Dining light with dimmer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2018, 02:53 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Dining light with dimmer

We have a 19' with a U-shaped dinette. We have found that the light above the table is too bright for a quiet evening dinner.

I found these dimmable LED lights that seem to do the trick. I only installed one. Fortunately, I had Escape add a 12v wire into one of the cabinets so I was able to run a wire along the inside of the shelf to power it. Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Obeaming-Dimm...aming+rv&psc=1

You turn it off or on by touching the metal button. If you hold the button it gets brighter or dimmer.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1339.jpg  
Old 10-31-2018, 06:42 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Good find, may use these to replace any under cabinet lights if they go bad. How low can it go?
We carry candles for soft light, but these are safer.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:16 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
I'd say at their brightest they are about half the brightness of the lights over the seats. At their lowest, about half of that.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Check Amazon for a 3piece DC candle set. Would post link, however have a weak signal in 'Bama Hills.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Ross, are you in Alabama Hills area? If so … my favorite place from an early Spring '18 trip. That whole area really grabbed me and is a 'for certain return destination'. I was totally convinced either Lassie or the Lone Ranger would come bounding through a time warp anytime in the next moment. Time warps obviously present. Unfortunately, an epic March storm scared me out of there before I had a chance to look around enough …. 90 mph winds and 5' of snow forecast. I made for Reno as the storm hit and although used to driving in snow had a hard time getting down to Sacramento mostly due to other inexperienced snow drivers.

What's Fall like there? Wish I was there too,

Tom
Old 11-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Josie and I love the light. We ordered two after reading your post. The first one replaced the captains light as you come in the door. We use It at night if Josie goes to bed early to give me a little light to get ready for bed. The second light will replace the center under cabinet light above the table.
Thanks for the post, nice find.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:58 PM   #7
Site Team

oooh, i like those. I might install four of them, all 4 corners... we have those way-too-bright optional reading lights in all 4 corners, and they are just obnoxiously bright for most things... I can probably tap the wiring to the reading lights, and run it to these too, mounted just forward/aft of the readers..
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:59 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
We carry candles for soft light, but these are safer.
I have a bunch of LED candles we use for night lights. the good ones are powered by a CR2032 button battery and last for like 40 hours on a battery (which I buy bulk).
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:39 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
Josie and I love the light. We ordered two after reading your post. The first one replaced the captains light as you come in the door. We use It at night if Josie goes to bed early to give me a little light to get ready for bed. The second light will replace the center under cabinet light above the table.
Thanks for the post, nice find.
I've ordered these lights but we haven't gotten around to installing them. Has anyone used these to replace one of the smaller interior LED lights (not the spotlights) used in the classic trailers? We want to replace the center light above the dinette. Because this round light is smaller than the existing oblong one, I'm wondering if an obvious gap is left behind? I guess I could just remove the existing light to see what's behind it, but I'm not even sure how to do that?
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote