Custom Formica - Fridge doors - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2018, 01:17 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I just read this thread this morning.... how did I miss it? (All these praise-ful references to my fridge work-- loving it!) How could I not respond with an updated picture of my fridge door??

It is my shot of the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Staples blew it up for me, and it's covered with a thin sheet of plexiglass for protection. Fair warning: my door trim snaps off easily, so I could replace the stock gray panel, but I did crack that black trim bezel - it is fragile and its track barely wide enough for the plexiglass, --had to shave it some. Your (different) fridge may or may not have the same problems, so caution is advised.

Waiting to see Vermilliya's fridge door in his new 21--Jon what's up??
Myron so evident all the work you have put in your trailer ! Very personal and homey ! Just a suggestion on the cheap refrigerator door mounding .... we also have a picture on our same 4.3. So far the mounding is holding but you know those plastic tabs on the side of the door where the mounding is supposed to be held into ? If it gives me grief I will drill small holes in the center of those tabs , can't remember how many , on each side . I have some small screws with a larger head , almost like a washer , and will screw the edge mounding to those tabs to hold . But back to your trailer really like everything you have done ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Roger that, Pat... must look into adding the screws. Good idea as better than my black electrical tape solution.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I was planning on basalt slate as well. What floor and fabric did you use? It looks good.
sdnomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 05:25 PM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Kitchen wall tile on refrigerator door panel

We thought about putting our extra formica on the refrigerator door, but it is black and we felt it would make the trailer look darker. Instead we put the tiles that we previously installed on the wall behind the kitchen, on the refrigerator door.

In order to access the panels, I first removed the doors. I then removed the bottom trim from each door. My refrigerator documentation states the trim is held on by screws, but mine is held in by a little plastic clip which I freed by pushing a flat bladed screw driver into the slots on the trim. The panels just slide out. In order to go back to the original wood refrigerator door, should we decide to, I stuck the tiles to the back of the panels.

Post # 42 on this link is a picture of our kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN6413.jpg  
Old 12-28-2018, 06:26 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

The Grand Canyon looks good!

A tough decision - I now have 2 doors to fill. I have one already picked, and will have the photos printed when I get back home in May.
Here are the photos. The freezer is Whitehorse Falls, along OR 138, and the refrigerator photo is the milky way, along with a meteorite over Devils Tower, WY.

Old 12-28-2018, 07:13 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Those are really impressive, Jon.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Confession: A little amazed that your tile work works. Looking strong, Rick, good job.
Jon, pix choices great. Are you at Quartzsite yet?
Old 12-28-2018, 08:00 PM   #28

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
We thought about putting our extra formica on the refrigerator door, but it is black and we felt it would make the trailer look darker. Instead we put the tiles that we previously installed on the wall behind the kitchen, on the refrigerator door.

Hey that looks great! That's a great idea on a place to use the peel n stick stuff. The back of your kitchen area looks great as well. thanks for the link on that as I don't remember seeing it the first time around.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:52 AM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Confession: A little amazed that your tile work works. Looking strong, Rick, good job.
Jon, pix choices great. Are you at Quartzsite yet?
Day 22 at La Posa West LTVA.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
How does one determine if a piece of Formica / Flooring is custom or standard ?
Our trailer when built had “ CUSTOM “Formica chosen by the original purchaser but when we bought the trailer we had no choice ‘ it just came with the trailer so is the same Formica now just standard Formica ?
Does the same standard apply to flooring . I would assume that because all trailers come standard with flooring , then any flooring is also standard .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:36 AM   #31

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
How does one determine if a piece of Formica / Flooring is custom or standard ?
Our trailer when built had “ CUSTOM “Formica chosen by the original purchaser but when we bought the trailer we had no choice ‘ it just came with the trailer so is the same Formica now just standard Formica ?
Does the same standard apply to flooring . I would assume that because all trailers come standard with flooring , then any flooring is also standard .
I think the definition of "standard" here is the standard pattern used by ETI if the owner does not choose a different one. The standard Formica and flooring patterns used by ETI are included in the base price of the trailer. Any changes from those are "custom" and incur additional charges. If you purchased a trailer that was originally optioned out by someone else and they chose a custom Formica or flooring, then those choices come with the trailer at no additional cost to you because they paid for them. So you can look at it either way - you didn't get to choose, but they are different from the standard ETI patterns.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:14 AM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
I think the definition of "standard" here is the standard pattern used by ETI if the owner does not choose a different one. The standard Formica and flooring patterns used by ETI are included in the base price of the trailer. Any changes from those are "custom" and incur additional charges. If you purchased a trailer that was originally optioned out by someone else and they chose a custom Formica or flooring, then those choices come with the trailer at no additional cost to you because they paid for them. So you can look at it either way - you didn't get to choose, but they are different from the standard ETI patterns.
By your definition I have custom flooring because it is not the Standard ETI flooring ?
By my definition I paid for that custom flooring ( which is not custom to me ) when I bought the trailer
The original owner tried to recover as much of his original investment as possible so the cost of the flooring / Formica option was added into his selling price just like every other option .
I am one of those unsophisticated people who see a floor only as a floor , a counter top only as a counter top . An item is defined by its’ use or purpose or function .
If the color doesn’t improve the functionality then I don’t care .
That’s possibly why I find threads like this so interesting , fascinating and almost whimsical.

HAPPY NEW YEARS
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:21 AM   #33
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
That’s possibly why I find threads like this so interesting , fascinating and almost whimsical.

HAPPY NEW YEARS
Me too! I find it interesting when people take facts and twist them to their own narrative.

Function over form or form over function? Who cares as long as you like it and it works for you
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #34

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The current website shows the standard flooring which is now being changed in one week to the cedar interior with new standard counter and flooring shown in video. Without a picture, do not know what your flooring is. Mine has been the standard in my first 3, will be different in my new one.
Attached Images