Comforter size for a 21' Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2015, 12:35 AM   #1

Trailer: 2016 21'
Comforter size for a 21' Escape

What size comforter or quilt do you use on the permanent bed in a 21'? Looks like I can get a twin size quilt to work without a lot of extra fabric hanging over that needs to be tucked in.
Maury&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
I used a twin on the way home from Chilliwack and it wasn't quite wide enough for two people to sleep under. (It did okay during the day.) I may try to alter one that's made for a full/double.

Also I measured this a.m. and the bed IS 80" long, which I'm thinking means altering a queen sized fitted sheet. Apparently a full/double is for a 75" mattress.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:10 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I purchase "full" sized sets and most normally work.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Maybe this will help
Attached Thumbnails
MattressSizes.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
We use a queen size Travasak and it seems perfect in our 21'.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 escape trailer 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maury&Julie View Post
What size comforter or quilt do you use on the permanent bed in a 21'? Looks like I can get a twin size quilt to work without a lot of extra fabric hanging over that needs to be tucked in.

We are getting a 21' in 2016 & my research shows that the bed is XL. You can google & find all sizes of sheets can be ordered XL.
whitepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:48 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I do not think the bed is "King" or Xl check the website, it is closer to a double size or about 6" smaller than queen.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #8

Trailer: 2016 escape trailer 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I do not think the bed is "King" or Xl check the website, it is closer to a double size or about 6" smaller than queen.

Bedding sheets, mattress pads, comforters, etc. are available in full size XL (meaning extra long). If you check the mattress size in the 21' the measurement you will find that it is full size, just extra long.
whitepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
Bedding sheets, mattress pads, comforters, etc. are available in full size XL (meaning extra long). If you check the mattress size in the 21' the measurement you will find that it is full size, just extra long.
I'm super bummed that I won't be able to get a Select Comfort bed for the 21'. We were going to get it for the 5.0TA we originally wanted (until I realized the bed of the truck wouldn't be able to hold the stuff I need to haul to bazaars for vending). I love that the bed has the length of the queen (which I need), but hate that it's not as wide.

I know the mattress in the trailer will kill my back sooner rather than later, so I suspect I'll be getting a queen size foam pad and trimming it down.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #10

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I'm super bummed that I won't be able to get a Select Comfort bed for the 21'. We were going to get it for the 5.0TA we originally wanted (until I realized the bed of the truck wouldn't be able to hold the stuff I need to haul to bazaars for vending). I love that the bed has the length of the queen (which I need), but hate that it's not as wide.

I know the mattress in the trailer will kill my back sooner rather than later, so I suspect I'll be getting a queen size foam pad and trimming it down.
Greg on another thread said that they have the Spa Sensations from Walmart and really like it. It is very reasonably priced too
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #11

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
Greg on another thread said that they have the Spa Sensations from Walmart and really like it. It is very reasonably priced too
But is it for the 21' bed? Which really isn't a standard size bed, I believe. I'll just get a foam pad and cut it down.

And I found my sheets and comforter at Plow and Hearth! With cats, of course.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:52 AM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Yes, we like it so much we'll probably switch out the 19 mattress for one in the next year or so. An electric knife trims it like butter so you can easily cut it to custom fit the space in the 21.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Yes, we like it so much we'll probably switch out the 19 mattress for one in the next year or so. An electric knife trims it like butter so you can easily cut it to custom fit the space in the 21.
Well, now I'm really confused. I looked at them on-line and the one I saw was covered, like a regular mattress, and had multiple layers. You wouldn't want to cut into that type of mattress.

I figured I'd either add a pad to the regular mattress or remove it completely (or not get it) and put in a thick foam pad. I really need the length of the bed, so I can't put in a regular full size mattress in there. 5" is too much length of me to lose on a bed.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #14

Quote:

We sleep on a Tempurpedic (sp) mattress that we are going to cut down to fit the 21 if we ever go "full-time"
Old 10-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Well, now I'm really confused. I looked at them on-line and the one I saw was covered, like a regular mattress, and had multiple layers. You wouldn't want to cut into that type of mattress.

I figured I'd either add a pad to the regular mattress or remove it completely (or not get it) and put in a thick foam pad. I really need the length of the bed, so I can't put in a regular full size mattress in there. 5" is too much length of me to lose on a bed.
I believe all the the layer are glued together. So I'm just going to put a fitted sheet on it and no one will ever now.
We watched this video on YouTube, maybe you'll find it helpful.
https://youtu.be/xAcYkOErOok

Hopefully I added that correctly!
Old 10-18-2015, 09:06 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Full sheets work on 21 mattress

I have used both percale and flannel full sized sheets on our 21 mattress. For the flannel, I removed some of the length of the top sheet and attached it to the foot end of the top edge of the fitted sheet. This removes some of the bulk at the foot of the bed and keeps the sheets from getting tangled/ loosened since the mattress isn't very heavy to hold them in place.
For the comforter, we already had a rectangular shaped sleeping bag that we zipped open and use for a comforter. A full/queen sized blanket that we used in the summer was much to big.
Mountain_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comforter size, queen bed