Cushion Upholstery - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Cushion Upholstery

We are looking at committing on a new 17' B Plan Escape trailer and are wondering about some upholstery choices. Has anyone had experience with selecting their own upholstery covering for the cushions with 'Ultraleather' or real leather? If so, are there recommendations for or against such choices?

Thanks,
Tim
Marshall Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #2

We are fine with the factory fabric but are paying the $100 extra to have the same fabric on all sides. Stock cushions have a non matching material on the bottom so you can't flip them in case one side gets damaged.
Just thinking if you get custom fabric you may want to check they cover the bottom in the same...if that is what you want.
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I think ultraleather sounds nice leather too if you can find the right leather. I need super tough leather for my two dogs the leather on my truck seats is tough shows no wear. I like fabric on my trailer seats not cold and when it's hot won't stick to my skin. But get what you like. Not sure if Escape's upholster would sew with real leather but maybe.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Escape View Post
We are looking at committing on a new 17' B Plan Escape trailer and are wondering about some upholstery choices. Has anyone had experience with selecting their own upholstery covering for the cushions with 'Ultraleather' or real leather? If so, are there recommendations for or against such choices?

Thanks,
Tim
Tim,
We got ultraleather for our dinette cushions in our 21 that we picked up in August and really like it. Our Golden Retriever and Havanese are both pretty tough on furniture fabrics, but they can’t seem to hurt this one, and my granddaughter accidentally spilled ketchup on the cushions and it came right out. Ultraleather doesn’t get hot or cold or stick to your skin, but is usually on the pricey side when purchased at a fabric store. We found ours on eBay for $17 a yard.
Attached Thumbnails
98F8EC5D-4F29-4482-91DD-D986979F8117.jpg  
Old 11-07-2017, 10:16 PM   #5

Thanks for the response and the photograph. Was your flooring a special selection as well? It looks nice.
Marshall Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:57 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrgtic4 View Post
Tim,
We got ultraleather for our dinette cushions in our 21 that we picked up in August and really like it. Our Golden Retriever and Havanese are both pretty tough on furniture fabrics, but they can’t seem to hurt this one, and my granddaughter accidentally spilled ketchup on the cushions and it came right out. Ultraleather doesn’t get hot or cold or stick to your skin, but is usually on the pricey side when purchased at a fabric store. We found ours on eBay for $17 a yard.
Wow Lisa and Pete ! You know I love , love those colors ! Very tastefully done Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #7

Trailer: 2019 F150 eco boost with 2017 5.0 TA in tow
Quote:

Thanks,
Tim
We have ultra leather on the dinette cushions on our 5.0 TA and with two dogs and four grandkids it is weathering well. Highly suggest it. We also got ours on line for $17 a yard. It very pricey if bought at retail prices.
RicVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:54 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Quote:
Thanks for the response and the photograph. Was your flooring a special selection as well? It looks nice.

Thanks Tim. We ordered the floor from Pioneer Building Supply in Chilliwack and ETI picked it up. It’s Armstring Station Square Covington Oak Dovetail.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Wow Lisa and Pete ! You know I love , love those colors ! Very tastefully done Pat

Thanks Pat.
We love them too, they help us relax and make us think of the beach.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Looks great!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Looks great!
Thanks Kate
Old 11-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrgtic4 View Post
Thanks Pat.
We love them too, they help us relax and make us think of the beach.
Yup us too! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote