Atwood Premier 4000 Power Jack Installation - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
It took me a bit to figure out that the Jack E Up is not an electric jack, rather a manual jack that you can remove. A nice concept but it still requires manual cranking.
You can use it with electric jacks too. What it does is offer a non-fixed attachment for pretty much any jack.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Correct, but you can mount your electric jack with a quick connect, should work, I use mine with BlackJack to open my tailgate.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonny LR View Post
I am thinking of changing out my Atwood Premier 4000 Power Jack. It fitted very weill next to the storage box and propane cover, but it is too tall. It prevents my SUV rear door from opening and causes a liitle incomvenience when the trailer is hooked up to TV. I would appreciate any suggestions that forum members can offer a good fit tongue jack. I have researched the internet and found a Barker model 30828, but don't not it will fit next to the propane cover and not too high above the propane cover, so the rear car door can be opened. Thanks.

Tonny LR
Our ETI installed Atwood is called a Short Power Jack in Atwood's lineup. We can open our 2013 Yukon SLT's tailgate most of the time, however sometimes when not square to the trailer or uphill the distance gets shorter and we cannot open.

I believe it is the Atwood 80509, and although it is rated at 2500 lbs. one is not lifting the whole trailer and therefore you don't need a 4,000 lb. jack.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Considering the stock manual jack is 2000# rated, 2500# should be fine
Old 02-15-2016, 12:51 PM   #25

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th
Quote:
I am thinking of changing out my Atwood Premier 4000 Power Jack. It fitted very weill next to the storage box and propane cover, but it is too tall. It prevents my SUV rear door from opening and causes a liitle incomvenience when the trailer is hooked up to TV. I would appreciate any suggestions that forum members can offer a good fit tongue jack. I have researched the internet and found a Barker model 30828, but don't not it will fit next to the propane cover and not too high above the propane cover, so the rear car door can be opened. Thanks.

Tonny LR
What hitch do you use ?
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Our ETI installed Atwood is called a Short Power Jack in Atwood's lineup. We can open our 2013 Yukon SLT's tailgate most of the time, however sometimes when not square to the trailer or uphill the distance gets shorter and we cannot open.

I believe it is the Atwood 80509, and although it is rated at 2500 lbs. one is not lifting the whole trailer and therefore you don't need a 4,000 lb. jack.
My current TV is a 2016 Yukon SLT SUV. It has a liftgate. I used Andersen WDH. I would like to find out the distance in inches from the mounting plate to the top of the Atwood 80509 electric tongue jack. Thanks.

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:43 PM   #27

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
I would like to find out the distance in inches from the mounting plate to the top of the Atwood 80509 electric tongue jack.
Just the kind of information one might expect from the manufacturer's web page for the product line: Atwood Mobile - Power Jacks
... but I don't see that information there.
There is a manual available, covering Atwood's line of power jacks, but I don't see a height spec in it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:46 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
Tie into emergency brake power for powered tongue jack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
IWhen I got home I put the circuit breaker on the plate between the gas bottles and tied the hot wire into the harness just below the bottles. Works great and my shoulder loves it.
Jack
Hi Jack (or anyone....),

Thinking of adding a powered jack to my 21 also. I went to look for the "harness just below the bottles" that you mentioned and I believe that is the wiring for the emergency brake breakaway gadget, which would be powered from the battery and therefore be a lovely source of 12v power. It's in a nice black corrugated tube that has a lengthwise slit that provides easy access to two black wires. All I have to do is determine which of those wires is hot and I'm set.

Does that sound right?
Thank you,
Doug
Old 06-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #29

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpaddle View Post
Thinking of adding a powered jack to my 21 also. I went to look for the "harness just below the bottles" that you mentioned and I believe that is the wiring for the emergency brake breakaway gadget, which would be powered from the battery and therefore be a lovely source of 12v power.
That makes sense, as long as
  • the wire from the battery is thick enough to handle the jack current (the Atwood jack manual says at least 10-gauge), and
  • the circuit from the battery is fused at a high enough current for the jack (the jack has an internal 30-amp fuse).
Obviously the jack and the breakaway switch won't be in use at the same time, so it's okay to share one power supply circuit.

I don't know what the breakaway switch current rating is, but two axles of common electric brakes only use 12 amps at full power; brake wiring is usually 12-gauge.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 10:41 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Once you go power tongue jack, you'll never go back!

Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote