Electric A-frame jack on sale - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Old 06-25-2016, 03:20 PM   #11
Trailer: 2016 21 Escape, 2002 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Yes, it is set up so you unplug the trailer from the tug and plug the jack in instead. I suppose the logic is that you only run the jack when unhitching or hitching up, and installation with no wiring work is appealing.

As an alternative, the 7-pin plug on the jack's cord could be changed to a 7-pin socket, to plug into the trailer's cable so the jack would run from the trailer's battery.

I would rather wire the jack to the trailer, so it can use the trailer's battery when the trailer is unplugged, and power from the tug when the trailer is plugged into the tug.
This looks like an advantage to people like me. Against Dennis' advice we are going with the manual jack thinking we could go power later if needed. Then I learned I think from you, Brian, that #10 wire needs to be pre-wired on the trailer if you want to install an after market power jack at a later date. Looks like this arrangement would let me use the TV as the power source. Too late for the wiring. Our 21 has moved on to Quality Control. July 11 pickup date.

We did get the Jack E-UP to install on the manual jack if needed for tailgate clearance. Looks like it would work on this unit as well.

(“You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.” ― Ogden Nash)
blue_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:24 PM   #12
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Ian, it looks like this one has a 7-pin cord so it's used while connected to the tow vehicle?
Yes it comes with a 7 pin that you can plug into the vehicle trailer plug, but you just cut that off and wire it directly to the trailer 12V system

Ian & Joan
2014 Escape 19' & 1974 Custom Boler "Buttercup"
Escape Key Chains at our Camping Treasures web store || www.Proud-Canadian.com blog
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #13
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Looks like this is actually made by Stromberg Carlson, and is similar to their Jet 3500 series jacks. It's sold under a couple of other names as well, like Bighorn and XPW.

3500 lbs Electric Power Tongue Jack RV Boat Jet Ski A Frame Trailer camper 12V A | eBay

If it has Stromberg Carlson parts, those have a good reputation for reliability.
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #14
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
It could be made by anyone; it does look largely like the Stromberg Carlson, and more closely like the ones Robert linked. "Pro Point" is the better of Princess Auto's two house brands, and the manual (available on Princess Auto's website) is thoroughly branded for them, with no indication of the manufacturer.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote