Blind Replacement - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SEATTLE, Washington
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Posts: 51
Blind Replacement

We would like to replace the stock beige blinds in our 2017 21' with a color more to our liking. We don't mind the design and engineering of the stock blinds - just the color. Does anyone know where we can order replacement blinds in a different color. We have not bugged ETI about this.

Thanks,
Charlie & Kiko
__________________

cvanzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,836
I just did a quick google search for "replacement rv blinds" and got tons of hits. Get out your measuring tape!
__________________

__________________
Laura, Dirk and Spike & Sam & Jasper (the cats)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
My blog: https://www.underkittysupervision.co...upervisioncom/
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SEATTLE, Washington
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Posts: 51
Google - what a concept

Thanks
Charlie
cvanzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanzan View Post
Google - what a concept

Thanks
Charlie
I know, it's quite an amazing concept. You start typing in words in the search box and it thinks it knows what you're gonna finish typing. Many times it's correct. (And the guy that came up with that feature recently died, I believe.) And it might spell better than the typist.

I think it's been around for a few years. Maybe a bit more than that.

Seriously, good luck with your color choice. Hopefully there's more out there than just the icky tans and browns I usually see.
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Spike & Sam & Jasper (the cats)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
My blog: https://www.underkittysupervision.co...upervisioncom/
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:57 AM   #5
Member
 
TacomaAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Posts: 38
ETI tells me they get their blinds from United Shade. United Shades tell me they can/will supply different material for ETI's shade.
TacomaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: WI, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaAnn View Post
ETI tells me they get their blinds from United Shade. United Shades tell me they can/will supply different material for ETI's shade.
Has anyone been able to customize their blinds this way? Meaning ETI installs the alternate colored blinds from UnitedShade?
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:39 PM   #7
Site Team
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 5,665
They have an optional No Cord EZ-lift system, might be nice to not have the lower spool to bang your head into.
__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:34 AM   #8
Member
 
TacomaAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Posts: 38
Blind replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
Has anyone been able to customize their blinds this way? Meaning ETI installs the alternate colored blinds from UnitedShade?
Mike, I asked several times, hoping that eventually I would get a different (positive) answer. I was always told that ETI will install ONLY those default blinds, no options. United Shade told me they have tried to convince ETI to offer options, but ETI cordially declines. I suppose it's another thing that ETI would have to keep track of, but I would have been happy to pay extra to have the material of my choice installed by ETI ... rather than pay even more to buy new blinds from another retailer and then simply toss the ones in the garbage that I got (and paid for) from ETI. Maybe there's a good reason for ETI's decision not to provide options. United Shade rep told me that the material ETI orders is called "day blind" shades and does not provide privacy at night, nor heat/cold retention, nor blackout, much less a coordinating color. I sure wish ETI would re-think this. As it stands, I get to pay twice for one set of blinds ... one from ETI and one from another retailer. ETI did say they would leave the blinds off, but would not give me a credit for that, so I still end up paying twice. Does anyone have any information about a way around this?
TacomaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:19 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: WI, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaAnn View Post
Mike, I asked several times, hoping that eventually I would get a different (positive) answer. I was always told that ETI will install ONLY those default blinds, no options. United Shade told me they have tried to convince ETI to offer options, but ETI cordially declines. I suppose it's another thing that ETI would have to keep track of, but I would have been happy to pay extra to have the material of my choice installed by ETI ... rather than pay even more to buy new blinds from another retailer and then simply toss the ones in the garbage that I got (and paid for) from ETI. Maybe there's a good reason for ETI's decision not to provide options. United Shade rep told me that the material ETI orders is called "day blind" shades and does not provide privacy at night, nor heat/cold retention, nor blackout, much less a coordinating color. I sure wish ETI would re-think this. As it stands, I get to pay twice for one set of blinds ... one from ETI and one from another retailer. ETI did say they would leave the blinds off, but would not give me a credit for that, so I still end up paying twice. Does anyone have any information about a way around this?
Thanks for the follow up Ann. I was hoping for a different answer, and I think I will also ask as part of my build sheet.

Did you end up getting your replacement shades from United Shade? I'm wonder if that would be the easiest "bolt on" replacement. I would think I would be able to use the same hardware ETI used even if I replaced them with the day/night version.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:06 AM   #10
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 8,427
Blinds? I don't even see them. When I'm awake, they're in the up position. When I'm asleep, they're in the down position and so are my eye lids. Eventually they'll fail and then I'll look into replacing them with a night shade.... maybe.

I can see why ETI doesn't want to deal with choice. Who's choice and how many colors should they offer? Zero is a better choice for them. So far I've read where folks would like them to offer different wall coverings, types of wood in the cabinetry, now blinds. IF they did, I wouldn't be able to afford the trailer....
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.