Dark floor - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2016, 04:13 AM   #11

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Is it the lighter shade or the darker one? I've ordered the darker one, but I can't tell you how it looks until February, when the trailer will be ready. This is the flooring/fabric/countertop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 2.29.03 AM.jpg (129.4 KB, 26 views)

blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:44 AM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I think it would be fine. I would strongly suggest you put all your samples together to see how they coordinate. One of the key elements for flooring choice is the cabinetry, as it meets the floor all throughout the trailer. We eliminated a few floor samples that did not work with the cabinet material.

We had samples of all of the following to help us out;
  • Vinyl wall liner - from Escape (this colour is great as there was very little it did not coordinate with)
  • Cabinetry plywood sample - from Escape
  • Upholstery - samples from all over the place (around 40-50), but ended up seeing what we liked best and bought in a store.
  • Laminate - ordered lots and lots of large samples (probably about 70 samples) (this was our second confirmed choice)
  • We selected this first.Flooring - from local flooring store. (probably brought 30 samples home) It is good to see the large samples to get an idea on how the pattern works. (this was the last thing we chose)

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:57 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
I'm doing the same formica with rustic timbers brown floor.
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:17 PM   #14

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Our countertop is also basalt slate (which seems to be a popular choice as we're not the only ones with it). Flooring is Manhattan 999 (or something like that) from IVC, ordered from Pioneer Building Supply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06455.jpg (67.1 KB, 48 views)
Old 12-02-2016, 11:29 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Our countertop is also basalt slate (which seems to be a popular choice as we're not the only ones with it). Flooring is Manhattan 999 (or something like that) from IVC, ordered from Pioneer Building Supply.
Oh my gosh thank you for responding and sharing a picture of your beautiful trailer!It really helps to be able to see how these choices all come together.We got to move our delivery date up so we will pick up the Hound Hauler (travel with two Italian Greyhounds)the end of January.Your choices really look fantastic ,maybe we will see each other at a gathering.We live south of Portland about 65 miles.
William Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:03 AM   #16

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Pittman View Post
Oh my gosh thank you for responding and sharing a picture of your beautiful trailer!It really helps to be able to see how these choices all come together.We got to move our delivery date up so we will pick up the Hound Hauler (travel with two Italian Greyhounds)the end of January.Your choices really look fantastic ,maybe we will see each other at a gathering.We live south of Portland about 65 miles.
Pretty soon you'll have photos of your own to share when someone asks. I'd see questions like this and think "dang, I can't share", but now I can!

We're already booked for the Spring NOG and the rally at Maryhill, so chances are good for that happening.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Pittman View Post
PS, you're welcome! (I'm tired, so forgot to say that in my previous reply. Not being rude!)

And yeah, I know where Albany is. Every spring I attend a hobby convention in Corvallis, practically next door to ya. This year (well, 2017) I get to take The Trailer and sleep on my own bed instead of my friend's son's really worn out bed. I'll be staying at the Benton Oaks campground, right at the Corvallis fairgrounds - boring place, but right where the event is.