Escape 21: what have you done with your drawer stack? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2017, 09:42 AM   #1

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Escape 21: what have you done with your drawer stack?

CRNELSON's thread about his RV Widget Works Custom Cubby made me wish for a thread showing various ideas the "21 folks" have done/are doing with the top of their drawer stack. Searching the site I didn't find such a topic, although I know there are various pics buried in the "It's Friday" threads.

CRNELSON has an optional window and extra captain's light above their drawer stack, both of which are super ideas (IMHO). I've also seen some where an additional cabinet was built in, increasing storage...

Ours is a dark corner, with a stooge table on the bed end, which is almost always in the deployed position. When we mused over our build sheet, I expected I'd be able to find a little lamp that I liked (on Amazon or a big box store), but so far nothing I've seen is the perfect thing...

One thing we did find (on Amazon) to use in that corner of our trailer, is this plate-stacker shelf unit. It's designed to optimize space in a kitchen cabinet. On top of our drawer stack, it catches keys and cell phones, glasses/sunglasses, etc. It works really well, is light weight and the bamboo looks good with the Escape's wood cabinets. The best light/lamp we have tried shines downward and illuminates the bottom shelves. The shelf unit's not mounted, but is stowed in our wardrobe/closet when we're underway - not ideal, but it's easy enough, for now.
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #2

Anybody have other ideas?
Old 04-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
CRNELSON's thread about his RV Widget Works Custom Cubby made me wish for a thread showing various ideas the "21 folks" have done/are doing with the top of their drawer stack. Searching the site I didn't find such a topic, although I know there are various pics buried in the "It's Friday" threads.

CRNELSON has an optional window and extra captain's light above their drawer stack, both of which are super ideas (IMHO). I've also seen some where an additional cabinet was built in, increasing storage...

Ours is a dark corner, with a stooge table on the bed end, which is almost always in the deployed position. When we mused over our build sheet, I expected I'd be able to find a little lamp that I liked (on Amazon or a big box store), but so far nothing I've seen is the perfect thing...

One thing we did find (on Amazon) to use in that corner of our trailer, is this plate-stacker shelf unit. It's designed to optimize space in a kitchen cabinet. On top of our drawer stack, it catches keys and cell phones, glasses/sunglasses, etc. It works really well, is light weight and the bamboo looks good with the Escape's wood cabinets. The best light/lamp we have tried shines downward and illuminates the bottom shelves. The shelf unit's not mounted, but is stowed in our wardrobe/closet when we're underway - not ideal, but it's easy enough, for now.
wow that 3 tier thing is COOL! for the top of the drawer stack.

now if only i could convince my better 1/2 that we need it.

any chance you could tell me approx how high, in inches, each shelf is, off the 'deck'

so i could measure to see how it would fit there.... with hooks and thermostat...
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:23 PM   #4

I can't get it done right now, but according to the specs, it's 10"x10"x9.5" overall. It's designed to hold dinner plates. If you look on Amazon, there's also a 2 tier (1 shelf) model that is a bit shorter (7" I think).
Old 04-25-2017, 03:40 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We have that area "clear." The matching counter top to the kitchen is one of the features on Escapes that I like. We have a part of our beach and sand theme for the trailer there, items from travels, often including a small painted pillow, piece of Great Lakes driftwood, a bundle of Indian sage, and that's about all. We have a super junky look elsewhere with moving and hope to not have that in the Escape! We also have the shelf there, Mary, but usually down, as I think it would be in the way for getting out of bed.

All of our small junk goes in the top drawer and we now have Charlie's drawer topper to organize that better. That drawer is full of little items for the trailer such as keys, glasses, flashlight, etc. We each use a lower drawer for small (read underwear) clothing.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote