Adding modifications after the build - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2017, 07:18 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Adding modifications after the build

I trying to figure out what mods you can do after the build?
where talking the 19'
looking the trailers over with just pictures makes this hard.

is there a easy way to run wires to the upper cabinets and bed area for the converter box . looks to me that they would have to run behind bath to get to bed area is that possible after build?

On solar how does EFT handle the wires for that,how do they enter the shell.

does anyone have a picture of the duel 6 volts in the storage box. I was hoping put them on rear bumper , but i guess that on the 17 not the 19
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:11 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Mike,
You are about 4 hours from me here in York, Pa. We have Hershey, Pa Chocolate factory nearby to warrant a road trip. You are welcome to see the new style 19 I have if you have not seen an Escape in person. Also there is a rally in the fall at Niagara Falls, On where there will be plenty of Escapes to view.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Mike,
You are about 4 hours from me here in York, Pa. We have Hershey, Pa Chocolate factory nearby to warrant a road trip. You are welcome to see the new style 19 I have if you have not seen an Escape in person. Also there is a rally in the fall at Niagara Falls, On where there will be plenty of Escapes to view.

I might take you up on that, Last year made a trip to pa to look at a 19' but it was the 2010 model. I really like to look at a new style. we been going back and forth about ordering, still on the fence
Old 01-25-2017, 10:41 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I trying to figure out what mods you can do after the build?
where talking the 19'
looking the trailers over with just pictures makes this hard.

is there a easy way to run wires to the upper cabinets and bed area for the converter box . looks to me that they would have to run behind bath to get to bed area is that possible after build?

does anyone have a picture of the duel 6 volts in the storage box. I was hoping put them on rear bumper , but i guess that on the 17 not the 19
While anything can be done (I have rewired old houses using a 4' flexible drill) getting behind the bathroom, at least in the 17, is "fun". I ended up using an inspection camera to find a path after taking out the bathroom fan. I also added wiring to all the cabinets for interior lights. Some was easy since there was already 12V wiring, some had to be run through new drilled holes, and a few could be pushed between the back of the cabinet end wall & the soft vinyl.

Where there is a will, there is a way, however if you can get it done at the factory, you will save lots of work.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
While anything can be done (I have rewired old houses using a 4' flexible drill) getting behind the bathroom, at least in the 17, is "fun". I ended up using an inspection camera to find a path after taking out the bathroom fan. I also added wiring to all the cabinets for interior lights. Some was easy since there was already 12V wiring, some had to be run through new drilled holes, and a few could be pushed between the back of the cabinet end wall & the soft vinyl.

Where there is a will, there is a way, however if you can get it done at the factory, you will save lots of work.
I wonder if i could get them to add a piece of conduit behind there for future mods.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post

Been there, done that.

This is one statement on which I couldn't agree with you more. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:18 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 25' 2018
We have a 2011 '19 and have done a bit of after market wiring.

Quote:
I don't believe there is an "easy" way to do this. I've added a stereo and ran speaker wires to each corner of the upper cabinets. Also ran wires for tank and battery monitors mounted in the upper cabinets. I thought about running wires behind the bathroom but couldn't see how to. You can run wires up (or down) at each corner of the trailer. Once in the upper cabinets I ran wires along the top front corner. There they are out of sight and out of the way. In ours I could pass wires inside the top of the door frame.

Quote:
We had solar put on by the factory after the original build. They put a hole for wiring through the roof. I don't remember what fitting or "caulk" was used. The wiring came into the upper kitchen cabinet. (our panel is mid-trailer) Wires were then routed over the door, through front cabinet, down inside corner of trailer, and across front of the dinette. That puts wiring into the driver side dinette bench where all the electrical wiring is.

Quote:
Check balance if you do this. Moving two chunks of lead from the forward most storage box to the rear most bumper is quite a change. If you do this you could run battery wires outside along the frame rather than inside the trailer. That would be easier.
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:37 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
I wonder if i could get them to add a piece of conduit behind there for future mods.
I asked about this for a 17B and was told no. They will run antenna wires, spare conductors, etc.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
I have completed a number of modifications on our 19'. Running new speaker wires throughout for a 4 speaker system with subwoofer. Running wires from the front dinette behind the bathroom was accomplished with a wire snake,was actually far easier than I expected. The corner trim can be removed to run wires up the the overhead cabinets.

Our most complex modification was the remote power reclining bed. after this mod I believe almost anything is possible after delivery http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...tion-8074.html
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:28 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Our most complex modification was the remote power reclining bed. after this mod I believe almost anything is possible after delivery http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...tion-8074.html
Oh, I can't show my wife that mod!

That's pretty cool.
rotateclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:35 AM   #11

Quote:
I have completed a number of modifications on our 19'. Running new speaker wires throughout for a 4 speaker system with subwoofer. Running wires from the front dinette behind the bathroom was accomplished with a wire snake,was actually far easier than I expected. The corner trim can be removed to run wires up the the overhead cabinets.

That bed is something, maybe they should put that on the option list
Old 01-26-2017, 07:29 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
That bed is something, maybe they should put that on the option list
Hi: NEWYORKHILLBILLY... That list has grow too long now!!! Some Mods are best added during the build some are easy to do later. It's just knowing which is which? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #13

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by currinh View Post
I thought about running wires behind the bathroom but couldn't see how to.
Quote:
Running wires from the front dinette behind the bathroom was accomplished with a wire snake,was actually far easier than I expected.
Hugh, as Ian pointed out it is quite easy to run between the front driver's side dinette seat to the back of the trailer behind the bathroom on a 19. I used a flat wire fish tape and just threaded it through. You'll pick up the other end in the vicinity of the furnace. The majority of the stock wiring is routed there.

www.lowes.com/pd/Southwire-25-ft-Steel-Fish-Tape/50114239
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:32 AM   #14

Trailer: Bigfoot 25' 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Hugh, as Ian pointed out it is quite easy to run between the front driver's side dinette seat to the back of the trailer behind the bathroom on a 19. I used a flat wire fish tape and just threaded it through. You'll pick up the other end in the vicinity of the furnace. The majority of the stock wiring is routed there.
That makes a lot of sense. I was thinking of going from the upper cabinets behind the bathroom. I didn't consider going from the dinette bench, and thinking back to that area all the electrical does come through there. I'll keep this in mind for the next mod, whatever that is.

Thanks.
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote