Drawer in the cabinet under the sink in a 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Drawer in the cabinet under the sink in a 21

Decided to put another drawer same as those we have in the closet under the sink; problem is that ETI ran the cold water supply line up to the sink a bit crooked; had to notch out my riser to let the drawer clear the line by 1/16th inch. Riser makes room for storing the pizza/cookie sheet (we have an oven) and the folded table cloth we use on campsite tables. Molded drawer clears the cabinet door by less than an inch and the hinge side by less than 1/8th inch; tight fit but it works well.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0694.jpg   IMG_0696.jpg   IMG_0697.jpg  

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
It never fails to amaze me what innovative people there are on this forum! Nicely done
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I like the sliding shelf concept for the space under the sink and plan on implementing a similar concept for mine. However, I want to maximize the height and width of the objects that I store in that space, so I would go with baskets rather than shelves, and I would eliminate the cookie tray storage area at the bottom.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I love sliding shelves (or drawers). I get so tired of getting down on my hands and knees or unloading a cabinet to get to what's at the back. I own an Escape build! It's going to eventually be outfitted with everything for convenience and use. The "pantry" in a 5er is DEEP, rollin' something 'er other is definitely going in there.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I love sliding shelves (or drawers). I get so tired of getting down on my hands and knees or unloading a cabinet to get to what's at the back. I own an Escape build! It's going to eventually be outfitted with everything for convenience and use. The "pantry" in a 5er is DEEP, rollin' something 'er other is definitely going in there.
Well you could always visit and putz with the drawers. My shop (RV Widget Works) is at my home and the 21 lives indoors.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 11-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Donna, you may want to consider a sliding basket system like this. Low cost, and easy to install.

I use this system in my pantry and under the sink for pots and pans.

Steve
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #7
Site Team

Steve, your system is one that I've bookmarked! The pantry in a 5er is wider than the 19' closet. The big thing I've noticed, is all the available "drawers" is they're short compared to the available space. YES Charlie can build the containers, but it's the hardware that is IMPOSSIBLE to find. I need "bottom mount" slides. Google HAS not been my friend, unless I want to spend about $100 for each. Has anyone found metal hardware with bottom slides reasonably priced... longer than 20" and no wider than 18"?

This is about the closest I can find: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...2&site=ROCKLER
Old 11-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Wifey hated basket system in an earlier trailer. She's into full extension drawers. Has a 36 inch long for her clothes under the bed of our 21.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 11-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #9

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Steve, your system is one that I've bookmarked! The pantry in a 5er is wider than the 19' closet. The big thing I've noticed, is all the available "drawers" is they're short compared to the available space. YES Charlie can build the containers, but it's the hardware that is IMPOSSIBLE to find. I need "bottom mount" slides. Google HAS not been my friend, unless I want to spend about $100 for each. Has anyone found metal hardware with bottom slides reasonably priced... longer than 20"?
'

Donna, the slide out basket under the sink is a powder-coated metal basket I mounted on a heavy metal drawer glide secured with numerous heavy tie wraps...all purchased at The Container Store. I just measured the sliding container dimensions I needed then went a lookin...
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:29 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Quote:
Steve, your system is one that I've bookmarked! The pantry in a 5er is wider than the 19' closet. The big thing I've noticed, is all the available "drawers" is they're short compared to the available space. YES Charlie can build the containers, but it's the hardware that is IMPOSSIBLE to find. I need "bottom mount" slides. Google HAS not been my friend, unless I want to spend about $100 for each. Has anyone found metal hardware with bottom slides reasonably priced... longer than 20" and no wider than 18"?

This is about the closest I can find: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...2&site=ROCKLER
You looked at these?
Includes the drawer for $60 or less including shipping. Very nice product; I used the couple inches at the rear behind each drawer for a detent to secure each during travel.

PLACE ORDER FOR KITCHEN DRAWERS- ROLL OUT KITCHEN DRAWERS INC.

www.RVWidgetWorks.com
Old 11-25-2014, 12:45 AM   #11

Trailer: No more Escape 21
Donna, these drawers that Charlie used are also in Tom's (TAFraser) 21 and in our 21. I saw these drawers in Tom's 21 at the NOG and liked. Besides putting them in the Escape, I also put four in our house.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #12
Site Team

I've seen those Charlie, thanks.