn’t going to run my wires up into the cabinet space. Unscrewed the window valance and unsnapped the rollup shade. Wires could be hidden behind them. The two reading lamps also needed a wood base for threading wires. Fortunately there is plenty support framing up behind the thin oak plywood for firmly attached wood screws.

The most difficult aspect of this job turned out to be the instability of having to do it while bouncing away on the mattress.
Very nice Myron . You do nice mods .Update- I did watch the movie as I said I would do about ,Jackson Pollack . I just haven't gotten my piece of wood yet .Didn't have a big enough piece on hand . I did cut my table down for right now . See if I like that size better . It still makes a bed just cut the front down . It makes the trailer look much bigger and is easier to get in drivers side . I still want to make mine own table (Myron 's (Jackson Pollack ) table . It will happen doing other projects right now . Pat
Old 01-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #331

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Nice work.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:48 PM   #332

Thanks, Sandra.

New bathroom towel rack. Made with shop scraps and $2.69 WalMart coat hook.
Attached Thumbnails
towlRak.jpg  
Old 02-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #333

When(we think it was) a bobcat clawed his way up onto my spare tire one night when camped in Globe, AZ last year he ripped up my tire cover pretty good. Never got around to replacing the cover, maybe because I kind of liked the look of that bare tire. That was until yesterday, when I remembered them baby moons I held onto after selling the Scamp. They won’t work on an Escape wheel, so how to attach one? We shall see if it stays put next road trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Moonhub1.jpg   Moonhub3.jpg  
Old 02-08-2016, 12:57 PM   #334

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Necessity, the mother of invention...
Old 02-08-2016, 04:45 PM   #335

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Can't find a pic of it right now but saw someone had made a round fire grate that would fit over their spare tire for storage and travel. Stylish and functional.
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:29 PM   #336

It has long been clear to me the street side rear corner of the bed has big problems. During late into the night necessaries, not only does he who must sleep there have to climb over she who does not (a task never taken lightly,) but when the lights go out, the corner person also has no storage place for reading glasses, books, schooners, remotes, etc., to rest.

Half the problem is now solved.

Toughest part was finding a way to employ my traditional approach ... make it reversible, do no harm to the trailer. The shelf thing is held in place with two screws, one up into the cabinet, and one through a drilled hole in the bottom window frame corner spool bracket. The wood is cedar left over from some other abandoned project. The painted backing is 1/8” hardboard.
Attached Thumbnails
CornSv1.jpg  
Old 02-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #337

Quote:
It has long been clear to me the street side rear corner of the bed has big problems. During late into the night necessaries, not only does he who must sleep there have to climb over she who does not (a task never taken lightly,) but when the lights go out, the corner person also has no storage place for reading glasses, books, schooners, remotes, etc., to rest.

Half the problem is now solved.

Toughest part was finding a way to employ my traditional approach ... make it reversible, do no harm to the trailer. The shelf thing is held in place with two screws, one up into the cabinet, and one through a drilled hole in the bottom window frame corner spool bracket. The wood is cedar left over from some other abandoned project. The painted backing is 1/8” hardboard.
Myron you have outdone yourself again ! You are so right about a problem with the outside corner needing something for who ever gets to sleep there . I made a little cubby and attached under cabinet at feet . But you went to the tenth degree ! Very nice ! Pat
Old 02-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #338
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Myron you have outdone yourself again ! You are so right about a problem with the outside corner needing something for who ever gets to sleep there . I made a little cubby and attached under cabinet at feet . But you went to the tenth degree ! Very nice ! Pat
Could paint one of these brown with Krylon Fusion spray paint... bottom is 10x7, 3 inches high. Made of vacuum formed ABS plastic, tape or screw mount.
Attached Images

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 08:25 PM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Could paint one of these brown with Krylon Fusion spray paint... bottom is 10x7, 3 inches high. Made of vacuum formed ABS plastic, tape or screw mount.
I know Charlie but I wanted wood . I do like what you made for my slide though . Here are a few pics of latest changes . I also removed the little shelf Escape made and made a a larger one . I do have the formica material but I like the wood . I ordered those Z clips and want to make a extension in front of the sink for more counter . Don't tell Myron but may steal his mod. Shh ! Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0579.jpg   IMG_0580.jpg   IMG_0581.jpg  
Old 02-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #340

The one thing about mine I didn't account for is the slight pitch of the back wall means the two 3" deep shelves are pitched down. Might be a problem for any liquids not in a can. I might decide to steal from you, Pat, and add a third shelf at the top end that extends across the corner over to the reading light.