Cot and more - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Old 09-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
The 12V does mostly get used for charging phones for us too. Maybe a tablet or a bluetooth receiver too. I know there are splitters you can plug in, but we do make use of our second 12V plug quite a bit with two things charging at once.

I too wish I had of had prepped our trailer to be cot ready, mostly for when our grandkids are with us. We have loaned our trailer before, and would again to our kids or the 'right' friends. Our trailer is not very complex at all though.

We have never used a TV in our trailer, but twice in almost 5 years now, have used a receiver with our laptop. We just don't watch much TV when camping. Maybe once we retire and do longer trips. Our trailer is ready to go with a TV if we want one. It would be mounted on the gable to the right of the galley so it can be swiveled to view in bed or at the dinette. If I had to do it all over again, I don't think I would even prep for a TV.
We have used splitters as well and find they can be problematic so having more outlets is, no doubt, the way to go. With DH retiring in about a month, we're hoping for some longer trips too which is why we're opting for the television ... although, your mention of the laptop made us realize that we'll have DVD watching capability as well.

CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
Site Team
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I just got this nice LED 12v digital HD TV with DVD player for my new Escape NAXA NTD-1552 15.6-Inch Widescreen HD LED TV with Built-in Digital TV Tuner and USB/SD Inputs and DVD Player: Electronics
That way someone else can surf the web and this forum while you watch tv or movies.

never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #13
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Nice!! Will have to look into that one. Although, with that big 21'er, won't you be needing a much larger screen ... ;-)

CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote