Anyone using the Fastway Flip Jack Foot - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2019, 01:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Anyone using the Fastway Flip Jack Foot

I'm looking at getting the Fastway flip jack foot. It comes in 4 1/2" height and 6" height. I'm leaning towards to 6" but I don't know if this might interfere with anything when it flips up.

Any suggestions?
GaryandEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I have not used one on my Escape but i did on my chalet Aframe. it worked well and replaced a wheel which was a pita. If i remember correctly, it does take more cranks (rotation) to get up/down but a good portion of that is not weight bearing (the flip up/down part).

i would recommend using a piece of insolite foam, carpet, or the like if you are on a steep incline for extra traction. and of course chocking your wheels.

As to height (4 vs 6) think about places you've camped where your tongue had to be lowered to be level. you can always use wood under it to go higher but you are stuck with the 4 or 6 length of the fastway--you can't go safely lower than that. and if you have a weight distribution system, be sure you can raise/lower enough to get the bars in place.

Etrailer is very helpful with questions like this, so you might give them a call.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have just installed a plain foot on the jack bottom, seen here. Then you can adjust height with the plastic blocks which you are going to carry anyway to put under the stabilizers (get the sand pad option on those)
Attached Thumbnails
71khYqgd38L._AC_UL640_QL65_ML3_.jpg  
Old 11-24-2019, 07:21 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have just installed a plain foot on the jack bottom, seen here. Then you can adjust height with the plastic blocks which you are going to carry anyway to put under the stabilizers (get the sand pad option on those)

and
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013, 17B 'Mini Pearl' and a 2010 Highlander
I have the fastway 4 inch on my list of things to buy for next season.
I hope to NOT have to carry blocks and levellers with me.
I have the 'sand pads' on the stabilizer feet and I have one of those banana shape things to level from side to side.
I would hope to only need space in the front storage box for the banana thing.
So I can't answer your question but I have the same question as well and I hope that there is someone out there that has the fastway fold over foot and can tell us all about it.
I like H2OWMN's answer but I was trying to figure out if it was the 4 or 6 inch model. Would I still need wood blocks with the 6 inch if on regular ground or is 4 inch with a one inch block or just extra cranking the answer
Old 11-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I use the plastic blocks under the sand pads as well as under the levelers if need be. I can not see totally eliminating them from your front box. By using them under the stabilizer pads the impact/force of the stabilizer is spread out over a larger footprint, similarly for the tongue jack. The larger the foot print the more stable your trailer will be....
Old 11-25-2019, 04:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19, 2015
I had the 6 inch flip jack and ended up removing it after about a year. It's a cool concept, but I do believe the 6 inch is too big. There were many times when it was really hard to get it in place if the tongue was just a bit low. Also, it didn't work as well when the site had a slope. It would end up getting stuck and caused more problems than it helped. Now, I just use a stack of plastic spacers to avoid having to put the tongue up and down as much. I can use as many or as few as make sense.
wolfnjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:21 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21, 2014 Northern Lite slide in, 2014 2500 Duramax
I have the fastway 6 inch. I even transferred it from our last rv to the Escape.

It works very well, and you don't have to crank the jack so far to unhook.

If you are ever in a spot where the foot is to long just hold it in the folded position as you run the leg down onto a 2X6, or one of your lego blocks.

As always chock your wheels before un-hooking from the tow
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:01 PM   #9

I like the short foot. It looks like I could leave it on all the time. The last one I had like this was taller and I had to install/remove each time.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnjan View Post
I had the 6 inch flip jack and ended up removing it after about a year. It's a cool concept, but I do believe the 6 inch is too big. There were many times when it was really hard to get it in place if the tongue was just a bit low. Also, it didn't work as well when the site had a slope. It would end up getting stuck and caused more problems than it helped. Now, I just use a stack of plastic spacers to avoid having to put the tongue up and down as much. I can use as many or as few as make sense.
I had this concern about the 6 inch version. Thanks for sharing
Old 11-25-2019, 08:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
I have the fastway 6 inch. I even transferred it from our last rv to the Escape.

It works very well, and you don't have to crank the jack so far to unhook.

If you are ever in a spot where the foot is to long just hold it in the folded position as you run the leg down onto a 2X6, or one of your lego blocks.

As always chock your wheels before un-hooking from the tow
I never thought about keeping it folded if it's too long. Thanks for the feedback