Double Entry Step - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
There is also a new folding wide platform step that adjusts for several levels, each leg independently, from 6 3/4 " to 8 1/4 ". I've found it especially useful on uneven/sloping ground when I could adjust each leg for max stability.

Adjustable Leg Platform Step - Stromberg Carlson PA-250 - Steps - Camping World

And here's the measurement floor to ground for the 17 high axle: 22.25 inches.
We have had the platform step stool for years even before the Escape trailer so didn't mind to cut it . The most important fix is to not have such a long step coming down . From our floor of trailer to ground was a good 11 in . I even saw a 2 step on little house customs for Casita owners . Some Escape owners have even made their own platform steps . If the distance from trailer to ground is killing your old knees there are solutions . My measurements were taken from trailer floor to ground . That is a nice platform you referenced though . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:36 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We have had the platform step stool for years even before the Escape trailer so didn't mind to cut it . The most important fix is to not have such a long step coming down . From our floor of trailer to ground was a good 11 in . I even saw a 2 step on little house customs for Casita owners . Some Escape owners have even made their own platform steps . If the distance from trailer to ground is killing your old knees there are solutions . My measurements were taken from trailer floor to ground . That is a nice platform you referenced though . Pat
Something else to add the new step fits right in the step angle iron Escape installed on the trailer . It just requires you to unbolt the Escape step but the angle iron attached to the body of the trailer stays . Pat
Old 10-13-2020, 10:12 AM   #43

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Something else to add the new step fits right in the step angle iron Escape installed on the trailer . It just requires you to unbolt the Escape step but the angle iron attached to the body of the trailer stays . Pat
I wish it had been that easy on our 21 when I changed out the single step to the double step. I purchased the exact one ETI uses and I had to move one angle brace over 3/8 of an inch. So much for simple unbolt and bolt on new set up. wonder if the manufacture jig was off that day from weekend of living it up lol.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 03:17 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
I wish it had been that easy on our 21 when I changed out the single step to the double step. I purchased the exact one ETI uses and I had to move one angle brace over 3/8 of an inch. So much for simple unbolt and bolt on new set up. wonder if the manufacture jig was off that day from weekend of living it up lol.

David
I changed out the Escape step and used a new shorter , one to inside trailer . The Escape step was too high and long going in and out . I cut down a aluminum folding step so now we have 2 steps that are the correct distance going in and out . Much safer and our old knees appreciate . Pat