A few questions on Escape 19' trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #1

Trailer: none
A few questions on Escape 19' trailer

I am considering buying a trailer and I have a few questions:

1) Can the "wood" be chosen or replaced with something different than the standard "oak" look? I assume that it is not real wood and it would be hard to properly paint.

2) Can it be delivered with (or easily converted to) a composting toilet and avoid the black water tank (use it for grey)?

3) What is the maximum amount of solar power that can be installed on the roof, and how many batteries can it easily hold?

I have done some searching but have not been able to find much about these 3 points.

Thanks.

Mik
mik63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Welcome, Mik. You can't go wrong buying and Escape Trailer.

The doors and drawer fronts are real wood, the panelling not. It has been ordered without doors, and the customer custom built those. No options though.

You could likely order it with no toilet and black tank, but there is a raised part in the bathroom where part of the black tank slides under the toilet.

I imagine the amount of solar would be dependant upon which model, and the available roof area. Dual batteries are common, but you could add more yourself if so inclined. Usually one either bulks up the amount of collection or storage, but not both. Dependant upon usage, most single large panels will keep the batteries topped up.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #3

Trailer: Sold 2016 17B / looking for another
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik63 View Post

2) Can it be delivered with (or easily converted to) a composting toilet and avoid the black water tank (use it for grey)?
See the last post in this thread: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...-0-a-4886.html

ETI has been asked about this and the answer was not a flat "no".

I was going to ask Reace if he could install a C-Head in one of the front dinette seats of a 15A but the model was discontinued before I was ready to order. Going with a 17-footer now and the spouse insisted on a conventional toilet arrangement.

The advantage over a C-Head versus Nature's Head or Air-Head is that the C-Head has a smaller footprint. You can also order one that has a slanted back wall so that it fits in curved spaces, like next to a boat hull or inside a trailer.

Let us know what you find out from ETI...my build sheet isn't due until March 1, 2016
Old 09-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Sounds like with the type and the amount of mods you are wanting, buying used would be a good route. Right now you can't get a new one anyway, and there has been a number of 19's listed recently. You gotta be quick on the trigger though, cause they don't last long.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote