Black formica? - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #121

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Thank you everyone for the encouraging comments. I'm a retired engineer so technical stuff like electrical, etc. are easy to decide - colors and patterns, not so much.

I feel much better about our choices thanks to all of you.
tdf-texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #122

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Sounds like my husband, except for the retired (not quite yet) part.

He made an easy decision about the custom flooring, counter top and fabric. He let ME make those decisions! Although I'd drag him along to help decide, we both knew it was entirely my decision. I did let him think he had a bit of a hand in it by turning down some formica choices. I had already decided I didn't want them, but don't let him know that! HA!

That's what's so great about these trailers. If you want to pay the extra bucks, you can get what you want and be quite happy with it for many years to come (hopefully).

Now to wait until it's ready. BTW, we're getting black formica as well.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #123

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Ordered the black snap caps and got them installed today. Before and after pics below. Total cost with shipping for 15 large was $4.99. They actually sent a bag of 25 so got a bit extra if anyone needs some at Quartzsite just ask.
I love your countertop! What is the name or number?

Vicky
richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 12:18 AM   #124

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by akoaoka View Post
We have black Formica in our 17B and love it. Since the wall and ceiling are lined with beige vinly(?) the dark table and countertop give a very nice contrast. We have the A/C ready option so we do have a vent (roughly above the fridge) with a white cover that lets in the light during the day. We never feel the trailer being "dark" even on the rainy days. We have the stock fabric for upholstery and love the combo.

We have couple more pictures of the interior in our album if you are interested. These pictures were taken on an early spring, overcast day:
Your dinette in the background of this picture also looks interesting. Can you tell us how it is mounted?
gmchamplin is offline   Reply With Quote