Endura Vent without cutting the fiberglass - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Endura Vent without cutting the fiberglass

I just installed the SAM-1 vent upgrade. I love the air movement but not as quiet as I would have thought. Anyway, I also wanted to install my Endura range vent but I did not want to cut the fiberglass.

So, I put the two vents together. I installed the SAM fan on the inside (like others have done), then I used that aluminum tape to seal off the vent to outside (see pics). Now the modification began with fitting the SAM vent to the thickness of the camper. I had to cut the flange about ½ an inch on the bottom and about 5/8 of an inch on the top (see pic) to match the sexy curves on my classic Escape.

The Endura vent will fit over the SAM vent with some modifications. So, I took off the flange on the Endura (see pic), I also wanted the holes to line up so I cut some plastic on the upper inside part of the Endura where the two vents touched (see pic). Once I removed the plastic the 10 holes on the two vents lined up easily.

The install after that is pretty straight forward. I put ProFlex around the Sam vent and in the screw holes, then I lined up the screw holes of the Endura and put and put it on over the SAM vent. Once the screws were snug, I ran a bead of ProFlex where the two vents touched on the inside and a bead around the Endura on the top and the two side (I left the bottom unsealed). I used blue painter’s tape to make the seal look clean.

Once the ProFlex stabilized (does it ever really dry?) I snapped on the curved vent cover without the damper and without sealant. Endura curved cover can be removed for cleaning and any repairs.
Attached Thumbnails
20190807_160146.jpg   20190807_145224.jpg   20190806_151612.jpg   20190815_131408.jpg   20190815_131738.jpg  

20190816_084006.jpg   20190816_084012.jpg  
CoolCampingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
So glad you helped me with mine at the same time Bill as although I wasn't afraid to cut the trailer wall for the Endura vent it was a heck of a lot easier to just install the SAM-1 vent which did fit. Then just place the Endura Vent frame with the flange cut off flush so it looks like a license plate holder right on top of the SAM-1. Mine is two-tone as my Sam-1 had the white vent instead of black, yet you don't see it unless you look up underneath.
Attached Thumbnails
SAM-1 Vent.jpg   Endura Vent.jpg  
Old 08-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Very nice - best of both worlds!
Old 08-16-2019, 05:36 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Ross, Always good to work with you on mods. Thank you for encouraging me to write it up.
CoolCampingKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Hey Bill- pleasure is all mine. Would never have thought of using both vents in tandem, not to mention the help 86'ing the OEM Noisemaker