A few modifications to my 19 - Page 18 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #341

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
The one thing about mine I didn't account for is the slight pitch of the back wall means the two 3" deep shelves are pitched down. Might be a problem for any liquids not in a can. I might decide to steal from you, Pat, and add a third shelf at the top end that extends across the corner over to the reading light.
I know Myron if you look at the kitchen shelf because of the curve of wall , I had to make a metal bracket attached to window to keep it up . You can steal from me anytime .Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:30 PM   #342

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Here you go, Pat. Corner shelves upgraded to 3ea. The shortened right side vertical piece becomes support for the new, painted shelf, and simultaneously gets to look a little less dumb-bellishly planned.
Attached Thumbnails
cornSv2.jpg  
Old 02-28-2016, 07:56 PM   #343

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Myron, that picture is upside down. It makes me dizzy trying to see it on my IPad.
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:40 PM   #344

Quote:
Here you go, Pat. Corner shelves upgraded to 3ea. The shortened right side vertical piece becomes support for the new, painted shelf, and simultaneously gets to look a little less dumb-bellishly planned.
Nice work Myron ! I need to make something for other end too. That should solve where to put things for whoever gets that side for your trailer . Turquoise is my favorite color too. We have the same graphics on trailer . I use to have a 1963 f-100 Ford truck that had "CaribbeanTurquoise " was the color outside and inside . My kids were embarrassed to be seen in it . But I loved it . Pat
Old 02-28-2016, 11:41 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
Myron, that picture is upside down. It makes me dizzy trying to see it on my IPad.
Myron is a artist ! Pat
Old 02-29-2016, 07:00 AM   #346
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryandLiz View Post
You need to turn your iPad upside down since the picture is right side up.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:36 PM   #347

Dizzy is as dizzy does. In that spirit and also because this thread has become a monster of postings dizzy and otherwise, it is time to summarize my most useful mods.

I spend a lot of my time resting. The mods for there are therefore my favorites.
Attached Thumbnails
Bedarea1.jpg  
Old 02-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #348

Quote:
Dizzy is as dizzy does. In that spirit and also because this thread has become a monster of postings dizzy and otherwise, it is time to summarize my most useful mods.

I spend a lot of my time resting. The mods for there are therefore my favorites.
Myron that is a really good picture of you showing your mods . I remember the magazine rack , etc too . But showing everything together puts everything in better view .I like . Pat
Old 02-29-2016, 05:33 PM   #349

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Looks great!!!
Old 04-13-2016, 03:02 PM   #350

I liked Jon’s addition to his refrigerator door so much I had to go do the same thing to mine. Emailed my image file to the same folks, PosterBrain, Jon used.

They did a great job, my 20x30” poster arrived in just a few days. It then became apparent I should have added lamination to my order, to best protect it from wear from my door strap, splashes, food-fights, etc.

What to do? Staples does lamination. I got it done there for under 5 bucks but... it is only 3 mil thick. The stiffest they laminated, 10 mil, was to legal size. I got my poster laminated there anyway. It was clear the poster was not stiff enough to stand up in the door. Should I glue the poster to some really thin board?

My solution was buy a cover sheet of Plexiglas, even though at 1/16th of an inch it was really much too thick for the fridge door track. I made it work, by filing and using a Dremel sander. If you’re thinking about it, I do not advise going this route.

Thickness is key. The black fridge trim pops off with a gentle screwdriver but if your insert is too thick will make you pay, fight you tooth and nail.
Attached Thumbnails
fridgedoor1.jpg  
Old 04-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #351

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
After all that it's nice that it looks good. Duly noted, get poster laminated.

Just noticed that you don't have the optional drawer under the closet. That drawer is so handy to have. Since you're a handy guy and always doing projects.......

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:18 PM   #352

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Wow, Myron, that frig door looks pretty darn cool! How the heck did you decide on that one image? I'm sure you had tons to choose from.

I've bookmarked that page so I can refer to it later. As well as the company you got it from. Dang - more ideas rolling around in my head. Now to just get our trailer so I can start using it and figuring out what all to do with it.

Thanks for sharing.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 03:28 PM   #353

It's the North rim of the Grand Canyon. Choosing an image was a little like choosing a favorite beer. Decided on soft, pastellish colors first, and an image that would offset the somewhat claustrophobic feeling all that close interior oak paneling does to me.

Sounds like a good justification for a trip to the tools store for one of them little vibration cutting power tools, Ron.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #354

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Very nice poster!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:51 AM   #355

Quote:
I liked Jon’s addition to his refrigerator door so much I had to go do the same thing to mine. Emailed my image file to the same folks, PosterBrain, Jon used.

They did a great job, my 20x30” poster arrived in just a few days. It then became apparent I should have added lamination to my order, to best protect it from wear from my door strap, splashes, food-fights, etc.

What to do? Staples does lamination. I got it done there for under 5 bucks but... it is only 3 mil thick. The stiffest they laminated, 10 mil, was to legal size. I got my poster laminated there anyway. It was clear the poster was not stiff enough to stand up in the door. Should I glue the poster to some really thin board?

My solution was buy a cover sheet of Plexiglas, even though at 1/16th of an inch it was really much too thick for the fridge door track. I made it work, by filing and using a Dremel sander. If you’re thinking about it, I do not advise going this route.

Thickness is key. The black fridge trim pops off with a gentle screwdriver but if your insert is too thick will make you pay, fight you tooth and nail.
Ok Myron you got me . Going to steal yours and Jon's idea . Just need to pick a picture . I had to paint my door black because the silver got scratched accidentally . Pat
Old 04-14-2016, 01:18 AM   #356

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Sounds like a good justification for a trip to the tools store for one of them little vibration cutting power tools, Ron.
Guys need a reason to go out and buy tools?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #357

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Looks good! The lamination on mine was very thin, but makes it easier to clean & prevents scratches. I used spray adhesive to attach mine to 1/8" Foamcore. I don't know if that will be too thick to fit your door - it was tough getting it into the slots on the 5 cu ft fridge.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #358

Hmm, so the poster guys' lamination wasn't at least 10 mil? Was wondering about that. Excepting the fact that foamcore is flexible and easy to shave I'm certain it would not fit in my fridge track. 1/16th was hard enough.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:06 AM   #359

Quote:
Hmm, so the poster guys' lamination wasn't at least 10 mil? Was wondering about that. Excepting the fact that foamcore is flexible and easy to shave I'm certain it would not fit in my fridge track. 1/16th was hard enough.
Myron definely won't go in track . Before I painted plastic door front , I was going to put the same Formica from counters on door . The black frame couldn't hold the Formica . Frame is not very robust at all . Can't even use foam board . I guess will give them a call about their lamination before I decide to go that route . But I definely like the idea of putting picture on door front . Pat
Old 04-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #360

I did consider gluing my poster to the (back) of the original thin gray metal sheet. Didn't do it and opted instead for the Plexiglas just because I thought the 3 mil lamination wasn't robust enough protection and, was nervous about air pockets and ruining the print. You're right about the very flimsy side trim. I broke one of the tabs. Good news is Weldon #16 solvent cement for joining Acrylic seems compatible with the plastic. But was also able to switch the trim so the bad one wasn't on the door opening side.

Also considered drilling holes for an anchor screw to keep the trim in place. If it turns out the trim won't stay attached I may yet need to do that. Come to think of it, if they could laminate at 10 mil the poster might be too stiff to roll into a tube for shipment.