Electrical Monitoring System Installation (Surge Protector) - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Re: Electrical Monitoring System Installation (Surge Protector)

Harold, thank you for the Duo-therm info as we do not have that. We have A/C installation and operating instructions without a word on the delay. We were not installing it, however. We are not electricity gurus such as yourself so would not know a jumper from anything. Looked at the circuit board and do not see anything that seems it might be for the delay. I do have photos of everything electrical. Will have to have someone check it out to make sure the installer didn't forget the delay.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

question for Harold and Cathy,
Is the shelf shown in both your installs standard in the Escape under seat area? I'm planning on installing my EMS as soon as my 19' arrives home. I've installed one before in another trailer so I'm familiar with the install procedure but not where it is located issues. Will I need to obtain some wood shown where you installed the unit? Is the existing wire long enough? Maybe ask Reace to leave some slack in the converter install to make it easier? Thanks for any help...
Old 06-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #23

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19

The plywood was already there in my trailer, I think it covers part of the black water tank. If you have the detachable power cord, you will already have 10/2 Romex wire going from the socket mounted on the side of the trailer to my breaker panel. I just cut the existing wire and hooked it up to the EMS and then bought another piece from Home Depot to go from the EMS to the panel. The service is 120v 30A so the wire has to be 10 gauge.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Inverter Remote Switch and EMS Monitor

Mounted my remote inverter switch and EMS monitor today. When I ordered my 5.0TA I had ETI connect the switch and monitor, but leave under bench so I could mount later in locations I would prefer over stock locations.

Pictures pretty much show how the cable was run, the rear PS side was easy as there was an access port on the side. Not so on the DS which took a bit more effort, but overall easy. Just took time!
Attached Thumbnails
1_DSC_2072.JPG   2_DSC_2071.jpg   3_DSC_2068.jpg   4_DSC_2067.jpg   5_DSC_2074.jpg  

1_DSC_2075.jpg  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote