Factory Modifications? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #31

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Re: Factory Modifications?

JCZ,

I don't know if more different bulbs would help the focusing problem or not. My guess is not. The lights are nice and bright, and while I really like the brightness for reading, it makes it a bit more difficult for the non-reading bed mate to sleep. One way around that is to spend more time hiking and biking and canoeing and fishing. If you do enough of it, it will render the light a non-issue. And we have a 17b, which means that we are closer together, so maybe it won't be as much of a problem in a 5.0

The stereo I got is not the stock stereo. It is an AWM975, that I got from Camping World when it was on sale. I chose the AWM975 because I like the hdmi output, and to have a set up where one remote works for both the DVD and TV. The stereo has a 3.5mm input plug, and integrates with ipod/ipads so we can access all the music we have with us. you can find out more about it here:
http://www.jensenheavyduty.com/jense...eo-output.html There are lots of folks on the forum who point out that it makes a lot of sense to leave the built in electronics out, and just have a portable dvd player or portable speakers for your iDevice. I think they have a valid point, but I preferred to have something built in.

Leon

Old 08-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #32
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Webster
JCZ,

I don't know if more different bulbs would help the focusing problem or not. My guess is not. The lights are nice and bright, and while I really like the brightness for reading, it makes it a bit more difficult for the non-reading bed mate to sleep. One way around that is to spend more time hiking and biking and canoeing and fishing. If you do enough of it, it will render the light a non-issue. And we have a 17b, which means that we are closer together, so maybe it won't be as much of a problem in a 5.0

The stereo I got is not the stock stereo. It is an AWM975, that I got from Camping World when it was on sale. I chose the AWM975 because I like the hdmi output, and to have a set up where one remote works for both the DVD and TV. The stereo has a 3.5mm input plug, and integrates with ipod/ipads so we can access all the music we have with us. you can find out more about it here:
http://www.jensenheavyduty.com/jense...eo-output.html There are lots of folks on the forum who point out that it makes a lot of sense to leave the built in electronics out, and just have a portable dvd player or portable speakers for your iDevice. I think they have a valid point, but I preferred to have something built in.

Leon
Thanks Leon! I looked in to the AWM975 yesterday, along with the TV #JE1912LEDWM, yesterday after reading your earlier post. Looks like a great set up however, the TV doesn't have headphone jacks. While I can fall asleep with any noise and sleep right through it (along with ambient light), my wife can not go to sleep with the slightest noise and/or light and will wake up at the slightetest hint of either. I've threatened to get her a bottle of sleeping pills.

OK, I've said it before....I am technology challenged (spell that "technology s-t-u-p-i-d"). I mean I still have a flip phone (sure don't have to worry about butt dialing anybody) and I call my wife anytime I have a problem with my computer, printer, dish receiver, etc. I have texting blocked on my phone....it's so impersonal. My wife does have the Droid and Kindle but that's it. We have XM in all of our vehicles with the Garmin 2730 Street Pilot (I understand it's also obsolete). That's it.....don't know anything about ipods or ipads or idevice.

So.....just when I thought I had it all solved with the AWM975 stereo and the JE1912LEDWM TV....looks like I'm back to the drawing board simply because it doesn't have a headphone jack. HELP.....I'm so confused!!!

Now I know some people are laughing but I'll be there's at least one other out there that can relate.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #33

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape

Wireless headphones--I am technology challenged too--so some may laugh at me for thinking of them...
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #34
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirie
Wireless headphones--I am technology challenged too--so some may laugh at me for thinking of them...
Great idea.....why didn't I think of that? Have to check the TV to see if there's jacks in the back to plug the transmitter in.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #35

Many devices have BlueTooth connectivity. There are lots of BlueTooth headsets around and I'll bet some TVs have it as well.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #36
JCZ

OK, one of you guys that's technology savy....can you take a look at the specs on this TV and tell me if there's any way to use headphones (wired or wireless)?

http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/jensen...ed-lcd-tv.html
Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #37

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander

JCZ,

One thing that you could do is to mute the TV, and use the earphones from the stereo. After we had used the TV for a couple of times, we realized that the sound was coming from both the Stereo (DVD player) speakers and the TV speakers. Since then we have been muting the TV and using the stereo speakers. I have never used earphones with the stereo, but I assume that when you plug them in, you mute the speakers.

Leon
Old 08-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #38
JCZ

Thanks Leon.

This TV doesn't show any adio out jacks, front or rear. But if they play through the stereo also, then we should also be able to plug in wireless headphones (so we don't have the cord running through the trailer). Sounds like there's a solution afterall.

For obvious reasons (even to the technically challeneged.....whoever they may be ) I want to go with the stereo and TV that you went with. I'm not much of a movie guy (that's the wife). While I have to have my dose of news and news programs, etc. I need real time TV first thing in the AM.

Even though we're still working for four more years, we want to set this trailer up now for full time traveling so that's why we're getting all the creature comforts loaded in it now.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancheru
I've seen people say that these units can be modified from the factory to accommodate more outputs or even wide band inputs. My question is how much more is required is the major option and a question to the management. They must decide and give better solution.
click here
Spam