DIY Raised Floor - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
......... Alf is my mentor
We're doomed.
Quote:
The 21 has the water heater under the bed, but know its under a bench in the 5.0TA.
I never realized that. Is the bench there raised due to the moulded profile on the side of the trailer? With that now gone, I wonder if the bench height could be lowered, though it still is there on the rear. Hmmmmm......
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen99 View Post
Does the Dicor pedestal/slide combo also rotate?
Springfield does, but slides in two directions whereas Dicor slides in four but does not rotate.

Edit: I believe Captmath put in a Springfield pedestal with the Dicor 4 way slide, so he has both features. I like the Dicor as you don't have to use clamps for your desired height.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:09 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Springfield does, but slides in two directions whereas Dicor slides in four but does not rotate.

Edit: I believe Captmath put in a Springfield pedestal with the Dicor 4 way slide, so he has both features. I like the Dicor as you don't have to use clamps for your desired height.
Trying to picture all this in my mind since I have neither trailer nor pedestal at this point. Since the Springfield pedestal is only a pedestal and not a slide I guess you mount it to the original Escape slide mechanism (?). In this case, if the slide is side to side normally and you rotate the table 90 degrees the slide will then be front to back. Is that right?
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:

How does it hold position for height without clamps?
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:15 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Trying to picture all this in my mind since I have neither trailer nor pedestal at this point. Since the Springfield pedestal is only a pedestal and not a slide I guess you mount it to the original Escape slide mechanism (?). In this case, if the slide is side to side normally and you rotate the table 90 degrees the slide will then be front to back. Is that right?
Yup ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #26

Quote:
How does it hold position for height without clamps?
Through a lever action: Cosmo Table Pedestal | Dicor Products | Official Website. It is about $80 more than a Springfield. Also, you can only get it from Dicor, which contradicts their website in suggesting you contact your local RV supply.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:32 AM   #27

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Remember the Junebug 'toon? "Everything up his nose"
Sadly, I don't. Lots of memory cells were wiped clean from that period of my life.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 01:54 PM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Ross, very nice work. I am a great fan of R. Crumb and Mr. Natural!
Old 04-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #29

Thanks Leon Being in Skylark let us experience the raised floor and couldn't wait for ETI to do it after the table was done. Now if only that pedestal would ship!
Old 04-10-2016, 08:26 PM   #30

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Looks good Ross, I much agree that the 22" of seat height is too much for good comfort.

One thing though for new folks to watch, wait and consider, is that with the 2017 model, the water heater will not likely need to be tipped for the exterior fact to fit the previous slope of the mould. This will bring the overall height of the seat down a bit. I had discussed this with Reace, but until he gets the new 21 moulds (the same at the rear as the 5.0TA moulds), he won't know just how much height he can save. It still would not hurn to have the converter raised though.

The book does explain a bit about you.

I had a subscription for many years too.
I'm also wondering about all the other dimensional changes above and below the belt line.. With the overall width of the shells remaining constant but straighter walls the top and bottom of the envelope is gaining some useful girth In our compact interiors sometimes every little bit helps Im assuming the counter top depth remains the same but the under bench storage will grow quite a bit with useful extra room especially right a floor level. New inner fibreglass moulds for the bathroom should yield us bigger guys more room for our feet and shoulders in there regardless of which way were pointing in the bathroom

The pictures of the raw interior shell show the carveout for the new awning is probably going to reduce the size of the passenger side overhead cabinets a bit but that is offset by the space potentially gained on the drivers side cabinets.

Im loving all the changes to the moulds that Reece has been consistently making through the years as much as the changes to components like windows and doors. Not a revolution but constantly evolving the most fundamental part of our trailers

I can't wait to see what he has in store for 2018 after he and Tammy have all the 2017 changes squared away
Old 04-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Thanks, Ross. Glad to hear that it will work. I like the idea of recessing the raised floor a bit so it's out of the way for someone working at the stove. I'll ask ETI to do this in our 21.
More importantly standing at the stove and then trying to open the fridge with the floor all the way out to the edge of the dinette would be awkward and I remember ChrisR speaking to this ....had to bring this link up for those who missed it. https://escape440.wordpress.com/2015/11/01/dinette/. Love that curve but that is for those much more skilled
Old 04-11-2016, 08:30 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burloak View Post
I'm also wondering about all the other dimensional changes above and below the belt line.. With the overall width of the shells remaining constant but straighter walls the top and bottom of the envelope is gaining some useful girth In our compact interiors sometimes every little bit helps Im assuming the counter top depth remains the same but the under bench storage will grow quite a bit with useful extra room especially right a floor level. New inner fibreglass moulds for the bathroom should yield us bigger guys more room for our feet and shoulders in there regardless of which way were pointing in the bathroom

The pictures of the raw interior shell show the carveout for the new awning is probably going to reduce the size of the passenger side overhead cabinets a bit but that is offset by the space potentially gained on the drivers side cabinets.

Im loving all the changes to the moulds that Reece has been consistently making through the years as much as the changes to components like windows and doors. Not a revolution but constantly evolving the most fundamental part of our trailers

I can't wait to see what he has in store for 2018 after he and Tammy have all the 2017 changes squared away
How Reace explained it to me when I was out there on Feb 29, was that the point above the side moulding, in the 19 where the bed height would be, would be the same, and it would got straight up and down from there. Not sure what is gained destance wise at the top, but at the bottom there is 2" on each side, so I imagine with the bathroom moulds, you will have the same elbow room, but 2" more foot room.

Any loss of space for the recessed awning is somewhat moot, as it is up so high, it is highly unlikey you will store much up there.

I agree that the new changes are definitely for the best. I know Reace was quite excited for them this past year too, which definitely leads to my confidence in their merit.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote