During build/after build mods - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2016, 08:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Exactly how it looks on our build sheet. Actually seeing your build pictures reminded me to add it.
Nice to know I'm not totally worthless.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 09:29 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
.... Did someone say that they were able to have Escape omit the roof opening and vent assembly for the refrigerator, in a trailer to be equipped with a compressor-type refrigerator?
Santiago had the fridge omitted and said the roof bump was there as part of the mold, however he instructed them not to cut an opening for the vent.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:02 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
The lack of roof area without compound curves is an issue for mounting flexible panels directly to the roof.
It seems you missed this, and repeated things. Age will do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
....though Reace pointed out the one time he did it dealing with compound curves posed a bit of a problem.
Quote:
Also, the lack of height above the roof will make shading problems even worse than with conventionally mounted panels.
I really doubt the 2" height difference (the approximate height of the fixed panel off the roof) would make hardly any difference at all.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:13 PM   #24

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
It seems you missed this, and repeated things. Age will do that.
I was responding to your comment, with a constructive suggestion. I thought the context was obvious, since I mentioned looking forward to your findings when you check this as you mentioned you would. Sorry for failing to credit you explicitly.

Quote:
I really doubt the 2" height difference (the approximate height of the fixed panel off the roof) would make hardly any difference at all.
That's about half the height of the MaxxFan; I think it will make a difference. Maybe not.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape 17B - Sept 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
Our off sheet extras include:
Dual exterior showers
Battery monitor wiring
Solar port for 3rd (portable) panel
Switch and wire to front box for later use
Vents in all cabinets and benches
Couple questions on items listed in response #8 of this thread:
Where is the shower located on the door side? Did you lose interior storage with the doorside shower?

Battery monitor wiring - ? What monitor did you install?

What solar port did you choose? Zamp or ?

Switch and wire to front box - future uses?

Why vents in all the cabinets and benches?
parfsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #26

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfsten View Post
Couple questions on items listed in response #8 of this thread:

Where is the shower located on the door side? Did you lose interior storage with the doorside shower?

Battery monitor wiring - ? What monitor did you install?

What solar port did you choose? Zamp or ?

Switch and wire to front box - future uses?

Why vents in all the cabinets and benches?

The dual-sides shower setup has yet to be built (we have a 19 on order) so can't answer for sure on that yet, although i can say that it will take up a modicum of cabinet space, but if it's like the one on our 17 it won't take much.

Battery monitor will be a Bogart Trimetric. I bought one for the 17, but before installation we decided on the 19, so it will go there instead.

We have an SAE power port on our 17 that we hook up to our Renogy briefcase panel, but on the 19 I'm going to have a waterproof 30A receptacle (female) installed in the trailer shell. Combined with a male 30A plug at the solar panel itself I can then use our normal 50' 30A extension cord for either shore power or for solar power, and no way to accidentally plug shore power into the solar port as they're both female plugs.

Switch and wire to front box are so I can install a female 7 pin receptacle in front box exterior so when parked we can plug the umbilical into the box, and then use switch in trailer interior to turn trailer running lights on or off. Also a good way to keep the plug out of the dirt. Details on the simple wiring for the receptacle part are elsewhere on the forum. Hardest part of this mod is running the wire from front box to interior, which is why I'm having ETI do it.

Vents in all benches and cabinets are to promote air circulation and reduce condensation in cold weather in particular.

Cheers,
Scott