Electric jack on 19 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Does someone have the ETI installed Electric Jack option where we can see how they set it up?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Does someone have the ETI installed Electric Jack option where we can see how they set it up?
What part of the "set-up" do you want to see? Ours is factory ETI, here are pics without the propane cover in place. SInce the jack just bolts into the coupler ETI does not have any real way to change the installation. A lot of the discussion here is that when you have the front box, the propane tanks and an electric jack in such a small area the motor housing on the jack pushes the propane cover back slightly which then interferes with the box lid. I installed a slightly more streamlined propane tank cover which does not interfere.

Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:07 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Part of the reason we got the Atwood Premier. It fits perfectly, its quiet, has a ball bearing drive, a robofoot, manual override, bubble level, lights, and no cutting of the tank cover.
I had the storage box and propane cover infront of the trailer. I followed Robert's mod and installed the Atwood Premier 4K electric jack yesterday. It fitted perfectly. The motor assembly is just slightly half an inch above the propane cover and does not touch anything. Thank you Robert for sharing your mod.

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonny LR View Post
The motor assembly is just slightly half an inch above the propane cover and does not touch anything. Thank you Robert for sharing your mod.
You're welcome Tonny. I think it's because the post is about 2" taller than most. Anyway, glad you're as happy with it as we are.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Quote:
You're welcome Tonny. I think it's because the post is about 2" taller than most. Anyway, glad you're as happy with it as we are.
Curse you Robert .. that is what I get for getting mine built just before yours. Wish I did some of your upgrades
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:25 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Curse you Robert .. that is what I get for getting mine built just before yours. Wish I did some of your upgrades
There is always your next Escape.......
Old 07-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #27
Site Team

If anyone had told me yesterday that Ian (master craftsman of all things mod) would be jealous of one of my fledgling efforts, I'd have said they were crazy..
Old 07-11-2015, 06:06 PM   #28

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
If anyone had told me yesterday that Ian (master craftsman of all things mod) would be jealous of one of my fledgling efforts, I'd have said they were crazy..
We should have him post pictures of "Buttercup". Under its own topic of course.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape
Robert and Tonny
Do you feel that you have adequate ground clearance with the robofoot attachment ?
Old 07-12-2015, 11:51 AM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
Robert and Tonny
Do you feel that you have adequate ground clearance with the robofoot attachment ?

I'm not completely sure. The foot does hang down a bit from the hitch when retracted, and mine doesn't actually come up to 90 degrees- more like 80. I'm thinking a bungee strap to keep it tied up high when I'm underway. If that doesn't work out, I'll probably just retrofit it with a drop leg.

The other concern is when the campsite slopes upward in the front. Normally you'd just crank the tongue way down to achieve level. With the robofoot, you're slightly more limited in how far down it can go. I'll be trying it out in a few spots and see if it poses a problem or not.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:35 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Robert and Tonny
We DO NOT have room on our 2013 15. It wouldn't even be close to level on our slightly sloped driveway. We LOVE the jack(Atwood 3000). The foot also as stated does not retract to 90 degrees. On our 15 it would be the lowest hanging item in the hitch area. So.... We have a Robo Foot we'd let go cheap that will be a better fit on a 19 or 21 and will fit any jack with the two left to right holes on the extended post.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:54 PM   #32

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
We DO NOT have room on our 2013 15. It wouldn't even be close to level on our slightly sloped driveway. We LOVE the jack(Atwood 3000). The foot also as stated does not retract to 90 degrees. On our 15 it would be the lowest hanging item in the hitch area.
I'm not surprised. The smallest trailers (of any brand) typically have quite low tongue height, and don't need this sort of hardware, which was invented for the larger "trailer on stilts" style that has become common.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:57 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I'm not surprised. The smallest trailers (of any brand) typically have quite low tongue height, and don't need this sort of hardware, which was invented for the larger "trailer on stilts" style that has become common.

I agree. Just looking at its design, it's clearly for a larger trailer with a higher tongue. One trip will let me know if it works on my 19.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:26 PM   #34

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Our 3000 model with Robo Foot towed just fine behind our Frontier. As for upslopes, the foot does pose a small problem. However, the foot can be removed without tools (just a clip to remove a pin) or, although I haven't tried it yet, it looks as if the foot can be held in an upright position while lowering the jack. This would effectively shorten the jack plenty. But like I said, I haven't tried that yet.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #35

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
It came with the jack, I didn't order it and really didn't expect to use it, just thought I would try it and pass on my experiences with it to the forum. Couldn't find the jack without the inclusion of the Robofoot. I like the idea and if I had a bigger trailer, it would make a nice addition.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #36

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by techfan View Post
... just thought I would try it an pass on my conclusions to the forum.
... which is appreciated!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 02:07 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Quote:
Robert and Tonny
Hello Bob,
I selected not to use the robofoot. I used 6" detachable caster wheel or 6" foot plate with pin. The robofoot is 11" tall and my top of trailer tongue height is 19". I assume that it will have enough ground clearance. I have not try to attach the robofoot to the jack.

Tonny
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:22 PM   #38

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Huh....I had the Atwood 3000 installed by ETI (delivered in November), but there was no robofoot that came with it. I'm not sure I'd use it anyway, I prefer the yellow cone to keep the jack movement to a minimum. I do carry a wheel and a foot plate also.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #39

Trailer: Escape
I inquired about buying the Atwood 3000 and 4000 without the robofoot.

Hello Robert,
It is only soldwith the robo foot.The unit could beused without it and by just putting a standard foot on it, but that will loseabout 5 inches off the total travel of the jack.Thank you. Jeff