Black formica? - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-21-2015, 02:27 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
LBaranyai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Posts: 231
I had black counters and and edges for my build several years back. At the time, Escape didn't offer them so I had to supply the materials but they willingly installed them. I ordered the black edging from a supplier in Texas because I was adamant about having black. I also sourced out black screw cover caps and black trim to replace the backsplash coping. I figured if I was going to spend big dollars on a new trailer, then I wanted it my way! And as the norm, Tammy and Reece were fine with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailer2.jpg (41.1 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg trailer1.jpg (33.3 KB, 155 views)
__________________

__________________
2011 17B 2003 TOYOTA TACOMA
Our "FIRE ESCAPE"
"Put the wet stuff on the red stuff"
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:32 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 552
Love the look! And with the grey fabric - really handsome!!!
I turned in my first Build Sheet this past week with Matte Black specified.



Quote:
Originally Posted by LBaranyai View Post
I had black counters and and edges for my build several years back. At the time, Escape didn't offer them so I had to supply the materials but they willingly installed them. I ordered the black edging from a supplier in Texas because I was adamant about having black. I also sourced out black screw cover caps and black trim to replace the backsplash coping. I figured if I was going to spend big dollars on a new trailer, then I wanted it my way! And as the norm, Tammy and Reece were fine with it.
__________________

__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 10:12 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBaranyai View Post
(snip)I figured if I was going to spend big dollars on a new trailer, then I wanted it my way!
That's our feeling as well. Even though it'll be some time before we can actually afford to purchase the trailer and truck, we're already looking at countertop options. That's getting narrowed down to a blue (denim canvas) or two different blacks (basalt slate or midnight stone). Yesterday we looked at Sunbrella fabrics at a local store - have 4 samples on order. Flooring will be next.

If we go with black countertop, I really like how some folks have added in black handles and hinges - but that's another cost, so we'll have to see about that. Not sure if painting them will hold up over time.
__________________
Laura, Dirk & Spike (the cat)
Time for sunshine - stupid rain!
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Charlie & Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sunapee, New Hampshire
Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 F250 Crewcab
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDarby View Post
Love the look! And with the grey fabric - really handsome!!!
I turned in my first Build Sheet this past week with Matte Black specified.
Congratulations Ellen on your first build sheet! We changed ours many times until we signed off on it. Luckily ETI was very easygoing with all the questions and changes that we asked and made. Such great people to deal with!
__________________
Charlie & Lucy
--
"I can't complain... but sometimes I still do."
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 552
Thanks, Lucy! Yeah, ETI has their work cut out for them with me. Sent a list of 30 questions and notes along with my sheet!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
Congratulations Ellen on your first build sheet! We changed ours many times until we signed off on it. Luckily ETI was very easygoing with all the questions and changes that we asked and made. Such great people to deal with!
__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:42 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Cypherian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dover, Delaware
Trailer: Escape 19' 2012 Tacoma 4x4 V6 DBLCB 2011
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBaranyai View Post
I had black counters and and edges for my build several years back. At the time, Escape didn't offer them so I had to supply the materials but they willingly installed them. I ordered the black edging from a supplier in Texas because I was adamant about having black. I also sourced out black screw cover caps and black trim to replace the backsplash coping. I figured if I was going to spend big dollars on a new trailer, then I wanted it my way! And as the norm, Tammy and Reece were fine with it.

And here I thought I was coming up with and original scheme sort of stolen from and Airstream Victorinox http://www.colonialairstream.com/airstreams/airstream-victorinox-special-edition-bambi.html LOL Though I am doing a gray and maroon scheme

Cypher
__________________
Veritas Lux Mea
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:58 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 552
What a beautiful look!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
And here I thought I was coming up with and original scheme sort of stolen from and Airstream Victorinox http://www.colonialairstream.com/airstreams/airstream-victorinox-special-edition-bambi.html LOL Though I am doing a gray and maroon scheme

Cypher
__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 05:35 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
LeonW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Posts: 942
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDarby View Post
Love the look! And with the grey fabric - really handsome!!!
I turned in my first Build Sheet this past week with Matte Black specified.

Ellen, you have the right attitude when you say this is your first Build Sheet. I don't know how many revisions we went through before we were finished. That said, I think we would be happy to have our trailer in any of the configurations we went through...
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 06:01 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
EDarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Posts: 552
Thanks, Leon! I hear ya - I'm pretty flexible - am sure I would love just the base 17B but . . . as long as those options are available and there's time to ponder . . .



Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Ellen, you have the right attitude when you say this is your first Build Sheet. I don't know how many revisions we went through before we were finished. That said, I think we would be happy to have our trailer in any of the configurations we went through...
__________________
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C.S. Lewis
EDarby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Maury&Julie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Mill Valley, California
Trailer: 2016 21'
Posts: 138
Akoaoka, what type of cooktop do you have?
__________________

Maury&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.