DryMesh Order - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2017, 06:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
DryMesh Order

I'm able to order DryMesh directly from Marine Bedding in England. The person I've been in contact with,
Tim Cheetham <tim@marinebedding.co.uk>, says they do not have a U.S. distributor since it's a relatively small part of their annual sales, especially abroad. The cost of the product and shipping in USD, at todays exchange rate, is approximatly $114. I'd asked Tim what the delivery method and shipping time might be, but that was not in his email this morning.

The IKEA Lonset slatted bed base is $70, plus the time it would take to modify and install it, and I really don't want to give up the use of the access door under the mattress. The extra $44 is worth it to me. And I'm not convinced that HyperVent, at almost $12 per foot from a 39" roll from Fisheries Supplies, is the best use for us.

Does anyone know of some other material that would help with condensation and still allow us to use the access door under the bed?

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
We have had dry mesh for almost 4 years and I love it. What we are using is now on its 2nd camper. If it was me I would order it for the few extra dollars.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
HI Gary,
I had HyperVent under the full time rear bed in our 17B.
When we bought the 21, I decided to try the DryMesh that someone posted a U.S. source for here on the forum....

I prefer the HyperVent - it's thicker and stiffer, which leads me to think it allows more air circulation (not that I have any issues with the DryMesh). Another advantage to HyperVent for me is there is a source here in Marysville - although it looks like two 5 foot pieces would qualify for free shipping from Fisheries Supply.

I was shocked at how high the last shipping quote I got for trailer parts from the U.K.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
HI Gary,
I had HyperVent under the full time rear bed in our 17B.
When we bought the 21, I decided to try the DryMesh that someone posted a U.S. source for here on the forum....

I prefer the HyperVent - it's thicker and stiffer, which leads me to think it allows more air circulation (not that I have any issues with the DryMesh). Another advantage to HyperVent for me is there is a source here in Marysville - although it looks like two 5 foot pieces would qualify for free shipping from Fisheries Supply.

I was shocked at how high the last shipping quote I got for trailer parts from the U.K.
Paul,

From Fisheries supply website: "HyperVent is a 39" wide x 3/4" thick lightweight polymer mesh..." The price they show is $11.40/ft, so for a Full XL, we would need two pieces 6 ft long (so we can use it for the outside wall) for a total of $136.80 which makes it slightly more expensive than DryMesh.

I've never used HyperVent, but from my understanding the edges can be a bit scratchy? And how rigid is the HyperVent? But I want the best solution that will still allow us to use the hatch on our bed, so I'm open to possibilities!

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Gary,
The mattress in a 21 is 54 x 80 so I would tape two 39" pieces together and live with it being a little short - or piece in some of the extra I trim off to get the 54" width.
The mattress in our 17 covered the one edge that was open so the scratchiness wasn't an issue.
H.Vent is flexible enough that you could still lift the hatch in the bed platform if you cut a slit to match the opening. With the D.Mesh, I slit the material to match the opening and tacked it in place with a few staples - it wants to shift more than the H.Vent.

Now that I've made my case for HyperVent, one nice thing about DryMesh is you can wrap it up the sides of the mattress to keep it off the walls.... can't do that with the H.Vent...

When do you pick up your trailer? You could wait until you can see both....I wouldn't sorry about condensation until cold weather....
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Hypervent is quite scratchy, but pretty flexible. No problem with it bending easily to access a 21 bed hatch (just did some underbed drawer installs yesterday.)Lifting up the mattress is a bigger issue.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 06:55 AM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There was a recent thread on an alternative, some construction covering, available at Home Depot and economical. I can't put my finger on it right now but once found I'll post.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:00 AM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There was a recent thread on an alternative, some construction covering, available at Home Depot and economical. I can't put my finger on it right now but once found I'll post.
This one? Direct link: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...tml#post189709
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:04 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, thanks Donna, my coffee has not kicked in and I'm getting ready for a bar b que today.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, thanks Donna, my coffee has not kicked in and I'm getting ready for a bar b que today.
Hi: cpaharley2008... Yummm!!! BBQ'd Turkey, but there's no gravy for poutine. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote