Dicor pedestal height - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2016, 12:00 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21
Dicor pedestal height

Does anyone have a Dicor pedestal table without a raised floor? And if you do have the Dicor pedestal without a raised floor what is the table height?
Thanks!
Take_a_hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape
Cosmo Table Pedestal | Dicor Products | Official Website
Select specs.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Thank you for the link. According to this the pedestal height is 28 inches, our cushion height is 22 inches from the floor. 6 inches of clearance between the cushion and the table does not seem like enough. I know people with a skates have installed the pedestal tables. Do they all have a raised floor?
Take_a_hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Rbryan posted this last year: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ds-5691-6.html

Captmath in Post #59 says "Sorry. I missed this question. The table base is narrower than the Helm pedestal so I added a couple of 2x4 rails to raise the table and clear the locks. At some point they will get some paint." If you expand the picture you see the bottom of the table top and the angled piece is part of the slide platform.

Am wondering if those with the Springfield have the same issue of needing to shim the table upward as the max height is the same as Dicor- 28".
Attached Thumbnails
dicor.jpg  
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:24 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Rbryan posted this last year: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ds-5691-6.html

Captmath in Post #59 says "Sorry. I missed this question. The table base is narrower than the Helm pedestal so I added a couple of 2x4 rails to raise the table and clear the locks. At some point they will get some paint." If you expand the picture you see the bottom of the table top and the angled piece is part of the slide platform.

Am wondering if those with the Springfield have the same issue of needing to shim the table upward as the max height is the same as Dicor- 28".
No Ross the table top sits right on the aluminum plate of the pedestal .After install table top is 29 1/4 from floor to table . No blocks of wood needed . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:32 PM   #6

Now am a little confused. You have the Springfield don't you Pat? Dick (captmath) just told me he used 2x3. Guess I will have to wait until the Dicor arrives next week to see how it works. Think I prefer it - though about $100 more than best price on Springfield as you don't need to clamp it for other than all the way up or down. Dicor on the other hand probably doesn't swivel. Ying/Yang.
Old 03-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Now am a little confused. You have the Springfield don't you Pat? Dick (captmath) just told me he used 2x3. Guess I will have to wait until the Dicor arrives next week to see how it works. Think I prefer it - though about $100 more than best price on Springfield as you don't need to clamp it for other than all the way up or down. Dicor on the other hand probably doesn't swivel. Ying/Yang.
Yes I have the Springflied . I will post a picture of installation . I think Gregg figured out the Dicor does not have the correct up and down span . I'll just post picture so you can see . Pat
Old 03-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #8

Quote:

First pic is from floor to table .down position . up all the way . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0635.jpg   IMG_0551 2.jpg   IMG_0552 2.jpg   IMG_0548.jpg  
Old 03-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #9

Quote:

Ross measurement is from Floor to table . It doesn't matter if on platform or flat floor . I used Escape"s side to side and if I turn table around it will go back to front . I cut my table down . Because I aded platform only needed to add a higher ledge because of platform . Without platform the table would still operate as it does now. Hope this helps . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0549.jpg   IMG_0550.jpg  
Old 03-26-2016, 04:23 PM   #10

Pat- looks like you have your seat cushions resting on something to make it higher? What is the normal height from floor to top of cushions for a 19? I think it may be less than the 21trailer or 5.0TA which is 22". That may account for the difference in installation. So far I haven't seen any comments from anyone except Captmath explaining their install(his was with the Dicor).

I've never been fond of the stock plastic slide after our table tumbled off on I-40 during a detour during a construction project near Kingman. It broke the rails and Tammy sent me more(at no cost) and a stop screw that was missing. I made my own turn-key that goes into a fitting I planted into the bottom of the table top but it just seems funky. That is what is driving me towards the Dicor primarily. Wonder if you could use the four way Dicor slide on the Springfield.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Pat- looks like you have your seat cushions resting on something to make it higher? What is the normal height from floor to top of cushions for a 19? I think it may be less than the 21trailer or 5.0TA which is 22". That may account for the difference in installation. So far I haven't seen any comments from anyone except Captmath explaining their install(his was with the Dicor).

I've never been fond of the stock plastic slide after our table tumbled off on I-40 during a detour during a construction project near Kingman. It broke the rails and Tammy sent me more(at no cost) and a stop screw that was missing. I made my own turn-key that goes into a fitting I planted into the bottom of the table top but it just seems funky. That is what is driving me towards the Dicor primarily. Wonder if you could use the four way Dicor slide on the Springfield.
Ross Flat floor to top of dinette without cushions !8 in
Top of platform to top of all my cushions 20 5/8 in
Platform height is 4 in
Extra cushion the grey is 2 in Someday want to get new seat cushions at least 6 in thick .
Well you can see I am stalling the bearing regrease . Too windy today and not in the mood . Is this the measurements you needed? I don't know about adding the Dicor you can see the table top sits nice on the Springflied but it is your call . pat
Old 03-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Ross Flat floor to top of dinette without cushions !8 in
Top of platform to top of all my cushions 20 5/8 in
Platform height is 4 in
Extra cushion the grey is 2 in Someday want to get new seat cushions at least 6 in thick .
Well you can see I am stalling the bearing regrease . Too windy today and not in the mood . Is this the measurements you needed? I don't know about adding the Dicor you can see the table top sits nice on the Springflied but it is your call . pat
I checked measurement of platform floor to total height of cushions yes from platform to top of cushions 20 5/8. From flat floor to top of cushions 24 3/4 in . Pat
Old 03-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #13

Quote:

First pic is measurement from floor to table . Sorry i was describing other pics and made it confusing . Pat
Old 03-26-2016, 05:06 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Reace installed my table while I was making the final payment. Rae did my orientation and when I commented on the height of the benches (because of table), she insisted they were the same as the raised floor version. So I thought I must have measured the classic incorrectly.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:47 PM   #15

Just spoke with Jeff Sbirt @ Dicor and he is not familiar with any need for shimming the table for a 22" height bench seat, however when I explained what Captamth did he agreed that would be fine. I know Jim Bennett is considering the Dicor and wondering if he has any thoughts of this mounting consideration.

From Dicor: "Table top slides 9.5” in both directions lengthwise and 7.5” in both directions widthwise." Confirmed with Jeff that you can have it fully extended and still lower down, so that means the pedestal doesn't have to be centered in the dinette area and therefore in the case of the u-shape dinette one could slide it more towards the rear when not using it. We're planning to cut down our table, just not sure how much.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Just spoke with Jeff Sbirt @ Dicor and he is not familiar with any need for shimming the table for a 22" height bench seat, however when I explained what Captamth did he agreed that would be fine. I know Jim Bennett is considering the Dicor and wondering if he has any thoughts of this mounting consideration.

From Dicor: "Table top slides 9.5” in both directions lengthwise and 7.5” in both directions widthwise." Confirmed with Jeff that you can have it fully extended and still lower down, so that means the pedestal doesn't have to be centered in the dinette area and therefore in the case of the u-shape dinette one could slide it more towards the rear when not using it. We're planning to cut down our table, just not sure how much.
Hi Ross cut our table down for now until I get some wood and make the (Myron ,Jackson Pollock table )later . I cut 4 in off back and 12 in off front . Like the smaller size , makes trailer look a little bigger and we don't need table that big . Left the side to side so can still lower to ledges for bed . Pat

Tags
dinette, pedestal, table