Bear's TV Mounting - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2017, 02:44 AM   #1
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Bear's TV Mounting

Several people have asked for info regarding our TV/Mount and location hope this helps.
When working on are build sheet we decided on two TV locations, first driver side dinette and second curb side loft. We had the Frig/Din wall reinforced for this purpose. We have most of our movies and music on a 1 TB external hard drive and this TV plays all of them (MP3,MP4,MKV AND AVI) files. The sound is not the best but what do you expect for a 24 inch TV, We play the sound though the TV and our blue tooth speaker. I will install a smaller mount arm with quick release bracket for the curb side loft and reuse same TV at a later date. The following is driver side dinette TV location, Mount, Quick release bracket and TV info along with pics. Tin
VIZIO D24-D1 24" 1080p 60Hz LED Smart HDTV, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Studio Sound, Built in Digital Tuner/Built in WiFi.
https://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-D24-D1-...zio+24+inch+tv
https://www.amazon.com/Ergotron-Quic...860-589-060%29
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:46 AM   #2
Tin

A few more pics
Attached Thumbnails
6.jpg   7.jpg   8.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg  

Old 03-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
This is very helpful; thanks! I have been trying to find an arm for the TV but was stymied by the PITA factor of attaching and re-attaching the TV. Was unaware of quick mount adaptors. Thanks for helping to solve my problem. Much appreciated
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:06 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
That looks like a good solution, Tin. We decided to go for two TV locations, the standard in the 5.0TA at the bed, and the location you used. I was having trouble finding one like yours where I could also get a spare mounting plate for the arm, and instead go this one. Unfortunately, it is in a box in my parts room right now, and hasn't been tested yet.

Travel TV Wall Mount - Ready America MRV3500 - TV Accessories - Camping World

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
That looks like a good solution, Tin. We decided to go for two TV locations, the standard in the 5.0TA at the bed, and the location you used. I was having trouble finding one like yours where I could also get a spare mounting plate for the arm, and instead go this one. Unfortunately, it is in a box in my parts room right now, and hasn't been tested yet.

Travel TV Wall Mount - Ready America MRV3500 - TV Accessories - Camping World

Thanks, Jim. We had this model in our 19' (ETI supplied). It worked just fine and we may end up using that model once again.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:16 PM   #6
Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
This is very helpful; thanks! I have been trying to find an arm for the TV but was stymied by the PITA factor of attaching and re-attaching the TV. Was unaware of quick mount adaptors. Thanks for helping to solve my problem. Much appreciated
No problem Zardoz glad it helped.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Me too. We leave our TV attached normally. But I was thinking that the Alaska highway might be a place to remove it and let it rest inside the bedding.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 12:55 PM   #8
Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Jim, I like the arm you chose and was going to buy the same until I did a test run with an old 16" arm just to see the different TV positions. The problem for Me was with a 24" TV a 16" arm did not give enough TV position options, hence the 25" extension arm. The other problem I encountered was just finding the right TV and size. The 3 must for us where 1080p, USB that plays all our various movie files and HDMI so we could use as a monitor or play video games for the kids when they join us. I could not find a TV under 24" that met these requirement and even most 24" TV do not. Best thing it was on sale at walmart for $109.00 US.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:18 PM   #9

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
When you move the tv from the bed to the dining area how do you hook up the satellite /cable?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #10
Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
When you move the tv from the bed to the dining area how do you hook up the satellite /cable?
from the exterior coaxial cable connection on trailer to cable connection on electrical pedestal.
Attached Thumbnails
cable.jpg