E21 Boondock ready with supplemental 20gal water tank - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2019, 02:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I generally carry one or two 'water cooler' style 5G water bottles for drinking water, along with a "Dolphin" brand pump dispenser..... when my trailer water tanks have run low, I've filled the 'empty' one at the campground spigots and pumped it into the trailer tank, using a piece of 1/2" clear vinyl hose to go from the Dolphin to the tank filler inlet... 3 rounds of this is 15 more gallons in the tank.

Yup those Dolphin pumps are great ! Carry one or two 3gal containers from home for our drinking water . Have Additional,also 20 gal 2 ,6gal, 1 ,5 gal and 1 ,3 gal for adding to fresh as needed . Even use the Dolphin with our water when we have hookups . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:28 PM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Wow, love the shared information here at this forum. That Dolphin pump looks great. Will be looking into that as an add on.

Boondocking season is upon us. I am ready for more trips to the BLM desert.

I also realized that my autocomplete types dessert when I meant desert in my past post. Haha. You folks know exactly what i meant. Thanks.
E Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:28 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
My grandson goes with us on some longer trips. He’s a good kid but could live in a shower if you’d throw him a sandwich once in a while. So when he takes a shower we manage the pump for him. He calls out “water on”or “water off” and one of us hits the switch. Once he gets his temp right, it’s good for the whole shower and he doesn’t have to mess with the button or the handles. As previously mentioned we do the following
1. Decant grey water into the black water tank for extra capacity.
2. Carry extra jugs which we fill in the last place we stop before camping if we sense a need.
3. Are happy when there’s a campground sign allowing us to drain grey water into the brush.
Iowa Dave
How do you move water from grey to black tanks? We often fill the grey tank first.
sailor231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor231 View Post
How do you move water from grey to black tanks? We often fill the grey tank first.
The kitchen sink is how we do it . Have a dishpan in sink when without hookups and use that water to flush the toilet with instead of fresh . Pat
Old 11-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #25

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I have a cap on the grey water drain that has a small cap that will accommodate a regular garden hose fitting. I have a short piece of garden hose with a quarter turn ball valve on it. I use a one gallon ice cream bucket and open the grey tank drain valve, fill the bucket. Shut the quarter turn valve and my wife goes around the camper and dumps the grey water in the toilet. With two buckets I can keep her pretty busy. And it only takes a few minutes to pull off ten or 12 gallons. In some state parks they have grey water receptacles where you can dump buckets of grey water. I did this at Salt Fork State Park in Ohio one week. I don’t do this real often but about once or twice a season it’s handy and saves me from having to go to the dump station in mid week.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
The kitchen sink is how we do it . Have a dishpan in sink when without hookups and use that water to flush the toilet with instead of fresh . Pat
Also have the valve cap you can attach regular hose to and if campgrounds etc. allow open grey handle and empty grey . Carry 2 hoses that are marked one is only for fresh and the other is marked sewer . We use the hose marked for sewer which for us only means not for fresh . Pat
Old 11-04-2019, 05:30 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
In those areas that allow, one can use an airstream bucket to dissipate the grey water. It is an old bucket with holes in the bottom...never fills up....
Old 11-06-2019, 07:41 AM   #28

Trailer: Future 5.0 owner
I was planning on keeping a bladder tank in front of the 5th wheel, that way I can fill up while I'm out and about. . Where are your other batteries moved to?
TexanAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:32 AM   #29

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Ticket View Post
Just installed a 20 gal. tank on the port side of E Ticket. It is filled via the shore pressured side of the water system separated with a ball valve. I used the winterizing port and diverter valve to access this tank. So I would deplete this 20 gal tank first and switch to the main tank afterwards.
Nice work. For those of us that cold weather camp diverting to an inside tank would prove useful. If you drain and isolate the outside shower (would need to add ball valves and a low point drain helps too) everything else is inside the shell and stays heated. This aux tank would allow you to maintain use of fresh water system if desired. If you try to use the outdoor tank the exposed pickup tube freezes solid. Maybe the underfloor insulation delays this a bit but it will eventually freeze if exposed to weather cold enough for long enough duration. Of course you still need to deal with the gray water produced.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #30

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Johnny,
Can the e-z-winterizing valve be used for winterizing? Is there room next to the tank for a gallon antifreeze container? Can't tell from the pictures. Did you get the foam option on the stock tank?
Old 11-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #31

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17B
I will wish my 17B had an extra tank. With only 20 gallons and 3 dogs that I take to sheepdog trials, I tend to run low....and I have never used the shower. And I use paper plates, so very little dishwashing either.
Sheepdogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:50 PM   #32

Hi TexanAviator,

The lifepo4 is on the starboard side and the new 20ga tank is on the port side under my E21 u-dinette benches.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:20 AM   #33

cpaharley2008,

I live in southern California. Fortunately for us, we don't have to deal with winterizing. I used that 3-way valve to splice in the 20gal axillary tank using a 1/2" T.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

There is a ball valve that is after a T, which is T'd off the shore high pressure line. That's how I fill the axillary tank. I can also transfer water from the main tank to the axillary tank by manipulating the ball valve and the 3-way valve. The vent or overflow on the top of the axillary tank is T'd and spliced in to the existing vent/overflow line.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:27 AM   #34

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-07-2019, 12:45 AM   #35

cpaharley2008

I did get the spray foam. Nice to have, but now realizing that accessing the tanks for repairs or mods are problematic.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:57 AM   #36

[IMG][/IMG]

I don't have a gallon jug, but there is 7" to spare. There is a nice gap on the other side where the shore power comes in. Because I wanted to land all my frame wood screws in the plywood subfloor, I recessed the tank away from the side and the rear.

[IMG][/IMG]