Bath sink in 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #1
davel

Bath sink in 17

Greetings,

I'm thinking of omitting the sink in the bath and going with wall mounted shower faucets. Seems like it will allow a bit more move around space. Question for you seasoned users is how much do you use the sink, and would you consider not installing one in your next trailer?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 'Houdini 2'
Re: Bath sink in 17

Hi there,
It's not often that Ian and I comment on this forum, but we do often read what you are all saying with great interest. It is marvelous to see how many people are adding an Escape to their lives.

This question about the sink seemed to grab my attention. We almost never use shore power, preferring to be out in the boonies. So we have a solar panel on the roof, but the pump seems to be the biggest user of power, so we try to think of all the ways we can to save water and battery power. Using the shower sink seems to help that cause. We fill the sink with hot water and use that water to soap up. Then we use the hand held shower head only for rinsing off. We use the kitchen sink for hand washing and teeth brushing, so showering really is the only use for that little sink for us.
Also, to respond further to your question of space, Houdini, our camper, is a 19', and the bathroom may be larger than yours in a 17', but the sink is really tiny, and I can't imagine you would find much more elbow - or other?! - room without it. On the other hand, if you only plan to camp with supplied electric and water, our reasons would be moot for you!

Happy new year to you all!
Jenny

Old 01-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Hi Jenny, Happy New Year to you, and Ian too.

We have had our 19 exactly one day less than Jenny has (3 full camping seasons), and have yet to use our bathroom sink. Actually, the shower has only been used once, and that was just to try it out (it worked fine for me, but I have no hair to wash ).

Most of our camping is boondocking too, but for the most part only 4 day trips, so a quick sponge bath is usually all we do (sometimes a dip in the rivers around here, but they can be a bit on the cool side). Longer trips usually find us staying more often where there is bathroom facilities that include showers.

If I had my druthers, I would have omitted the sink in the bathroom. But, it really does not take up that much room so is not that much of a bother.

Basically, I think it comes down to the way you camp, and they way you do things while you camp.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
davel

Thanks for your responses so far. The 17 bath is smaller than the 19, never considered not having a sink in the 19. Jenny your sponge shower is a good suggestion and Bob, the owner of the 17 we are seeing also does sponge showering.
Most of our camping will be in primitive camp grounds or boon docking . Have had good success with the solar shower bag so will be a real luxury to have a shower at all.

Dave
Old 01-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho

Washing bathroom hands and brushing teeth in the kitchen sink was not sitting well with the wife so I added a bathroom sink and we (the four of us) use it a lot. It is basically a hygene issue for us but I wouldn't fault anyone for deleting the bathroom sink, especially if you don't have kids.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #6

If you are travelling with any kids, the bathroom sink rocks!!! I have a 17' and a 5 year old, and I honestly never thought that sink would get so much use. It is the perfect height for a kid to use and it doesn't matter how much of a water mess they make because the bathroom is the shower stall I love that sink!! We use the bathroom sink more than the kitchen sink.
eskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: All... I believe there is a new shape bathroom sink that Escape is using...at least in the 5.0's and 19'ers. Rather than being just in the corner it runs along the wall towards the door. Sorry I have no pics. but I think it just might be a more usefull size. You'd have to ask Reace& Tammy about the fit though Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote