A few modifications to my 19 - Page 43 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2016, 04:59 PM   #421

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Want a door over my water connections as I always have had .
Me too. Good solution.

My Scamp had a water filler that looked like a tiny urinal. I always hoped some bored kid in a campground wouldn't think the same thing.

So when we did our initial visit to ETI I was happy to see that they had a locking water filler cover. During orientation, when heading towards that area and water filler was mentioned, I said how happy I was that they had a locking cover. Imagine my surprise when I found that they no longer provided them. The reason given was that they couldn't buy them anymore.

Ron

Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:04 PM   #422

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Pat,
In your picture, where are the 2 latches on the backside of the panel?
If you mean the rock guard, they're in the photo.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:16 PM   #423

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
And I am watching your progress with the King Jack. Meanwhile, my propane quick connect I added at the tank regulator lost its tethered rubber cap. They are impossible to find. When I couldn't even find a lone brass male propane fitting I could use as a plug after plugging it with fiberglass, I settled on this.
Clever!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:21 PM   #424

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I like it Pat. Over time the "wrinkling" on the rock guard seems to get worse. Might just have to try that.
Hi Robert you will really like this improvement . It is really hot here and when I opened up the trailer it seemed to be a little cooler considering the sun is beating down right there on the front . And you are right the wrinkling was getting worst . I can't remember what you call these panels but if you need me to I can go take a picture of a panel I still have not used . They are very often used on green houses . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:26 PM   #425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Me too. Good solution.

My Scamp had a water filler that looked like a tiny urinal. I always hoped some bored kid in a campground wouldn't think the same thing.

So when we did our initial visit to ETI I was happy to see that they had a locking water filler cover. During orientation, when heading towards that area and water filler was mentioned, I said how happy I was that they had a locking cover. Imagine my surprise when I found that they no longer provided them. The reason given was that they couldn't buy them anymore.

Ron
Same for us Ron . And just in case as you said also my reasoning was disappointed not having the little door however you can purchase the locking system all over the place . Camping World , RV stores , Amazon . May help to stop a prank or losing your cap or a better brass connection for your hose to connect too . Pat
Old 08-14-2016, 05:32 PM   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
If you mean the rock guard, they're in the photo.
Pat
Old 09-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #427

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Back at my post #384 when gluing in place with Boots and Gloves I had a real hard time forcing the power cord's rubber shield into the plug. Must have crimped a wire inside the molded plug. The last couple days the plug kept tripping off my garage GFI. Problem solved - replaced the 30 amp male factory plug.

Ace didn't have it. Had to fit inside the port. Found out wasn't so easy finding the right 30 amp plug. Still required some shaving and trimming before I could snap that lid shut.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug01.jpg (75.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 09-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #428

Trailer: 2015 17A picked up and ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The issue I found using the plug in models is that they only plug in one way and some power pedestals are too low to allow this.
Think maybe you could make up a short "pigtail" that would plug into the power bush and then plug in the portable surge protector into that.

(Sorry if this comment is out of order ... thread is from page 40, post #393. I was exploring previous posts.)

Tom
Old 09-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #429
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Adding 30 amp pigtails will cost you $$, may as well get the built in. Plus something else needed to carry. The built in model simplifies things.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:53 AM   #430

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
An anomaly. A deviation, a glitch, queer blip in the life electronic. What else could it be? In last post I thought I fixed the mysterious short that seemed to me had origins in the trailer shore power line plug. Turns out not to be. After my last post the tripping of the GFI resumed.

What? Yesterday I began a re-investigation, working backward from the replaced plug, re-checking everything I could think of. The heavy duty line needed closer inspection. There were abrasions but no break-throughs at the spots where it got caught when I got too close and wrapped it violently around my walk-behind string trimmer. Was the cord loose somewhere under the bed? No.

Clearly the issue must involve the surge protector because itís the only electric thing thatís new.

Next step Ė under dinette seat. Disconnect the line there from its entrance into the Progressive Industries surge protector. Unscrewed black lid, pulled Romex away from screws on both sides that sent power through and out the unit. Looked closely for abnormal signs. Touching connections, burns, dust on capacitors? None.

Used alligator clips/wires to bypass the surge protector. Everything then worked. No shorts, all fuses good. Battery charger madly whirring away. What to do now? Return the surge protector as defective?

With a clear path to a solution yet to be determined I chose in the meantime to reattach all four power wires to their original connections. Maybe the thing would spark, or blow up, then Iíd feel better about returning it to the manufacturer. It clicked, the black wire sparked, the little red light bulb came on, and suddenly everything worked! Itís alive, alive!

I have no clue. Anomaly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shorecord2.jpg (109.2 KB, 18 views)