bath towel rod(s) or rack - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
bath towel rod(s) or rack

Hi,
Doug and I may be the last travel trailer owners in BC to begin season startup so late. This year seemed to be a homestead maintenance summer. However, we are now able to begin preparations for travel and have brought our 17' er home to set up. To date we have used an over-the-door towel rack on the outside of the bathroom door. It isn't real bad but sometimes falls off while we're in transit and if inside the bathroom they don't dry. We need advice for a better system for hanging two bath towels. Has anybody put "actual" towel bars on the bathroom door? Inside bathroom? Outside bathroom?
Thanks,
Kathy
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Re: bath towel rod(s) or rack

Kathy, I put a set of hooks on the bathroom door that we can hang towels or clothes on if needed. Normally though, we hang wet stuff outside to keep the moisture levels down inside the trailer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

A hint from full-timer RVers... microfiber towels. These towels wick water quickly and just as importantly... dry very, very fast.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...106_214&fsc=-1

They can almost be "shake" dried. Easily washed and last as long as terry towels.

If the towel bar you're using falls off during travel.... why not just take it down during traveling?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:50 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: NuthatchBC... Here's a pic of our door hooks. Got them from Home Sense I think. Had to make some spacers to take up the slack. They're made for a reg. thickness interior house door, but they have never fallen down and I added a mirror under them stuck on with "No More Nails". My wife sews a piece of cotton tape to the edge of the towels to make a hook to hang with. Alf p.s. bless this mess!!!
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
hangers on.jpg   escape hooks.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19

If you have a 17B with a bathroom, there should be a 2 3/4" solid piece of wood even with the top of the door behind the finish panel (check with Reace to be sure ). Reace pointed this out to me when I asked him where I could securely put towel hooks in my 19. I installed 2 and they've worked well; the towels generally stay put while on the road. I wish I had put the kind that have two hooks each, and may do so in the future. Photo attached.

Bruce
Attached Thumbnails
phpwCYGHrPM.jpg  
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)

I want to second Donna's excellent suggestion. We have these: http://www.amazon.com/Aquis-Microfib...1441889&sr=1-3 The waffle weave seems to help them absorb more and dry faster. They do feel different on your skin than cotton towels. They dry amazingly quickly.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wray
<snip>there should be a 2 3/4" solid piece of wood even with the top of the door behind the finish panel (check with Reace to be sure ). <snip>

Bruce
You can also use a stud-finder to locate the solid pieces behind the paneling. (We've already got one bad-pun thread running here, so no comments on "stud-finder" please)

Dave
Old 08-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19ft Escape "Eggy Sue"

Dave....You're right...Let's make a rule...No puns allowed except on the RIVET thread and that can be found with your GPS - Good Pun Site. This should get us off the (clothes) hook!!
2002 Toyota Tundra 4X4
peter is offline   Reply With Quote