A few modifications to my 19 - Page 22 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #421

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
who are you going to call....Ghostbusters.....
Old 09-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #422

Trailer: none
Myron - Are you on Central New Mexico Coop power? If so, that might be the culprit. There are often power 'anomalies' on that system and perhaps your new surge protector is so sensitive that it is tripping on those. We are on CNM and see lots of power issues (we run our home PC through a UPS). Wonder if there is a way for you to detect those and see if they coincide with your 'anomalies'?
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #423

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
That's a good enough guess as any, Fran (or Dave). Oddest thing was after I re-attached the black wire lead out to the WFCO the thing popped and clicked loudly and all became good.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #424

I have also found my captains lights and a shelf at bedside to be very welcome additions. Nice work.

Got my seven dollar (satellite) signal finder - seems to be good to go with the King Jack. 46 channels in the back yard today.
Attached Thumbnails
TV-3.gif  
Old 02-25-2017, 06:45 PM   #425

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I have also found my captains lights and a shelf at bedside to be very welcome additions. Nice work.

Got my seven dollar (satellite) signal finder - seems to be good to go with the King Jack. 46 channels in the back yard today.
Hey Myron if you were talking to me , Thankyou . You still have me beat with your box in front and your cool dinette table . You are very creative and you think outside of the box . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #426

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:

So you rotated the antenna and the needle went higher or lower. Did you get strong readings 180* from each other?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:55 AM   #427

Yes, Pat, and you're very welcome.

Ron: With the seven dollar finder attached outside as seen in the pix the meter needle screetched and whipped to far right. Detected really strong signal. Manually rotating the antenna mast away would turn the needle back to zero. A knob for fine tuning really had no effect, guessing because of relative close proximity to the transmitters on Sandia Mountain just 20-25 miles away.

Once strong signal easily established I unscrewed the meter because it seemed redundantly busy, - connected the cables together. Clearly, at my house, using a meter not needed. This antenna has a wide berth. TV reception outstanding.

Was a windy day. Green cord will be used as guy wires. Next, need to add some screws to prevent telescoping PVC masts from turning the antenna in a wind.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:12 PM   #428

Quote:
Manually rotating the antenna mast away would turn the needle back to zero..

Was a windy day. Green cord will be used as guy wires. Next, need to add some screws to prevent telescoping PVC masts from turning the antenna in a wind.
Well if it drops back down to zero when rotated that's useful. So if there were other stations in another direction it would probably find them.

I like to avoid using things like screws that might need a tool to use. I use small diameter hitch pins. Just stick them in the hole, no tools required.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0020_resize.JPG  
Old 02-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #429

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I get most of my items from http://www.superbrightleds.com

Any coupon codes? I am getting ready to order some MR16 warm lights.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:17 PM   #430

With Spring here after a wet winter I began thinking about creepy invaders from the underground seeking homes in the trailer. Prisoners could crawl through air ducts, so arachnoids and wasps could do it too. My hot water vents need a security update.

They sell really nice screens for this. Was about to buy, then opened the vent flap and did a closer inspection. Guess what: I found with a screwdriver and mild persuasion that grid snaps right out. Had leftover nylon screening, strong thread and a big needle. I actually enjoyed the sewing.

Settled for Duct tape over the smaller vent.
Attached Thumbnails
bug2.jpg   bug1a.jpg  
Old 04-08-2017, 05:46 PM   #431

Myron,
You may want to use metal screening, not nylon, as this part of the water heater gets hot..
Old 04-08-2017, 05:54 PM   #432

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Really Hot
Old 04-08-2017, 05:54 PM   #433

I wondered about that. The gamble is is there enough air space to keep hot venting at the screen below the melt-line?
Old 04-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #434

If it melts then you will have a mess or it can ignite also.....
Old 04-08-2017, 06:41 PM   #435

Yo... now that would be some hot exhaust. Time for a field test.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #436

Field test results are in. It didn't take long to agree the nylon screening is a bad idea. Replaced it with some leftover metal lathe screen for patching plaster holes.
Attached Thumbnails
hot2.jpg   hot3.jpg  
Old 05-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #437

I want a small digital clock that’s readable in the dark. It would be more convenient for me than grabbing my readers and a flashlight aimed at my wristwatch.

