extra insulation or not - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2018, 07:25 AM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaldwell0 View Post
We are new to Escapes and are shopping for a used one. If you do not get the thermal windows a insulation option, does the standard trailer come with any type of insulation like reflectix type or is that considered the insulation package?
If you veiw the "Walk Through - How It's Made" video on the main page of the Escape site you will see where the optional 1/2" insulation and the standard vinyl covered 2/8" foam is place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Wi6_KR_n_As
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:34 AM   #42

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We have a non insulated floor on our Casita and an insulated floor with heat pads on our
Escape . Save your money !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 07:56 AM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Just to be clear, the heat pads mentioned by Steve have nothing to do with keeping the trailer warm, they are installed on the tanks to keep the contents from freezing. The optional heat pads are 12v and thermostatically controlled but draw so much from the battery that their use would be limited only if you have hookups. The optional foam package underneath the trailer will help with heat and cold.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #44

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Our Casita had a non insulated floor, our Escape has the insulated floor. The Casita had the industrial wall to wall carpet and the shag carpet walls. We just went through a 24 F night. The Casita would have had dripping windows, a cold bed at the rear curve, and the floor would have been quite cold through the carpet. The furnace would have been running nonstop. The Escape had the furnace running, but infrequently, the rear end of the bed was cool, the windows dry, and the floor was barefoot comfortable.

We live in AZ and do not like cold. The insulation package is worth it.
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #45

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
Our Casita had a non insulated floor, our Escape has the insulated floor. The Casita had the industrial wall to wall carpet and the shag carpet walls. We just went through a 24 F night. The Casita would have had dripping windows, a cold bed at the rear curve, and the floor would have been quite cold through the carpet. The furnace would have been running nonstop. The Escape had the furnace running, but infrequently, the rear end of the bed was cool, the windows dry, and the floor was barefoot comfortable.

We live in AZ and do not like cold. The insulation package is worth it.
Good comparison, Upfisk! To me, the best feature of the under-trailer foam is the barefoot comfort. At night, the inside air can be comfortably cool, yet the floor is just right

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #46

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i got the insulation and foam insulation on the floor I'm glad i did. Did not get the heat pads i don't camp below freezing so would not use them. If i did i would camp with a winterized trailer.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:15 PM   #47
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
to me the best part of the insulated escape is how QUIET it is with the double pane windows, etc. also its much darker inside for those days you want to sleep in but the sun came up at 6am relentlessly.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #48

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
to me the best part of the insulated escape is how QUIET it is with the double pane windows, etc. also its much darker inside for those days you want to sleep in but the sun came up at 6am relentlessly.
The sound insulation properties are fantastic. With the full insulation package (minus heat pads) we perhaps miss sound we should be hearing as campground hosts. Campers will approach us in the morning upset about a noisy party that violated quiet hours. Our true response is "Sorry, we couldn't hear them inside the trailer. Come knock on the door if it happens again".

--
Alan
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:29 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I find as I get older that my hearing has also become insulated, if I can not see your lips moving, I can not hear you!!
Old 10-06-2018, 05:35 AM   #50

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Must be in the ear of the beholder, we find the trailer doesn't block out all that much sound, even with the insulation and dual pane.

Open the parabolic ear over our heads in the 5.0TA and you can hear the crickets creep at 100 yards.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:18 AM   #51

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
We generally camp with between one and several windows open depending on conditions. The sound insulating properties of the thermal package with dual pane windows is readily apparent when you shut them all up. It’s an easy way to block out the loudtalkers across the way. If something is so loud that I can still hear it when all buttoned up then it’s pretty loud.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #52

I have posted before.
We have a 19 ft trailer, we have the double windows and double insulation.
Our first night was in the snow, minus 10 or so celcious, started the furnace, had a glass of wine, went to bed for a comfortable sleep.
I have since dry camped in colder weather.
Now I live in BC on the Island, the insulation keeps out the heat.
Doug
Yukon Escape is offline   Reply With Quote