extra insulation or not - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2015, 12:02 PM   #31

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
It depends entirely on how and where the owner is going to use the trailer, but it is a trailer and most see a wide range of climates. In 2 nights you can be from up in the cold of the mountains to the heat of the desert, but it gets cold there too. And Texas is a steam bath in the summer. Since I use our trailer in the early spring and late fall in the upper Midwest, all of the insulation packages and heat pads were the first thing on the build sheet. And if it was up for sale, it would appeal to a wider range of buyers. Loren

Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:29 PM   #32

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
52 per cent. This information can be obtained by reading a copy of the U.S. Congressional Safety Pamphlet, XXVII, Department of Trailer Double-Pain Silence and Inter-continental Shower Condements , page 99, sub-paragraph D.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:40 PM   #33

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
It depends entirely on how and where the owner is going to use the trailer, but it is a trailer and most see a wide range of climates. In 2 nights you can be from up in the cold of the mountains to the heat of the desert, but it gets cold there too. And Texas is a steam bath in the summer. Since I use our trailer in the early spring and late fall in the upper Midwest, all of the insulation packages and heat pads were the first thing on the build sheet. And if it was up for sale, it would appeal to a wider range of buyers. Loren
That's pretty much what I'm saying. Figure out what kind of camping seems appealing or that you currently do, and adjust the option list accordingly. The areas that you are most likely to frequent should also come into consideration. There's no sense in paying for options that will not come in useful just because they may appeal to a wider range of buyer when it comes time to sell. If that were the case, all options should be purchased.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
How are you able to measure the difference in noise levels if you only camp with one trailer?
I totally agree here. I have the extra insulation but was mildly shocked at how loud my television/music was from outside of the trailer one winter evening. (No, I don't have a hearing problem...yet.) So I am not in the noise-reduction faction with regard to extra insulation as I think it is insignificant.
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #35

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
52 per cent. This information can be obtained by reading a copy of the U.S. Congressional Safety Pamphlet, XXVII, Department of Trailer Double-Pain Silence and Inter-continental Shower Condements , page 99, sub-paragraph D.
Only 52%...that surprises me but, I knew I was right. Dang, I knew I'd read this somewhere, I just couldn't remember when or where. Thanks Myron.
By The Way, the information contained within this document is also applicable in Canada!!
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:33 PM   #36

Trailer: 2018 5TA
We've spent April in the mid northern BC area, and last November were on Vancouver Island for 2 weeks. With a small electric heater we were able to keep the inside temperatures at 21 degrees (table height) when it was only +3 outside. The insulation, although thin, along with the windows seemed to offer fairly decent heat retention. Without it I suspect things would have got much, much colder.
As for noise reduction, it doesn't work for that, only heat retention.

ian&denis is offline   Reply With Quote