Attached to the thermostat wall I had stuck on, using HD double-side tape, an Acu-Rite remote display. It serves the fridge. My existing furnace thermostat control, a White Rogers digital, could use a location change. Nothing wrong with it. A few inches lower would be nicer.

Decided these appliances could be moved, attached in a column on the same wall. I could then add my small digital clock, if I had one, to the column. I made a plaque with a ½ thick scrap of cedar. It will screw into the wall using the same holes there for the thermostat controls.

Next, I removed the Acu-Rite. This a big, big mistake. Did not respect the holding power of that tape and when the Acu-Rite peeled off, so did the paper oak of the paneling. Pure ugly! Lesson sorely learned: use this tape on the paneling and you could regret it.

Run to Wal-Mart, then a Google search, turns up nada. Was hoping to find some matching oak contact paper to patch over the damage but no luck. No, I was not about to call Reese. I have done some faux painting years ago and when it comes to mixing colors am fearless, so I reached into the bottom shelf of the closet for a few tubes of acrylics. Not perfect, but I’ll take it.

Now, my biggest problem is finding a nice little battery operated digital clock I can attach above the thermostat. So far, again, Nada! The plaque is 3¾ inches wide. Everything on EBay seems to be an alarm clock, or too big, too thick, or doesn’t LED in the dark, or must plug into an AC outlet.

What to do? Anyone have a source?
Attached Thumbnails
oakwall.jpg   oakwall1.jpg  
Old 05-03-2017, 09:39 PM   #438

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
I want a small digital clock that’s readable in the dark. It would be more convenient for me than grabbing my readers and a flashlight aimed at my wristwatch.

Attached to the thermostat wall I had stuck on, using HD double-side tape, an Acu-Rite remote display. It serves the fridge. My existing furnace thermostat control, a White Rogers digital, could use a location change. Nothing wrong with it. A few inches lower would be nicer.

Decided these appliances could be moved, attached in a column on the same wall. I could then add my small digital clock, if I had one, to the column. I made a plaque with a ½ thick scrap of cedar. It will screw into the wall using the same holes there for the thermostat controls.

Next, I removed the Acu-Rite. This a big, big mistake. Did not respect the holding power of that tape and when the Acu-Rite peeled off, so did the paper oak of the paneling. Pure ugly! Lesson sorely learned: use this tape on the paneling and you could regret it.

Run to Wal-Mart, then a Google search, turns up nada. Was hoping to find some matching oak contact paper to patch over the damage but no luck. No, I was not about to call Reese. I have done some faux painting years ago and when it comes to mixing colors am fearless, so I reached into the bottom shelf of the closet for a few tubes of acrylics. Not perfect, but I’ll take it.

Now, my biggest problem is finding a nice little battery operated digital clock I can attach above the thermostat. So far, again, Nada! The plaque is 3¾ inches wide. Everything on EBay seems to be an alarm clock, or too big, too thick, or doesn’t LED in the dark, or must plug into an AC outlet.

What to do? Anyone have a source?
Myron not too shabby . Have the same White Rogers furnace thermostat . Yup moved ours down . Added a piece of oak with a channel cut in wood for the wires . Like it down farther much better . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:47 PM   #439

Roger that. Why don't they make a thermostat with a really bright or bigger display?
Old 05-03-2017, 10:03 PM   #440

I'm impressed , not a lot of folks could do that.

I'd be happy to find a similar clock also. I have a small one that I leave on the counter by the stove but it's not illuminated.

Still, the White Rogers digital thermostat is a huge improvement over that horrid one that came with the trailer.

Ron