Cot? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Trailer: None as yet
Posts: 15
Cot?

I noticed someone was selling a 19' with a cot? Can anyone show me what that looks like?

I'm assuming (for whatever reason) that the cot is/was an option from ETI.
__________________

SSBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBN View Post
I noticed someone was selling a 19' with a cot? Can anyone show me what that looks like?

I'm assuming (for whatever reason) that the cot is/was an option from ETI.
This pic was posted a while back by Stewlang. Yes, it is an option on the 19 from ETI. Many trailers seem to be bought "cot ready" which provides the blocks glassed in to mount the brackets.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (25.1 KB, 160 views)
__________________

rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Trailer: None as yet
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
This pic was posted a while back by Stewlang. Yes, it is an option on the 19 from ETI. Many trailers seem to be bought "cot ready" which provides the blocks glassed in to mount the brackets.
Thank you!

Does anyone know what the load limit is for the cot option?

That's over the dinette right?
SSBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Front Range, Colorado
Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Posts: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
This pic was posted a while back by Stewlang. Yes, it is an option on the 19 from ETI. Many trailers seem to be bought "cot ready" which provides the blocks glassed in to mount the brackets.
Wow!!! I like that idea. Does anybody know if that has been done in a 5.0 TA dinette area?
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 1,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBN View Post
Thank you!

Does anyone know what the load limit is for the cot option?

That's over the dinette right?
I heard 200 lbs. was quoted by ETI. It is very well made. It is mounted over the front dinette. When the cot is removed the brackets on the wall are very low profile and hardly noticeable. We weren't happy with the way the two-piece poles were loose at the connection which made the cot sag a bit in the middle even though it was tight at the ends. We ended up welding them which makes them a little more inconvenient to store, but the fabric still comes off over the ends and the poles do fit across the trailer under the back bed angled toward the back driver side corner thru the rear passenger access hatch.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Wow!!! I like that idea. Does anybody know if that has been done in a 5.0 TA dinette area?
While the cot has been offered in the 19' and the 17' (and perhaps earlier models), I don't think it has ever been offered in the 21' or 5.0TA, presumably because these larger models are wider and so the cot support poles would need to be longer and stronger.
Brian B-P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Felton, California
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Posts: 770
We have the cot and used it extensively on a three week trip with our two grandsons (ages 12 and 13). They both had their own beds and the grandson in the cot said it was very comfortable. Of course, I think the cot got its best use when, one night in South Dakota, a thunder and lightning storm hit and both boys sat/lay on the cot for half an hour, watching out the front window as the lightning streaked across the sky. (The thunder was pretty awesome too!)
__________________

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:47 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Steve Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Fremont, California
Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Posts: 1,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
We have the cot and used it extensively on a three week trip with our two grandsons (ages 12 and 13). They both had their own beds and the grandson in the cot said it was very comfortable. Of course, I think the cot got its best use when, one night in South Dakota, a thunder and lightning storm hit and both boys sat/lay on the cot for half an hour, watching out the front window as the lightning streaked across the sky. (The thunder was pretty awesome too!)
Creating Memories, Jan! Creating Memories!
__________________
Steve and Debbie
2016 - 21'
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:05 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Felton, California
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Posts: 770
That's for sure Steve!
__________________

__________________

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.