Adding a back-up camera - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2011, 09:19 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Re: Adding a back-up camera

My back up cam sits in the passengers seat, never backed into anything yet
so she must work pretty good

PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:11 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
So, I get it about not totally relying on the camera for backing up. Are they helpful, for safety reasons, when driving down the road in traffic? Remember, I've never had a 5th wheel before now/September.

MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:16 AM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
So, I get it about not totally relying on the camera for backing up. Are they helpful, for safety reasons, when driving down the road in traffic? Remember, I've never had a 5th wheel before now/September.
Love ours for going down the road especially in places like LA, Salt Lake, etc. See our website for pictures and details.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 01:05 AM   #14

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
Love ours for going down the road especially in places like LA, Salt Lake, etc. See our website for pictures and details.
We also like to see what is behind us going down the road . We have the Voyager and it is wireles . We had Escape install for us . We got it to them before trailer was finished. Also when backing up can hear person real well .
Patandlinda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:00 AM   #15

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Could well be different towing with a car as opposed to a full size truck but in 9 years of towing the only times I've wondered what was back there was when backing. With the trucks I can see both sides of the trailer in the mirrors without extending them which may not be the case with a smaller vehicle. I suppose if you think you may want one it's better to buy it and send the cables to ETI for install during the build.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:30 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 19' Named Bailey
We love being able to see behind us as we tootle down the road. Nice to know if a little car is sitting behind us and to see how our bikes are riding! Our camera also has audio so I can hear all the instructions I am given when trying to back up into a campsite.... Luckily it isn't two-way audio, so she doesn't hear my swearing at her instructions!
FishBioGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:32 AM   #17

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Could well be different towing with a car as opposed to a full size truck but in 9 years of towing the only times I've wondered what was back there was when backing. With the trucks I can see both sides of the trailer in the mirrors without extending them which may not be the case with a smaller vehicle. I suppose if you think you may want one it's better to buy it and send the cables to ETI for install during the build.
Our camera sees right behind the rear of tire on trailer . You won't be able to see there otherwise . We have a full size truck and can see fine without any mirror extensions .
Patandlinda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #18

Trailer: 2014 19 on June 25
I love, love, love our backup camera. It is just great for driving on busy highways and knowing how much room you have for changing lanes. Ours has guidelines. And we have audio, too. I am sure people can get to know lengths with their mirrors, but for a beginner (which we were last year) it was so helpful.
RooBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #19

Trailer: 19' - Oct 2o15
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooBarb View Post
I love, love, love our backup camera. It is just great for driving on busy highways and knowing how much room you have for changing lanes. Ours has guidelines. And we have audio, too. I am sure people can get to know lengths with their mirrors, but for a beginner (which we were last year) it was so helpful.
Which camera do you have ?
Wired or wireless ?

Thank You.
uw
OWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:33 AM   #20
GCS

Trailer: 1976 Aljo
I have no problem is using a camera as a backing aid. Have one in my vehicle and it's clear as a bell. Not sure about the wireless units though. Will have to research. I would like to see Escape offer a fiberglass tire cover that I could use to mount the camera. I will think of something. I'm pretty sure though that this is the way I will go. Even if I have to go aftermarket or have one made. I would install around hub with a smoke cover to protect it and prevent theft.

GCS is offline   Reply With Quote