Electric Powered RV Mast - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2016, 10:27 AM   #101

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Eric, you might have a look at Furrion's web site. They have some nice, but expensive, utility points. I like this one.

Oliver uses a lot of Furrion stuff in their trailer, but looking at their website and trying to find a dealer, I am never sure how real their stuff is. But maybe looking at marine supply places would be good
Old 04-11-2016, 10:32 AM   #102

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Eric, you might have a look at Furrion's web site. They have some nice, but expensive, utility points. I like this one.
Wow - are those made out of gold?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #103

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post

Oliver uses a lot of Furrion stuff in their trailer, but looking at their website and trying to find a dealer, I am never sure how real their stuff is. But maybe looking at marine supply places would be good
I found the same thing with Furrion, Leon. In that their product is hard to find for sale, at least to Canada. I had been looking at buying one of their AC connectors for the Trillium I am rebuilding, but gave up.

They do have plastic ones that are cheaper than the metal ones.
TV INLET MINITURE NON-METALLIC - SQUARE WHITE - FURRION
Though, I bet one could fit a couple connectors in the larger one.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:38 AM   #104

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19'
Those Furrion receptacles look nice. They are available on Amazon US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Daubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #105

Furrion definitely has improved their sales network over 18 months ago when I was considering them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-11-2016, 10:55 AM   #106

Trailer: 2020 21C
Did you see this Jack antenna on Amazon. I think it is the same as the one Escape installs but for a pole install. I don't know about FM reception doesn't mention.
http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Qualit...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Info also from King website: KING Jack Head | KING
nrthwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:00 AM   #107

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
That's the one I've been considering switching to. It's that or the round one. Wish I had side by side comparisons of performance. The round one has the advantage of being easier to mount on a pole. More research required.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #108

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
That's the one I've been considering switching to. It's that or the round one. Wish I had side by side comparisons of performance. The round one has the advantage of being easier to mount on a pole. More research required.

Ron
You can buy them both and give us all a performance report! So far I'm leaning toward the round one since it is all ready for USB power and that's easy to provide from 12V. But maybe since Reace already uses the Jack, the ones he installs are 12v powered? Anybody with one know?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #109

This MAY be the correct connector to connect a 50 ohm cell booster antenna coax cable to, bring it into the trailer and connect to the booster amp inside the trailer. I'm thinking it could just replace the TV type coax on that duplex one I posted above and have a very simple sealed connection for both the TV and cell booster inputs. (Leon is looking into other cable type solutions too.) Amphenol Connex Part Number 172124
Attached Thumbnails
41rTNe55FGL.jpg  

Old 04-12-2016, 01:08 PM   #110

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
This MAY be the correct connector to connect a 50 ohm cell booster antenna coax cable to, bring it into the trailer and connect to the booster amp inside the trailer. I'm thinking it could just replace the TV type coax on that duplex one I posted above and have a very simple sealed connection for both the TV and cell booster inputs. (Leon is looking into other cable type solutions too.) Amphenol Connex Part Number 172124
Amphenol 172124
That's definitely 50 ohms, and it is a bulkhead connector so it is suitable for feeding a signal through a panel (such as the trailer wall). It is a Type N (Neill) connector, so it's suitable if that's what is one your cables. "N" and "TNC" (Threaded Neill-Concelman) connectors are similar, but are not the same, so if your cables are TNC this won't work.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #111

So for the cables that are TNC, then these should be the right ones: TNC Bulkhead
Attached Thumbnails
51zCyNknNtL._SL1349_.jpg  

Old 04-12-2016, 09:50 PM   #112

So it seems the existing cable receptacle can be swapped with different bulkheads to accommodate various antennae.

Has anyone come across an appropriate rj45 receptacle that is suitable for outdoors?

Old 04-13-2016, 01:29 AM   #113
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
So it seems the existing cable receptacle can be swapped with different bulkheads to accommodate various antennae.

Has anyone come across an appropriate rj45 receptacle that is suitable for outdoors?

Sean, something like the one in this photo would probably work. The screw cap has a hole designed to pass a thicker cable through, either a CAT5e or a CAT6, so the thickness of the cable makes a watertight seal against the hole in the cap. You just plug in to the RJ45 Jack and screw it down. On the other end you push it through a suitable sized hole and use the nut on the inside of the trailer to secure it. Then, just plug a patch cord into the inside RJ45 and run it to your switch/router. When you're underway, the cap with the cable running through it is replaced with a cap that has no hole.

There are other types like the one in the 2nd photo, which just has a simple cap attached with a chain so you don't lose it.
Attached Thumbnails
530963836_292.jpg   30x8-72000_02.jpg  
Old 04-13-2016, 06:39 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubsy View Post
Has anyone come across an appropriate rj45 receptacle that is suitable for
A few different solutions to see on this page.
YT-RJ45 Connector | Cnlinko
Old 04-13-2016, 12:06 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Sean, something like the one in this photo would probably work. The screw cap has a hole designed to pass a thicker cable through, either a CAT5e or a CAT6, so the thickness of the cable makes a watertight seal against the hole in the cap. You just plug in to the RJ45 Jack and screw it down. On the other end you push it through a suitable sized hole and use the nut on the inside of the trailer to secure it. Then, just plug a patch cord into the inside RJ45 and run it to your switch/router. When you're underway, the cap with the cable running through it is replaced with a cap that has no hole.

There are other types like the one in the 2nd photo, which just has a simple cap attached with a chain so you don't lose it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
A few different solutions to see on this page.
YT-RJ45 Connector | Cnlinko
Either of those would work well. I found the Cnlinko ones on ebay. Very fair price compared to some other connectors I have seen.