Entrance Steps - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #41

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Yes, Pat, both of those separate steps you have look good. I can get something like that. Thank you for the photos.
Your Welcome ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #42

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Handrail outside

This is tangentially related to a step. Has anyone put a handgrip like this on their trailer? Lend-a-Hand Mini Handrail - Stromberg Carlson AM-250 - Hand Rails - Camping World or this
Extended Lend-a-Hand Rail - Stromberg Carlson AM-533 - Hand Rails - Camping World
Old 11-18-2017, 08:17 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm not aware of anyone with an Escape, I have had them on my SOB's- some other brands- but with the Escape's curved exterior as well as lack of any interior framing, without adding supports during construction, they would not work.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:43 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Hi I tried to get Escape to install the lend-a-handrail the smaller one before our trailer was built and it was a no . I did on pick up get them to install the black outside handle just inside our door . I could see that as a potential problem . On our previous camper having straight sides and same kind of door as new Escape's I installed a nice teak wood handrail I bought from Marine West just inside the door to grab exiting . Worked very well . I am thinking of getting the stainless outside handle from Marine West to replace the black handle . It is nicer and a little bigger . Pat
Old 12-06-2017, 11:26 PM   #45

Pat, was it in 2013 that you had ETI install a handle inside the doorway? i asked today about that for my build and was told it can't be done. i'm seeing the exit/entrance a significant problem without a handle inside as well as outside.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:04 AM   #46

Quote:
Pat, was it in 2013 that you had ETI install a handle inside the doorway? i asked today about that for my build and was told it can't be done. i'm seeing the exit/entrance a significant problem without a handle inside as well as outside.
Hi Yes it was on pickup in 2013 . I think your doorway with the newer model trailer is different though . We have a different doorway entrance . What you do have though is the pole that would be a help to you . I think you have a wood frame around your door . It could very well be possible to add a handle inside as long as it goes through the wood frame . When I installed on our previous camper with same kind of entrance door , I contacted the manufacturer of our camper and he told me where and how much wood framing around the door . If Escape doesn't want to install one for you , if you have that information , it is still possible I would think . Totally understand your need for that handle . Hope this helps you a little . Pat
Old 12-07-2017, 02:05 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi Yes it was on pickup in 2013 . I think your doorway with the newer model trailer is different though . We have a different doorway entrance . What you do have though is the pole that would be a help to you . I think you have a wood frame around your door . It could very well be possible to add a handle inside as long as it goes through the wood frame . When I installed on our previous camper with same kind of entrance door , I contacted the manufacturer of our camper and he told me where and how much wood framing around the door . If Escape doesn't want to install one for you , if you have that information , it is still possible I would think . Totally understand your need for that handle . Hope this helps you a little . Pat
Was thinking Oliver trailers have like door and they do provide a handle on their trailers . Pat
Old 12-07-2017, 08:38 AM   #48

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
What you do have though is the pole that would be a help to you .
Pat: The layout of the 17 does not have the counter and pole that you are referring too. I believe that is only the 19, 21 and 5.0TA.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:43 AM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Pat: The layout of the 17 does not have the counter and pole that you are referring too. I believe that is only the 19, 21 and 5.0TA.
Isn't that because the kitchen is on the drivers side in the 17s?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #50

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Isn't that because the kitchen is on the drivers side in the 17s?
Yup. Which means the fridge cabinetry is there to possibly mount an interior handle that is desired by h2owm.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Yup. Which means the fridge cabinetry is there to possibly mount an interior handle that is desired by h2owm.
Sorry Dave really didn't know the layout of a 17 . But yes if there is a cabinet there a handle could be installed just need good backing behind to screw into . Lots of nice handles in wood that would look nice . Pat
Old 12-07-2017, 10:59 AM   #52

brilliantt, rubicon. i'll ask about that because at building they should be able to reinforce a spot for the handle. heck, i'd even take reinforcement on the outside. I just want to be able to get in and out safely. Of course, that doesn't address the step issue in a high lift, but there are many ways to deal with that aftermarket. Thanks, all.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:30 AM   #53

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
brilliantt, rubicon. i'll ask about that because at building they should be able to reinforce a spot for the handle. heck, i'd even take reinforcement on the outside. I just want to be able to get in and out safely. Of course, that doesn't address the step issue in a high lift, but there are many ways to deal with that aftermarket. Thanks, all.
Hi, We have an extra handle from ETI. It is the same one that is installed on the outside. They installed it at orientation, placing it by the door after having us go in and out, deciding what height w e wanted it. Took mere minutes.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #54

Sounds like just what I need, Steven. I'll pursue that. Is the handle on the face of the refrig cabinet or on the white part around the door? I'm glad that your experience is so recent--it gives me hope.
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:15 AM   #55

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Sounds like just what I need, Steven. I'll pursue that. Is the handle on the face of the refrig cabinet or on the white part around the door? I'm glad that your experience is so recent--it gives me hope.
We put ours on the white part around the door. In the new trailer the area is reinforced for the door frame. We have a 21 the layout is way different from a 17 but the doors are the same.

I can't see ETI turning it down as an orientation install. Good luck