Electric Jack Model? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I've camped in an all molded towable for a number of years in all kinds of campgrounds. I've heard slides moving in/out, jacks going up and down, etc., etc., etc., To ME, none of that is as annoying as someone who owns a barking dog and doesn't do anything about it. YMMV.

So see... it's about what you think is noisy.
I agree with Donna about barking dogs. Another annoying noise (that we are usually lucky to avoid by traveling mostly during months when school is in session) can be kids yelling and screaming all day and evening as if there are no other people around. For some reason, some parents seems to think that campgrounds are the same as playgrounds in terms of how they ask their kids to behave.

(Severe topic drift alert!)

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, May 2014
Talking

Thanks for all the replies...especially those that also included information about electric jack models! It looks like I'm headed toward an Atwood model that is probably way overkill but should do the trick nicely at a fair price and no shipping charges from etrailer.com.

I'll try to keep use in campgrounds to a minimum, especially if I begin to hear dogs barking, neighbors mumbling, or answers delivered in signals sent in morse code by way of generators being switched on and off ...

Thanks again!
Fletch
Fletch Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Jacks & Dogs: love the electric jack, however we cannot lift our tailgate unless perfectly square to trailer. Dogs: have one, doesn't bark, except for the UPS guy. Not FedEx or USPS- go figure. Call Animal Control at home and Camp Host when there. Letting it go just empowers or continues the ignorance of the problem.
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam n Fletch San Jose CA View Post
Thanks for all the replies...especially those that also included information about electric jack models! It looks like I'm headed toward an Atwood model that is probably way overkill but should do the trick nicely at a fair price and no shipping charges from etrailer.com.

I'll try to keep use in campgrounds to a minimum, especially if I begin to hear dogs barking, neighbors mumbling, or answers delivered in signals sent in morse code by way of generators being switched on and off ...

Thanks again!
Fletch
I put an Atwood "shortie" jack on my 21 and it clears my lowered Taco tailgate by a full 1/4 inch!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
See here for my solution, simple,,,,,http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ruck-4545.html
Old 11-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21, May 2014
Where to Connect Power?

I purchased an Atwood electric jack and it looks like the mechanical installation will be a breeze. However, the power wire for the jack appears to be 8 or 10 gauge wire and the installation instructions say to connect it directly to the battery. This will not be easy on my 21 as the batteries are located inside at the rear of the trailer.

Anyone out there install an electric jack on a 21? If so, where did you connect to power? I know there is a junction box with the 7 way plug connected to power in the storage are under the bed. Can I splice into that 12volt power source without harming anything?

Thanks in advance!

Fletch
Fletch Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam n Fletch San Jose CA View Post
I purchased an Atwood electric jack and it looks like the mechanical installation will be a breeze. However, the power wire for the jack appears to be 8 or 10 gauge wire and the installation instructions say to connect it directly to the battery. This will not be easy on my 21 as the batteries are located inside at the rear of the trailer.

Anyone out there install an electric jack on a 21? If so, where did you connect to power? I know there is a junction box with the 7 way plug connected to power in the storage are under the bed. Can I splice into that 12volt power source without harming anything?

Thanks in advance!

Fletch
I believe that is where the electric jack on my 21 is connected; ETI installed that.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:50 AM   #28

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Electric jack

I mounted the circuit breaker under a cover between the gas bottles so it was also protected by the bottle cover and then spliced into the heavy lead that plugs into the TV. One wire in the cable is about #8 or 10 and is hot all of the time, must go to the battery in the trailer. Works fine for the 4500# jack and saves my shoulder as I use the jack to lift the jeep after connecting to ensure I am attached and to help connect the Anderson hitch. I should have put the jack on much earlier.
Jack of Tucson
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
as a heads up for people shopping:

amazon has the Jack Quick 3500B for US$122 or C$125, which is the lowest I have seen it.

looks like only one Escaper has this model?
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote